The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 14 May 2024, 11:06 AM   #511
Bmats
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Got the lighter brown strap. Works better and love it with the dial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bmats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2024, 11:42 AM   #512
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmats View Post

Very nice.
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2024, 02:48 PM   #513
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

The H. Moser Thread

Quote:

Looks great. How is it keeping time? My Pioneer with the HMC 200 movement is just over +6 seconds per day.

usmc_k9_vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2024, 02:58 PM   #514
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
double balance hairspring should become standard in as many movements as possible imho, unless something even tweakier is used. Time for H. Moser to flex. :)

That would be sweet. I really want this Endeavour. I love the dial combined with the plum seconds hand and I love the gold rotor combined with the blued balance bridge on the backside. Such a nice and unique 40mm package. Would go very well with my Pioneer Mega Cool and Streamliner salmon dial (which I’m getting sized and will wear for the first time tomorrow).

Old 15 May 2024, 06:36 AM   #515
Bmats

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc_k9_vet View Post
Looks great. How is it keeping time? My Pioneer with the HMC 200 movement is just over +6 seconds per day.

I haven’t kept track close enough but about 5 a day seems right. When I’ve worn it for close to a week it seems like it can be off 20 seconds or so from my iPhone. But it’s a bit inconsistent. That said, I rotate watches a lot so I’m more likely to pull something else out than notice any real deviation in time.

Old 15 May 2024, 06:38 AM   #516
Bmats

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc_k9_vet View Post
That would be sweet. I really want this Endeavour. I love the dial combined with the plum seconds hand and I love the gold rotor combined with the blued balance bridge on the backside. Such a nice and unique 40mm package. Would go very well with my Pioneer Mega Cool and Streamliner salmon dial (which I’m getting sized and will wear for the first time tomorrow).

I love the dial but the grey strap doesn’t do it for me and I’m not creative enough to think of what would be a strap color that would really work well with the dial.

Old 15 May 2024, 11:25 PM   #517
Golden Palomino
"TRF" Member

Both green and purple! Wasn’t expecting twins. But it’s a good thing imo. With lacquer text and very handsome aesthetically updated movement.

Important question - how redundant is it to have both purple center and blue small seconds? If only one, how do y’all lean?
Expecting to get the blue this year, really dig the dial and the micro rotor. But purple is badass, that’s just science.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Golden Palomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2024, 11:29 PM   #518
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Voutilainen (2030)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Palomino View Post
Both green and purple! Wasn’t expecting twins. But it’s a good thing imo. With lacquer text and very handsome aesthetically updated movement.

Important question - how redundant is it to have both purple center and blue small seconds? If only one, how do y’all lean?
Expecting to get the blue this year, really dig the dial and the micro rotor. But purple is badass, that’s just science.

Ok I am gonna try and get that purple dial. That’s exactly what I was hoping for form Moser. Looks fun.
FrugalGreubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2024, 11:33 PM   #519
Golden Palomino
"TRF" Member

The updated movement -

Old 15 May 2024, 11:50 PM   #520
Loosetoe
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I would lean towards the blue small seconds. I have had the green for a few years now. I was offered the blue late last year, but I eventually turned it down due to redundancy. I sometimes regret that for a few reasons.
1. I think the 39mm size and thinner case would be nicer. I am confused that they seem to have done only one iteration in that case and then returned to the 40mm variation.
2. I like the movement better. the 500 has more of a laurent ferrier feel to it than the 201 does. I just like the look of it. The 201 does look more handsome than the 200 though.
3. Blue is a MUCH easier color to match to an outfit than green or purple. My opportunities to wear the green are somewhat limited as I just do not have enough wardrobe in that spectrum. I tend to match footwear and belt to my watch. Barring that I match it to another piece of clothing. Green is limited, purple moreso. Blue is rather common. If you disagree with this methodology, fine. Dont get me wrong; I do have purple, red, green, yellow, pink, aqua, and orange watches....they just get more limited wrist time than the black, white, blue, silver variants.
Loosetoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2024, 01:23 AM   #521
Golden Palomino
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosetoe View Post
I would lean towards the blue small seconds. I have had the green for a few years now. I was offered the blue late last year, but I eventually turned it down due to redundancy. I sometimes regret that for a few reasons.
1. I think the 39mm size and thinner case would be nicer. I am confused that they seem to have done only one iteration in that case and then returned to the 40mm variation.
2. I like the movement better. the 500 has more of a laurent ferrier feel to it than the 201 does. I just like the look of it. The 201 does look more handsome than the 200 though.
3. Blue is a MUCH easier color to match to an outfit than green or purple. My opportunities to wear the green are somewhat limited as I just do not have enough wardrobe in that spectrum. I tend to match footwear and belt to my watch. Barring that I match it to another piece of clothing. Green is limited, purple moreso. Blue is rather common. If you disagree with this methodology, fine. Dont get me wrong; I do have purple, red, green, yellow, pink, aqua, and orange watches....they just get more limited wrist time than the black, white, blue, silver variants.

Thanks for your thoughts! I agree entirely with your first 2 points, although I haven’t yet tried on the 39mm. I have seen it up close, and I’ll add that the grand feu enamel textured dial is a really nice touch. Are the revised dimensions, HMC-500, plus enamel dial worth 8k CHF? It’s meaningful money but not mega crazy (I claim).

When you say you sometimes regret not getting the blue, do you imagine keeping both in that case, or would you only keep the small seconds?

In case collection context matters, my current watch box houses (as current keepers) a 16710, gold sub, platinum DD40, and the titanium pioneer 40mm with the rotating bezel from govberg. Not planning to ever own more than 6 or 7 max.

Old 16 May 2024, 01:27 AM   #522
Golden Palomino
"TRF" Member

And to follow up on point 3, my wardrobe requirements are a lot more open than most, I’m lucky to be able to make purple and green work for me in my work and personal attire and do it all the time. Admittedly, my watches trend heavily blue, but it’s a wide variety of blue even if I include the small seconds.

Old 16 May 2024, 03:17 AM   #523
Loosetoe
"TRF" Member

The H. Moser Thread

Quote:

When you say you sometimes regret not getting the blue, do you imagine keeping both in that case, or would you only keep the small seconds?

Not planning to ever own more than 6 or 7 max.

I would likely have kept both the green and the blue. I don’t really trade watches like most folks.

My decision came down to the fact that I had wanted A Lange 1 moonphase for a LONG time and I had been putting it off since I kept acquiring other watches. When the decision came for the blue small seconds I realized I would rather put the money towards the L1. The small seconds is a HUGE premium over the center seconds and I figured I would rather have the variety rather than the redundancy. It’s roughly $24k USD for a center seconds vs $33k for a small seconds. Maybe it is justifiable, but it was not in my circumstance.

And I wish you well with plans to limit your collection. Time makes fools of us all…me especially

Loosetoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2024, 03:23 AM   #524
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Love the purple. Have a feeling it'll be in my collection at some point. Am waiting on a few items right now.... Well played H. Moser

PS: i modded my message above.

open image in new tab to see large version.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2024, 03:26 AM   #525
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Well... this is might be a bank-draining day.... Love the purple.
Same. I’m definitely gonna get one if I can.
Old 16 May 2024, 04:12 AM   #526
ChetBaker
"TRF" Member

That purple is one sexy watch.
ChetBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2024, 05:35 AM   #527
salnuaimi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salnuaimi View Post
Purple streamliner coming up guys

Get in

salnuaimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2024, 05:47 AM   #528
tigerpac
"TRF" Member

Nice pair that would be fine additions to any collection but it's still the enamel blue small seconds for me.
tigerpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2024, 11:11 AM   #529
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

I reached out to a local AD and I’m on the waitlist for the purple one. Anyone know if these are gonna be limited production like the Salmon or they’ll be around for a while?
Old 16 May 2024, 12:31 PM   #530
Golden Palomino
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalGreubel View Post
I reached out to a local AD and I’m on the waitlist for the purple one. Anyone know if these are gonna be limited production like the Salmon or they’ll be around for a while?
Don’t know but I expect they’re just gonna crank them out (in very rare volume) til they don’t. Perhaps just as interesting is how they ratio the colors. And how the ratio evolves (or doesnt) as the good people at H Moser observe the relative level of interest
Old 16 May 2024, 01:26 PM   #531
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Don’t know but I expect they’re just gonna crank them out (in very rare volume) til they don’t. Perhaps just as interesting is how they ratio the colors. And how the ratio evolves (or doesnt) as the good people at H Moser observe the relative level of interest
Yea that sounds about right. I’m hopeful I’ll be able to grab one but I guess I’ll just have to wait and see.

I’m also very curious how things will go with future dial colors. I feel like there’s been so many announcements from Moser recently. I’m curious if they plan to slow it down a little or keep the same pace going forward.
Old 16 May 2024, 01:41 PM   #532
MP777
"TRF" Member

I remember a couple of years ago the CEO sent my AD a message that they are ending production of the green Streamliner to help maintain secondary resale prices.

At the peak of the market they tried to drive artificial scarcity.
Now that sales have slowed, they are bringing back their one cash cow.
MP777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2024, 08:13 PM   #533
Yobrooks
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP
Fits great, the dual is sublime, multiple textures that feed off differently with the available light.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
Yobrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2024, 10:47 PM   #534
Bmats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobrooks View Post
Fits great, the dual is sublime, multiple textures that feed off differently with the available light.

Wow, did you get one? Impatiently waiting. I think it’s the best looking streamliner, although I get that it’s all subjective. I’m just hoping by the time my name comes around there’s not something else…
Old 17 May 2024, 08:08 PM   #535
Yobrooks
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP
Quote:
Wow, did you get one? Impatiently waiting. I think it’s the best looking streamliner, although I get that it’s all subjective. I’m just hoping by the time my name comes around there’s not something else…
I was able to try it on at an event. Imo the best looking streamliner. Patiently waiting as well. Enjoy... eventually. )

Yobrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2024, 04:02 AM   #536
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobrooks View Post
I was able to try it on at an event. Imo the best looking streamliner. Patiently waiting as well. Enjoy... eventually. )

I must say that it is also nice for a lot of people that it is 1mm smaller in diameter (39mm) from the “normal” Streamliner and also a bit thinner. Not that the “normal” Streamliner Centre Seconds is a big, thick watch, but I think a lot of people will appreciate the 39mm case diameter.

The movement is also pretty awesome to look at with the platinum micro rotor.

Old 18 May 2024, 07:50 AM   #537
Bazil
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Nicknames �
Not a brand I can say I’ve heard of but I really like what I see ,,

Some people cause happiness wherever they go ; and others whenever they go ..
Bazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2024, 09:53 AM   #538
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazil View Post
Not a brand I can say I’ve heard of but I really like what I see ,,
Well then.....

bd1.jpg
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2024, 07:47 PM   #539
btwistround
"TRF" Member

popped into Watches of Switzerland over the weekend in Manchester, UK as I walked past and spotted they had H Moser.

When they first launched they grabbed my eye, but slowly drifted off my radar as Harrods was the only place in the UK stocking them.

The Streamliner perpetual calendar was a silky, sexy beast. Knew they were going to get the big boy out the window for me to try on. Didn't get pics. But felt so soft and luscious. Wears smaller than size.

Slowly being converted to them now.
btwistround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2024, 08:56 PM   #540
IGY
"TRF" Member

Love the cal 201. Even better than the already attractive cal 200.

Does anyone else here agree with my opinion that the Streamliner and Pioneers would look better with the simple and elegant "H Moser et Cie" script in a contrasting colour rather than clear lacquer? (I'm not asking for five lines of Superlative Chronometer waffle like on many Rolexes). I understand the CEOs opinion that the quality of the watch speaks for itself, but the script seems to add charm to an otherwise quite clinical dial, all the fume and sunburst effects notwithstanding. I just think it would be better to offer choices both with clear and contrasting options to appeal to more collectors. And it would make it look a bit less mall watch. (I appreciate that some Moser owners will be unhappy about that phrase, and I know the watches are anything but mall watches once you look more closely at them.)
IGY is offline   Reply With Quote