The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 April 2020, 08:07 PM   #31
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicing View Post
Hello!

Last year I purchased a new-in-box Rolex Oyster Perpetual 114200 off of Jomashop.

So obviously it is gray market.

It did not come with the Rolex warranty card or any Rolex papers, just the outer and inner box, the COSC hangtag and the watch itself with the stickers and plastic intact.

My question is, will I have any trouble getting this watch serviced by Rolex in the future?
Look a very simple fact Rolex would not need to know or care where you bought your watch.As long as its genuine they will gladly take your money for any service needed.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2020, 08:12 PM   #32
Greg 59
"TRF" Member

It depends where in the world you are and what you are expecting. If you are concerned about getting the watch repaired under warranty then that is different to getting the watch serviced out of warranty. My understanding is that a warranty repair is not guaranteed if you cannot produce the card and in some parts of the world it has to be in your name.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Greg 59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2020, 10:26 PM   #33
Sgooter
2024 Pledge Member

I bought a gray-market GMT in 1994 without papers (I didn't know much then). Sent it to the RSC-Dallas for servicing in 2018. They spruced it up, and the service report also served as evidence of the watch's authenticity. This enabled me sell to it with confidence to a wise and experienced buyer in 2019.
Sgooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2020, 10:56 PM   #34
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
Jomashop has their own warranty service which the length of it is advertised on the listing if you scroll down to see it.
I just wonder where is the card, if they have one and keep it and if so do they swipe it when its first sold?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2020, 11:02 PM   #35
ByronB
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yacht-Master II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg 59 View Post
I'm curious as to why a virtually new watch would not have it's box and papers still. Did you get an explanation from Joma prior to purchase? The reason I ask is that it does increase the chance that the watch could be stolen. If reported to Rolex then they would retain the watch at service.
Just a precautionary heads up.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Some AD's will keep the warranty card when they sell to Grey's so that they do not get in trouble with Rolex for selling out the back door. I purchased a brand new YM II from a trusted Grey early this year and it had all books and boxes but it was missing the warranty card. I was told that the AD that sold it to the Grey kept it for that reason. It did not matter to me because I saved a bunch of money on a brand new watch. I figured, how often does a new Rolex have to go in for warranty repairs? To me it was well worth the small risk of having to pay for a repair that would have been covered under the original warranty to save a ton of money up front. I figured worst case scenario I might have to use a portion of the up front savings to pay for a repair that would have been covered under warranty if I had the card. No problem!

Congrats to the OP!
ByronB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2020, 02:23 AM   #36
Fred48
Banned

+1; makes a lot of sense depending on how much discount you get, and, of course, assuming the watch is genuine.
Fred48 is offline   Reply With Quote