View Single Post
Old 8 March 2023, 04:48 AM   #22
1st amg
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
I will tell you what I tell myself. Excuses are worthless. You either hit your goals, or you to do not. No one to blame but you. And I don't care how bad the problem/excuse is. It is still just an excuse. We tell them to ourselves to make us feel better.

FWIW, I have a ton of them. Just yesterday, I tweaked my back while working out. I have had major back injuries the last decade. It felt as if I did something really bad. Limped around all day. In a lot of pain. Still got my steps in last night. And I was still at the gym this morning. I simply did elliptical instead of resistance training. And then I did a lot of core work. I am still in a lot of pain.

But if I gain weight, my excuses mean nothing. If I do not hit my goals, excuses mean nothing. I either hit my goals, or I don't. I have zero patience my own excuses or anyone else's. If the goals are not important enough, then you don't hit them. If they are, you do. Simple as that. Not my rules. Life's rules.

In regard to Keto, it is a fad. It can certainly work. But the truth is that anything works, if you do it consistently for long enough.

Decide what you want. Make a plan to get there. Stick to it over time. And you will hit your goals. If you don't, you won't.

I do also echo what others said about low T. I am all for adding whatever necessary to hit your goals.
Buddy, please get off the elliptical for cardio. That is horrible for your back. I too suffer from some major flare ups with my lower back. I was told lay off the elliptical. When your in pain, stick to a bike or a long walk on the treadmill.
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote