The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5 May 2024, 12:44 AM   #10
JMGoodnight369
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codecow View Post
Agreed.

I have chimed in on some of those threads in the past. Everyone has a phone in their pocket and it’s simple to get an atomic clock sync app so you have perfectly accurate time always unless you lose internet access.

I use such an app to set a watch when I pick it up to wear it. If it’s not losing minutes over a few days (ex time is off from phone such that I notice) then the watch is working. If it is off, it’s broken.

If the power reserve is such it can’t keep power when wound each day, then it’s broken.

All this other stuff is dumb. If accuracy is important there are MANY MANY better choices than traditional mechanical watches.
Here’s the thing. Part of the reason I have paid tens of thousands of dollars for Rolex watches it the advertised accuracy AS well as the expectations that watch hold the advertised accuracy for longer than a few months or a couple years. Why is this such a touchy subject for people in this forum? IF YoU WaNT AcCURaCY GET a QUArTZ. Nah fam if I pay almost 12 grand for a watch that comes with a tag that clearly states +2/-2 seconds per day for at least 5 years and I have personally had 2 of those watches go wayyyyy out of those specs within months then I have every right to be upset and want some sort of explanation. It would just be real nice to have a constructive conversation about it. Do I think soaking a watch in hot water is gonna fix it? Of course not. BUT that could have information in there to point in the right direction of figuring out why some of these movements (not all of them) do not run right. It’s a pain dealing with it. You get excited about a watch and then you have to let it go for weeks or months to get it fixed hoping that it holds time past the warranty because it’s messed up to pay $900 to service a watch that was a dud from the beginning.