The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 1 March 2020, 08:51 PM   #1
Pilliam
"TRF" Member

Basel implications

A quick, practical question; forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere:

Since Basel has been postponed, does this mean that Rolex likely won't introduce its new models until January '21?

Thank you.
Pilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2020, 08:55 PM   #2
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
I doubt if Basel has that much influence or importance that Rolex would put its whole 2020 release lineup on hold till 2021.
Old 1 March 2020, 08:58 PM   #3
Pilliam
"TRF" Member

Old Expat Beast...I'm inclined to agree; and consequently wonder when and how Rolex will release/unveil its new models this year.
Pilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2020, 09:00 PM   #4
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Probably on their website and social media.
Old 1 March 2020, 09:07 PM   #5
glamorama
"TRF" Member

It's going to be interesting year as this disrupts the status-quo and allow someone to take advantage of this window to create more PR for themselves than they would've gotten in the shadow of "Rolexworld".

I read on Instagram that AP is inviting collectors to smaller gatherings for some unveiling. Nothing new but think those type of events will increase.
glamorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2020, 09:24 PM   #6
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmk416 View Post
A quick, practical question; forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere:

Since Basel has been postponed, does this mean that Rolex likely won't introduce its new models until January '21?

Thank you.

In the real world if and a big if they release any real new models instead of what they have done over the past 20 odd years mainly cosmetically changed old ones.You could count on one hand the real totally new models released by Rolex over the past few decades.Now if they release any new models only Rolex knows when they will release them for public view its that simple.And if they really do make some real totally new models expect a 6-9 month wait from introduction to seeing them at any AD world wide

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2020, 09:29 PM   #7
Sandpit
"TRF" Member

My prediction is that the social media campaign will increase significantly and we will see more of those teaser videos that we've had over the last few years. Remember the YM42 teaser videos which everyone thought was a new sub? And the Tudor teasers which everyone also thought was a Tudor sub?

The Rolex marketing department will go into overdrive to create as much hype and speculation as possible so that people will almost forget about Baselworld.

I then think that we will see the big news / media outlets (hodinkees and the like) invited to small release events along with VIPs for first looks and reviews.

So for the likes of us normal folk which get our news from social media and apps i don't think anything will change. I've got my first sight of releases from Rolex's instagram account for the last couple of years and that won't change for me because Basel is cancelled.
Sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote