The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 15 October 2023, 02:54 AM   #61
whatsthetime?
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnipples24 View Post
Alright update time:

As of this morning, PayPal ruled in my favor and issued me a full refund, no questions asked. I don't need to send anything back, I should see the credit back to my card within 30 days.

- for all the people talking about a BLRO for $14k, ill try to explain my logic.
The watch was listed for sale and sat for over a month at $16k. To me this indicated that there wasn't much interest at that price point for buying a watch from ukraine, and when I offered $14.5k, he accepted it because he purchased at retail and would still make a decent profit, and I'd have to wait a decent amount.
- he sent me a video of the watch with my username tagged, so he definitely had a BLRO in his posession.
- he was willing to accept PayPal.
That was my thought process. I will admit I was blinded by money, and moving forward I will always listen to my gut now. I've been buying/selling for 10 years and this is the second time I've had issues. Luckily I paid with PayPal, and was able to recoup my money.
- I am still perplexed by what this scammer was trying to achieve. They sent me books and listed it $50 value on the forms. If he had two braincells to rub together he would've sent me some fugazi watch and filled out a legitimate customs forms. PayPal was obviously going to refund my money. Lesson learned.
You are very lucky that PP sided with you and gave you a refund. I don't know where you read that PP usually sides with the buyer -- but rather it's the other way around. There are plenty of "trusted sellers" on TRF located right here in the states -- there is no excuse not use them. Anyway -- glad you came out on top in the end.
Old 15 October 2023, 10:56 PM   #62
chro.nic
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnipples24 View Post
Alright update time:

As of this morning, PayPal ruled in my favor and issued me a full refund, no questions asked. I don't need to send anything back, I should see the credit back to my card within 30 days.

- for all the people talking about a BLRO for $14k, ill try to explain my logic.
The watch was listed for sale and sat for over a month at $16k. To me this indicated that there wasn't much interest at that price point for buying a watch from ukraine, and when I offered $14.5k, he accepted it because he purchased at retail and would still make a decent profit, and I'd have to wait a decent amount.
- he sent me a video of the watch with my username tagged, so he definitely had a BLRO in his posession.
- he was willing to accept PayPal.
That was my thought process. I will admit I was blinded by money, and moving forward I will always listen to my gut now. I've been buying/selling for 10 years and this is the second time I've had issues. Luckily I paid with PayPal, and was able to recoup my money.
- I am still perplexed by what this scammer was trying to achieve. They sent me books and listed it $50 value on the forms. If he had two braincells to rub together he would've sent me some fugazi watch and filled out a legitimate customs forms. PayPal was obviously going to refund my money. Lesson learned.
Awesome!!!

.nic
chro.nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2023, 07:56 PM   #63
JeromeL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sski View Post
It's hard to know the thought process of these scammer types; basically, make $$$ by hook and crook- so be it. Having said that- they usually cast a wide net (let's say 20 a week for example.) Out of those 20- say even 1 works out, that's an easy $15K right there. Not everyone fights these things tooth and nail for various reasons.

He will probably submit photos or a video of him boxing up the watch and putting the shipping label (easy enough to switch the box with the books in the car.)

You stand a good chance I'd say. You were wise to film the unboxing- I never did that in any of my transactions. That in itself puts you on solid ground. The police report is an important formality- it will give you more credibility in communicating with Paypal and Credit card Co. Add the video evidence + the police report and the communication/correspondence & it should work in your favor. (ensure the scammer gets banned- that will be a proof too. Report him to the mods.)

How long it takes, thats hard to tell... just be patient & keep us posted.

You’re a definition of brothers keeper, I’ve learnt a lot from this incident. Like videotaping the unboxing of every delivery. Let’s stay safe out there, always remember to buy the seller first.
JeromeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2023, 08:04 PM   #64
JeromeL
Banned

Congrats on getting the refund.
JeromeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2023, 04:40 PM   #65
SwissmadeTexan
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SUB LV-C/Pepsi C
I’ve been wondering who was going to try to get that watch. Lol