The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 1 January 2024, 11:10 PM   #31
TunaTuna
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogster View Post
Wow you must have quite a collection, nice
TunaTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2024, 12:10 PM   #32
Sauzo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Snoopy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
Lol...silly Omega. VIP is for ROLEX
I’m sure the folks who wear Patek, VC, AP, and Lange and other watch brands that produce only 50-60k a year say the same thing…..silly Rolex….VIP is for ——.

Guess I got lucky, I didn’t spend anywhere near 100k but got my 321 in about 6 months and my Snoopy in about 10 months. With that said, I love my Snoopy.
Sauzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2024, 10:32 PM   #33
zen123
"TRF" Member

When I put my name down on the 50th anniversary Snoopy I wasn't asked for any deposit, I didn't even have any spend history with the OB. They did say it could be a long wait though.

Fast forward 18 months and got an email asking if I was still interested. I said yes and they replied thank you we will be in touch soon.

Another 2 months went by and a lady from the OB called saying that the Snoopy was imminent and if I was serious of buying it to put down 50% deposit. I did and the watch showed up a couple of weeks later.

The Snoopy is still the one and only watch I ever bought from OB and probably will be for the forseable as nothing else in their catalogue interests me.

Not sure if it made any difference but I was wearing my Speedmaster Alaska Project, bought from grey dealer back in 2011, when I first walked into the OB and everyone in there at the time was quite enamoured with it.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk
zen123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2024, 11:25 PM   #34
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogster View Post
There they are
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2024, 07:00 AM   #35
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
I'm not too sure what the OP was expecting. The watch is an anniversary piece that's been out almost 4 years. I doubt Omega is going to produce a 50th anniversary watch indefinitely. Of course Omega isn't going to just come up with an allocation for a guy just now inquiring for a limited production piece that's been out since Oct 2020. Only exception would a true VIP/whale wanting one.
texasmade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2024, 06:15 PM   #36
Singslinger
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
Can you imagine how much unneeded junk you have to buy for 100k.
Agree - it's absurd.

I recently sent a 2009 PO for servicing through an Omega boutique and asked about the Snoopy. The reply was similar to the OP's, though they didn't put an amount of expenditure required to become a VIP customer.
Singslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2024, 02:50 AM   #37
Tqmb79
"TRF" Member

I have the following response from 2 different boutiques in two very different zip codes:

1. If you buy a gold speedy, we can get you the next speedy snoopy we get!
2. Typically we give these to clients who have $60k-100K spend.

So sounds like the minimum cut off is 40K and if you buy a gold speedy you can get a snoopy if you negotiate that upfront (as they are not moving fast). Otherwise buy 3-5 steel watches and you can also get one (3 is what it takes at a minimum and 5 you are good to go!).
Tqmb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2024, 10:13 AM   #38
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
So I guess the oft repeated stories of what good service Omega Boutiques give and how much better than Rolex dealers is no longer true?
I had some really good experiences with the Houston boutique. The manager did the adjustable clasp swap on my 1861 Speedy, did some help on another minor issue, and helped me find an appropriate strap for a friend’s heirloom Omega but I never bought a watch there.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2024, 11:50 AM   #39
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNouveau View Post
So I guess the oft repeated stories of what good service Omega Boutiques give and how much better than Rolex dealers is no longer true?
I had some really good experiences with the Houston boutique. The manager did the adjustable clasp swap on my 1861 Speedy, did some help on another minor issue, and helped me find an appropriate strap for a friend’s heirloom Omega but I never bought a watch there.
Houston boutique is very nice. I go in all the time to get straps and bracelets swapped out. I also got my Snoopy 50th from them without spending $100k. I probably spent about $10,000 over a 10 year period there before getting my Snoopy.
texasmade is online now   Reply With Quote