The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 18 February 2024, 05:23 AM   #1
Power Play
"TRF" Member

Need to replace my 'pearl'

Please help. I've apparently lost the bezel pearl on my SeaDweller Deep Sea. I just had the piece serviced by the RSC about a year ago. Now my local dealer wants to send it back to RSC for 'appraisal,' then replacement of entire bezel etc for about $500 and about 3 month turnaround. Any/all less radical options greatly appreciated!
Power Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2024, 05:25 AM   #2
racerx
"TRF" Member

Maybe contact a watchmaker with a parts account. Rolliworks comes to mind.
racerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2024, 05:42 AM   #3
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Play View Post
Please help. I've apparently lost the bezel pearl on my SeaDweller Deep Sea. I just had the piece serviced by the RSC about a year ago. Now my local dealer wants to send it back to RSC for 'appraisal,' then replacement of entire bezel etc for about $500 and about 3 month turnaround. Any/all less radical options greatly appreciated!
on ceramic inserts Rolex now have a special tool that can just replace the peal.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2024, 05:50 AM   #4
Pepperjack
"TRF" Member

As padi mentioned, the pearl is now a replaceable component; it's just a matter of either finding a watchmaker to do it or sending it to an RSC. The pearls are $24.50 USD if I remember correctly, and labor would probably depend on where you go. I think my Rolex service book says $100 for bezel work, not including cost of components.

I've replaced a fair number of those lumi dots, but some ADs might be reluctant, especially on a Seadweller.
Pepperjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2024, 02:23 PM   #5
CarlOver
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperjack View Post
As padi mentioned, the pearl is now a replaceable component; it's just a matter of either finding a watchmaker to do it or sending it to an RSC. The pearls are $24.50 USD if I remember correctly, and labor would probably depend on where you go. I think my Rolex service book says $100 for bezel work, not including cost of components.

I've replaced a fair number of those lumi dots, but some ADs might be reluctant, especially on a Seadweller.
Can watches be mailed to you for work?
CarlOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2024, 09:53 PM   #6
JSCP
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PM’s/Patek
Call RSC in NYC they will tell you what it cost for the pearl and labor.
DD40 RG/Sundust-Roman;DD40YG/White/Roman;DD40 WG/Olive;Daytona RG;Sub Black YG; Daytona Panda; Celebration 41; GMT-II’s: Left VTNR; GRNR; Batman; SkyDweller SSJubilee/Black; SUB no-date; Oysterquartz SS; DJ SS 36mm’87; Cartier: Roadster YG;Santos YG; Panther YG; Panther SS; Tank’73 YG, Tank must 2023 ;Tank Americaine YG;BulgariBB38mm/YG
JSCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2024, 11:10 PM   #7
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I would send the watch directly to the RSC myself. Get on the phone and call and they will give you an estimate. Ask for the packaging material and they will mail it to you and you can send the watch in yourself. This means they will contact you directly with all information. Three months seems too long for this kind of work but RSC will give you an estimate when you call. Good luck.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2024, 11:16 PM   #8
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
If you can have just the pearl replaced it should be considerably less. Give RSC a call and ask a few questions.
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2024, 11:41 PM   #9
favx
2024 Pledge Member

I think you should make a phone call to the RSC and inquire about the possibility.
favx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2024, 02:20 AM   #10
Pepperjack
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlOver View Post
Can watches be mailed to you for work?
I wish I could accept, but for a number of reasons I must decline. We currently have more work than we can handle, and I'd rather keep this account separate from my workplace.
Pepperjack is offline   Reply With Quote