The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 April 2020, 03:24 PM   #31
HankScorpio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZCaL View Post
What do you mean receipt if purchased pre-owned? I’ve purchased watches from trusted grey dealers here and was never given an original receipt. I only received the warranty card and all the tags that came along with the box. They were all advertised with box and papers.
To me "box and papers" is just that, original box and warranty card or paper. Everything else is just gravy, nice to have but not "box and papers". I keep my original reciepts from my AD purchases, but if I sold to a grey I wouldn't include them. I imagine many people feel the same, so not surprised by your comment. I don't think you should feel like you are missing anything.
HankScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2020, 09:31 PM   #32
RaZCaL
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500,116610,VCO
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
To me "box and papers" is just that, original box and warranty card or paper. Everything else is just gravy, nice to have but not "box and papers". I keep my original reciepts from my AD purchases, but if I sold to a grey I wouldn't include them. I imagine many people feel the same, so not surprised by your comment. I don't think you should feel like you are missing anything.
Thanks! That makes me feel better.
RaZCaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2020, 10:06 PM   #33
Michael T
2024 Pledge Member

If it is everything on a late model

Inner box
Outer box (sometimes)
Warranty card (or paper)
Instruction manual
Pocket for the last two
Bezel protector
Hang tag
Polishing cloth
Michael T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2020, 10:24 PM   #34
Marcjvr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillo View Post
Most people aren't freaks like us though. They get the watch, put it on their wrist and toss the box and bits somewhere and forget about them.
Agree 100%

I bought my dad a Rolex and within 10 minutes of opening it he got up and headed over to the trash can and threw the inner and outer box, hang tag and all stickers and covers away.

I pointed out to him that a lot of people keep those as part of the set and he just shrugged his shoulders and poured himself a whiskey wearing his new Rolex lol

He just kept the warranty card and the watch. Said he didn’t need anything else. He’s not wrong.
Marcjvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2020, 02:05 AM   #35
supernova
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
To answer the original question, it's as simple as what is mentioned in the question. Should be the watch, the box and the warranty paper/card. I would expect nothing more or nothing less if it's advertised liked that. Not sure why some are complicating things...
supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2020, 12:18 PM   #36
RomanH
Banned

Warranty is the most important paper, but it’s nice to get everything else too))
RomanH is offline   Reply With Quote