The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 September 2020, 06:02 AM   #571
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHIII View Post
Forgive me, but this is quite strong accusatory language that is in essence subliminally suggesting some sort of defamation or slander and has absolutely no place in a watch forum -

I suggest the mods have a serious look at some of the vernacular within this thread as well as the overall mood and make a call before this potentially turns ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCOSUB View Post
Nobody has called David or whoever you spoke to there a liar. However, that being said........David is a businessman and he hasnt grown from a small office grey to a big free standing "retail" outlet with a new building selling product on the cheap. Just like any seller......I am sure he uses common retail tactics to help create buzz and demand for his products which maximizes his profits. I dont fault him for it but will never take what any watch sellers as gospel. They are always going to say what best serves them.
I totally agree....it is not fair to accuse someone of lying and then when that person is confronted, they attempt to write it off as "common business practices" and accusatory suspicions based on the fact that they have been around the block.

Although I am not the barometer of what is accepted or permitted, the initial speculation is totally understandable, I get it. However, when the TS responds and unequivocally states that it was indeed SOLD and then in response there is a further attempt to perpetuate that the TS is being dishonest or deceitful, then that's unfair and unjustified.

I did not accuse anyone of defamation, subliminally or outright expressly, and of course not slander, because that is spoken word. This is TRF. But please be clear, when someone accuses someone of making an untrue statement of fact relating to a fact or facts and circumstances of which they (that would be David and his agents) have knowledge or are expected to have knowledge and details, then he or she is accusing that person(s) of lying.

I do appreciate your attempt to keep things cool, though. Now that the issue has been de-escalated, let's take the discussion and focus back to the market/climate in general rather than what has been going on in the last 10 odd posts.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
JacksonRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2020, 06:11 AM   #572
LeftHookLacey
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teck21 View Post
So you agree that’s there’s no blame to be apportioned, and then ‘Rolex can only be blamed’?

Like pretty much any company in this world, Rolex can produce as much or as little of anything they want to sell.

Not really- 99.9999% of companies will produce as much goods/services as they can and maintain thier prices.

And don't go with the entire 'but its luxury' argument.

Rolex does not function like "any company in the world".
LeftHookLacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2020, 07:44 AM   #573
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by teck21 View Post
So you agree that’s there’s no blame to be apportioned, and then ‘Rolex can only be blamed’?

Like pretty much any company in this world, Rolex can produce as much or as little of anything they want to sell.

I am saying Rolex can only be blamed for not having an entire personality transplant to satisfy the Johnny-come-latelys, so no they cannot be blamed for sticking to their ethos which has put them where they are in the first place.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2020, 08:08 AM   #574
Just_Watch
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114270
I wonder how many AD employees sell watches to friends on a regular basis and split the profit. It would certainly help make ends meet for a retail employee and explain a lot of things.
Just_Watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2020, 09:22 AM   #575
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Insanity in the marketplace....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Watch View Post
I wonder how many AD employees sell watches to friends on a regular basis and split the profit. It would certainly help make ends meet for a retail employee and explain a lot of things.

I think all the hot models have to get approved to be sold to anyone that’s not a grey dealer by the higher ups
Hollie_Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2020, 10:24 AM   #576
RoscoPico
"TRF" Member

Watch: ingMe,WatchingYou.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfrankenstein View Post
^ agree 100%

Nothing wrong with making money but Rolex SS Sport Watches are not a free market economy
totally true. the market sets it's own price in a way. the brand has been establishing itself over time and has organically become the most desired.
people, myself included, can opt not to contribute to the demand

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpl View Post
TOTAL insanity happening at the moment.

I'm stepping away from purchasing any watch for the time being. Everyone has gone mad.
you and me both, wish i would have done many things in the past, and ready to accept that i won't be able to own many watches i like at a price i think is fair anytime in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLT View Post
Probably laughs, all the way to the bank that is.
as he should, i don't know him but have only heard good things, and all publicity is good publicity when it comes to business (generally speaking). he should sell watches for whatever he can get for them. this thread should be focused on the insanity of rolex prices at the moment, through no person's or entities fault. it just is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
I am saying Rolex can only be blamed for not having an entire personality transplant to satisfy the Johnny-come-latelys, so no they cannot be blamed for sticking to their ethos which has put them where they are in the first place.
agreed. i'd even argue they can't be credited with being put where they are in the first place. Hans chose a cool name, they have made good watches all along, and had a few lucky breaks - like paul newman. it's delusional to think otherwise
RoscoPico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2020, 04:08 PM   #577
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchEater666 View Post
It's an allocation piece. You cant get one without an AD relationship. I didn't realize they were selling for that much either though...
that's what I was told but does the ALS boutique give discounts on their hard to move dress watches ? I tried the SS version on doesnt feel that special - bracelet is meh
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2020, 05:24 PM   #578
teck21
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Black Bay 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoscoPico View Post
people, myself included, can opt not to contribute to the demand

it just is what it is.

agreed. i'd even argue they can't be credited with being put where they are in the first place. Hans chose a cool name, they have made good watches all along, and had a few lucky breaks - like paul newman. it's delusional to think otherwise
Very good points in your entire post. I can understand frustrations at not being able to get a watch, but not how these frustrations boil over into conspiracy theories, feelings of being unfairly punished etc.

People should be focusing on how to get that watch, or live with not having it. Instead there’s just a whole load of ‘it’s not fair’ ‘it’s not right’, and swearing off the Rolex brand only to hang around.

Interesting point about the credit. I agree as well, people go on and on about the Rolex marketing machine.

But it has always been the same. They have sponsored the same events for eons, the same people, published the same boring paper ads since the start of time. So clearly it’s not anything they did.

It was global events that truly resulted in the current situation. Events of an economic nature, and the proliferation of watches as an acceptable thing on mass social media.

Rolex didn’t do a thing, they just found themselves in the right place, at the right time, and so Rolex SA and all the ADs suddenly found themselves in world so full of money chasing Rolex watches, and effectively turned into money printing machines.

So for you whingers, there is no one to blame. If you must find someone to blame, look on the mirror. You have chosen to chase a product for which there are many chasing each piece.

Blame yourself for not having the money, or the willingness to spend the necessary money.

The choice has always been yours.

Maybe blame the perps who brought about the GFC. That really set the ball rolling for the world we live in now.

teck21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
it's just business , menstrual synchrony here , why so salty?