The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 29 November 2023, 09:47 PM   #31
GH.Chrono
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue SkyD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajurama View Post
I am able to source pm models without waiting at discounts as of today.
Could you tell us anymore on this?
GH.Chrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2023, 09:48 PM   #32
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearjockey View Post
Where are you talking about? Inflation hasn’t decreased and they haven’t stopped printing money. US interest on debt is now $1T. There’s no way fed-print subsides.

I blame the media. People see reports from major news outlets that the rate of inflation is lower. But all that means is that inflation is still rising but the rate at which it is rising is not as severe. The problem is that journalists often don’t understand this, and if they don’t understand it, then they can’t effectively articulate it to the masses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2023, 10:24 PM   #33
learningtofly
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Hmmm...
Plus ça change...
Old 29 November 2023, 11:43 PM   #34
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podmornica View Post
Zero sense to visit Rolex AD at this point.

1.) You will never get the most popular models like BLRO, BLNR or Daytona unless you have already spent hundreds of thousands of $$$

2.) Almost everything else, especially heavy hitters like the Daydate 36 or 40, Submariner in full gold, two tone datejusts ... are already sub MSRP and available immediately without listening to BS stories from the sale rep.

Agree 100%

2023 White dial. Absolutely cannot move

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=918867

Hollie_Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2023, 11:57 PM   #35
askdanny
"TRF" Member

Watch: Clock on my A330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollieo View Post
Nice article...
I’m curious what the forecast actually says. Will there will be millions more people worldwide that will have $50k of discretionary income per year in the next 10 years?
Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed the article.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I was just pointed to a 2023 Deloitte study about the state of the watch industry. You might find your answer there. https://www2.deloitte.com/content/da...dy-2023_EN.pdf

The TL;DR version of my article is that India only has 25 Rolex boutiques in a country that has just become the world’s most populous. There is no other place with such a disparity — or such a ratio — between the number of people and the number of Rolex authorized dealers. 1.4 billion for 25? The fact that India is now the fastest growing major economy will only exacerbate the problem.

When it comes to India, here's what the Deloitte report said: "The country is attractive not just because of the sheer quantity of potential consumers, but also because of the quality of these consumers.

"Increasingly aspirational, with evolving lifestyle preferences and a desire for luxury products that mirror their personal identity and values, Indian consumers have risen into the luxury segment.

"By 2028 we predict that export sales of Swiss watches in India will reach over CHF 400 million. We think that India will be in the top 10 of Swiss export markets within a decade."

Rolex's Bulle factory won't open until 2029. I do believe India will be, in the next decade, our biggest impediment to Rolex availability.
Old 30 November 2023, 12:02 AM   #36
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

I understand (not surprisingly) very expensive models demand has dropped off a cliff. Maybe it feels like at least back to 2018? (Steel moderate wait, and gold immediate or next one in within 3 months)
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2023, 06:30 AM   #37
Fjweld
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570, 1601,
The market is definitely shifting and there isn’t much that businesses can do when money is scarce and expensive to borrow. We are getting back to reality. Market will still be askew by greys that are buried but the professionals and trusted greys will survive and weed out all the new watch flippers that thought they hit the lotto
Fjweld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2023, 07:40 AM   #38
classicalthunder
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by londondude View Post
While certain watches have become more easily available, others are still very difficult to get. I’m waiting for a Sub no date, no indication of when it will come through. I think the price point of most SS is very affordable by many so demand is very strong. Don’t see this changing in the short term
Same here, over 2.5 years at this point waiting for a no date Sub for my 40th bday (which was 6 months ago). Granted I started over from scratch with a new AD after 2 decades and 2 relocations since my last Rolex purchase.

Played 'the game' for 1.5 year and stopped in every other month to chit chat and bought the occasional small scale jewelry piece for the wife for xmas or her birthday (nothing I wasn't going to buy somewhere else anyways) to no avail.

At this point it is a once every 6 months check in on the ND Sub.
classicalthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2023, 12:33 AM   #39
askdanny
"TRF" Member

Watch: Clock on my A330
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajurama View Post
I am able to source pm models without waiting at discounts as of today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcgbaj View Post
Where? Don't say Wakanda please.
The poster who says he is able to source PM models never replied. But he might be in India based on the Sanskrit in his signature.
Old 3 December 2023, 12:35 AM   #40
Nico81
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out
Quote:
Originally Posted by askdanny View Post
The poster who says he is able to source PM models never replied. But he might be in India based on the Sanskrit in his signature.

Pm models are going at big discounts in resale.
I source bnib white gold sub from nyc 47th for $36,5

Nico81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2023, 04:08 AM   #41
stickbenz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydav2306 View Post
i can't see rolex ss being ever as widely available as say tudor and i highly doubt rolex would want that?
+1
stickbenz is offline   Reply With Quote