The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: NON-ROLEX watches

Old 19 October 2023, 10:31 AM   #1
WRXtranceformed
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

FS: Grand Seiko SBGA429 "Soko" Bamboo Forest (Sept 2023)

Hi crew! Up for sale is a recent addition / catch and release from my personal collection, the stunning Grand Seiko Soko SBGA429. This is a US special edition release that was designed to represent the life of the Arashiyama bamboo forest in Kyoto in its peak season at the end of Autumn. The vertical texture of the dials reflects the stalks in the bamboo forest. I picked this up this month from my AD but after giving it a few days on the wrist I don’t think it’s going to end up in my regular rotation. I’d rather see it go to someone who will put it through the paces!

What I like about this piece is that it is very versatile, very sporty and one of the most wearable stainless steel GS cases out there at 39mm x 46.8mm x 12.3mm thick. It is extremely comfortable on the wrist. It’s also an incredible GADA watch with 10bar water resistance with screw down crown, 4,800 a/m magnetic resistance and the renowned Spring 9R65 Spring Drive movement with smooth sweep hand and 72 hour power reserve.

Condition wise this is nearly new, it was sized and worn carefully for a few days. The only notable flaws are two slight hairlines on the polished stainless lip of the caseback and two very small hairlines on the polished bezel at 5:30. These are only visible at certain angles in direct light – the “deep black” Zaratsu polish really helps hide most offending marks that end up on these cases. You can see how it disappears depending on the camera angle in the shots that I shared. The matching grey croc leather strap with lime green stitching is brand new and never worn!

The watch will come as a full kit with stamped AD warranty card from 10/2023, extra links and unused OEM leather strap. The MSRP on this watch is $5,000 before tax.

I am asking $3850 net to me, including shipping in the US. Not interested in trades on this one. Don't hesitate due to my low post count; I have hundreds of verifiable positive transactions histories on Watchuseek and Reddit WatchExchange. Happy to provide those references to you! Message me with any questions or your interest. Thank you for looking!

WRXtranceformed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2023, 12:37 AM   #2
WRXtranceformed
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Sold
WRXtranceformed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grand seiko sbga429