The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 14 January 2024, 10:55 AM   #151
ndrs63
"TRF" Member

This is how it looks on a 7” wrist. It is incredibly comfortable and light. Unfortunately, not for my budget

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ndrs63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2024, 04:54 AM   #152
charger_vital
"TRF" Member

Watch: LF Sport & Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copasetic View Post
How large does this wear? Larger than the steel Lange Odysseus? Smaller than a 41mm Royal Oak chrono?
Not sure about the Odd. But it fits slightly smaller than the RO Chrono. Much more supple and comfortable on the wrist than the RO, as it does not flair out and has less rigidity (Though the RO is an incredible watch as well).
charger_vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2024, 04:59 AM   #153
Michael1968
Banned

Watch: UN,RolexTudor&more
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndrs63 View Post

This is how it looks on a 7” wrist. It is incredibly comfortable and light. Unfortunately, not for my budget

The dial is very nice
Michael1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2024, 05:50 AM   #154
GST15
"TRF" Member

Watch: CHNR/YM/DJ/OP/SUB
Not a big fan
GST15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2024, 04:31 AM   #155
windingmybusiness
"TRF" Member

It’s been a great daily for me the last couple months. Still honeymooning.
windingmybusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2024, 02:30 PM   #156
Lukla
"TRF" Member

Watch: Breguet
I admire LF history, movement (I understand they out source many of the parts from the bests) and finishing. I have been considering getting a Galet but no the sports model. I just can't get my head around LF making sports model. I am sure it looks nice in person, though.
Lukla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2024, 03:50 PM   #157
charger_vital
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukla View Post
I admire LF history, movement (I understand they out source many of the parts from the bests) and finishing. I have been considering getting a Galet but no the sports model. I just can't get my head around LF making sports model. I am sure it looks nice in person, though.
You might consider a couple things when looking at LF as a sports watch:

1) I imagine people found it out of character when Patek and AP (historically dress watch brands) introduced sports watches in the 1970s. But those models have obviously grown to define their own category as well define the houses they represent, to a large extent. Why can't LF redefine itself too?

2) The LF Sport is built like an actual sports watch... not just a clever design du jour or marketing scheme that tries to pass off a dress watch as something more sporty. The water rating is 120m, it's built from light/strong titanium, it has crazy lume and lots of it, and it uses a very durable movement with swiss escapement so that you can bang around.

I took mine on a sailing trip across the Atlantic last month. It did a great job!
Old 17 January 2024, 08:41 PM   #158
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charger_vital View Post
You might consider a couple things when looking at LF as a sports watch:

1) I imagine people found it out of character when Patek and AP (historically dress watch brands) introduced sports watches in the 1970s. But those models have obviously grown to define their own category as well define the houses they represent, to a large extent. Why can't LF redefine itself too?

2) The LF Sport is built like an actual sports watch... not just a clever design du jour or marketing scheme that tries to pass off a dress watch as something more sporty. The water rating is 120m, it's built from light/strong titanium, it has crazy lume and lots of it, and it uses a very durable movement with swiss escapement so that you can bang around.

I took mine on a sailing trip across the Atlantic last month. It did a great job!
Yep. Considering that Patek, VC, Audemars, JLC, Breguet et al, support the fine horology side of their business with their sport models, it's not so much of a stretch.

Last edited by cascavel; 17 January 2024 at 08:41 PM.. Reason: Spelling.
cascavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2024, 11:13 PM   #159
NardinNut
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Hey all, I want to get some owners perspective. I’ve loved the Sport Auto since its release. It’s my favorite of the 70s integrated bracelet designs out there. Unfortunately I don’t have an opportunity to try one on in person. I’m thinking of selling my PP 5167a to buy a pre-owned Sport Auto.

I’ve always felt the 5167a is an amazing GADA watch. It’s light, comfortable, versatile, has the WR, and has a beautiful dial. It’s classy and prestigious, but still flies under the radar. Also a bonus that it’s an absolute strap monster. What I’m hung up on is the secondhand value. I paid retail for mine in 2021, which was a huge score for me. With secondhand prices where they are on the 5167a I feel it makes more sense to sell it and be able to pick up a much higher level watch at a fraction of the (my out of pocket) cost.

So, my questions to Sport Auto owners: do you feel the same about the Sport Auto as a GADA watch like I mentioned about the 5167a? If you had to choose between a 5167a and the Sport Auto, which would win?
NardinNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2024, 11:50 PM   #160
charger_vital
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NardinNut View Post
Hey all, I want to get some owners perspective. I’ve loved the Sport Auto since its release. It’s my favorite of the 70s integrated bracelet designs out there. Unfortunately I don’t have an opportunity to try one on in person. I’m thinking of selling my PP 5167a to buy a pre-owned Sport Auto.

I’ve always felt the 5167a is an amazing GADA watch. It’s light, comfortable, versatile, has the WR, and has a beautiful dial. It’s classy and prestigious, but still flies under the radar. Also a bonus that it’s an absolute strap monster. What I’m hung up on is the secondhand value. I paid retail for mine in 2021, which was a huge score for me. With secondhand prices where they are on the 5167a I feel it makes more sense to sell it and be able to pick up a much higher level watch at a fraction of the (my out of pocket) cost.

So, my questions to Sport Auto owners: do you feel the same about the Sport Auto as a GADA watch like I mentioned about the 5167a? If you had to choose between a 5167a and the Sport Auto, which would win?

I bought the Sport Auto over the other players like the Royal Oak or Nautilus because I just liked the Sport Auto better. And I did have the opportunity to get any time only integrated sport watch I wanted (they were all roughly the same price point when I had initially put down my deposit), so it was a conscious choice. I find it to be the best looking of the bunch. And I’m still very happy with the decision.

I went into AP the other day and tried on the 15450 RO. For me, they aren’t really comparable. LF is objectively better in my subjective opinion. Ha. In fact, I think the Czapek Antartique is a superior watch to the 15450 RO… but I digress.

Staying with comparisons: I would rate the Sport Auto and the nautilus similarly. I would give the edge to the nautilus for visual effect on the bracelet over the Sport Auto (or any other watch for that matter because it is the best overall bracelet), but I like the dial and the overall supple shape of the case and dial/hands on the Sport Auto over the nautilus. For me, the Sport Auto gets a slight edge over the nautilus for those reasons. (Reserve for the 5990, which is my current grain… but not really a time only so not a fair comparison).

As for the Aquanaut I like it as a secondary watch. And it probably has more cache than most other watches. But it’s not on the same category for me as it’s not integrated.

Generally, I find LF watches to be beautiful, unique, and rare. The Sport Auto takes it up a level. It wears very thin and light (titanium). It’s perfectly finished and yet practical and durable enough for an everyday watch. The dial changes in every shade and color of light, from vibrant blue to matte blueish black. The lune is insane.

The general public will never look twice at it, but people who are into watches comment on it all the time.

The only downside is that they haven’t come out with a rubber strap for it yet. But LF has told me that they are working on one and it will be available at some point (hopefully this year or early next).

I can recommend it as a fantastic timepiece worthy of investment. Hope this helps.

Old 15 March 2024, 02:18 PM   #161
NardinNut
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charger_vital View Post
I bought the Sport Auto over the other players like the Royal Oak or Nautilus because I just liked the Sport Auto better. And I did have the opportunity to get any time only integrated sport watch I wanted (they were all roughly the same price point when I had initially put down my deposit), so it was a conscious choice. I find it to be the best looking of the bunch. And I’m still very happy with the decision.

I went into AP the other day and tried on the 15450 RO. For me, they aren’t really comparable. LF is objectively better in my subjective opinion. Ha. In fact, I think the Czapek Antartique is a superior watch to the 15450 RO… but I digress.

Staying with comparisons: I would rate the Sport Auto and the nautilus similarly. I would give the edge to the nautilus for visual effect on the bracelet over the Sport Auto (or any other watch for that matter because it is the best overall bracelet), but I like the dial and the overall supple shape of the case and dial/hands on the Sport Auto over the nautilus. For me, the Sport Auto gets a slight edge over the nautilus for those reasons. (Reserve for the 5990, which is my current grain… but not really a time only so not a fair comparison).

As for the Aquanaut I like it as a secondary watch. And it probably has more cache than most other watches. But it’s not on the same category for me as it’s not integrated.

Generally, I find LF watches to be beautiful, unique, and rare. The Sport Auto takes it up a level. It wears very thin and light (titanium). It’s perfectly finished and yet practical and durable enough for an everyday watch. The dial changes in every shade and color of light, from vibrant blue to matte blueish black. The lune is insane.

The general public will never look twice at it, but people who are into watches comment on it all the time.

The only downside is that they haven’t come out with a rubber strap for it yet. But LF has told me that they are working on one and it will be available at some point (hopefully this year or early next).

I can recommend it as a fantastic timepiece worthy of investment. Hope this helps.

Thank you for the insight! I agree that, for me, it’s the best looking of the integrated bracelet watches. I also like that it flies under the radar.
NardinNut is offline   Reply With Quote