The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 1 December 2009, 07:33 AM   #1
AllanChasse
"TRF" Member

Where to buy a SS Daytona?

With all the talk about buying a Daytona, can anyone tell me where to buy a Stainless Steel Daytona with a Black face? In the Bay Area, as well as in the Chicago area my buddy and I have yet to find one for purchase, although I was told today by a non-AD that they could order me one for $14k, no thank you. Can I defer to you guys for some local knowledge/and or advice?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Kindly,

Allan
AllanChasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2009, 07:37 AM   #2
rolex16
Banned

I think a lot of ADs tell you they don't have them because they are saving them for preferred clients. That's what I ran up against. I suggest contacting a well known seller from this forum and saving yourself some cash in the process. That's what I did just a few weeks ago.
rolex16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2009, 09:44 AM   #3
997Opus

Watch: SS Daytona
Best of luck. It took me 15 years of searching to find an AD that had one in stock and would sell me a SS Daytona. Very difficult to find and purchase if you are not famous or a multi-millionaire. Don't give up, anything is possible. You just have to be in the right place at the right time. Best of luck.....
997Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2009, 10:32 AM   #4
sleddog
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanChasse View Post
With all the talk about buying a Daytona, can anyone tell me where to buy a Stainless Steel Daytona with a Black face? In the Bay Area, as well as in the Chicago area my buddy and I have yet to find one for purchase, although I was told today by a non-AD that they could order me one for $14k, no thank you. Can I defer to you guys for some local knowledge/and or advice?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Kindly,

Allan
Allan,From San Fran take a quick trip to Vancouver Canada and you'll find Daytona's in almost any AD.....At least here in Alberta anyway!!!! My AD here always has them in the display case!!!

TRF's "After Dark" Bar & Nightclub Patron-Founding Member..

Last edited by sleddog; 1 December 2009 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: Spelling.
sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2009, 10:32 AM   #5
ducatidoc
"TRF" Member

Watch: zenith
There are several very good sellers that regularly list here on TRF whose reputations are impeccable. Just take a quick read-through of the "Who's who ?" section. SS Daytona should be obtainable for well under $10k.

# 26371
NAWCC Member
ducatidoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2009, 05:15 PM   #6
AllanChasse
"TRF" Member

Thanks for all the replies. The forum is great, which is a true understatement.
AllanChasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2009, 05:25 PM   #7
hng
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sports Rolex
strange, there are plenty here in jakarta...
Old 14 December 2009, 05:43 AM   #8
DS_Obsessed
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116660 V
I was in Stonebriar Mall in Dallas Texas yesterday and asked the SA at Ben Bridge if they had any SS Daytona's available. I was told that none were in stock. I noticed that they had a couple tt Daytona's and asked if any YG or WG were available. At that point the SA told me that he had some a SS Daytona available and if I was willing to purchase some diamonds for my wife (at least a $8,000 purchase) he would make the Daytona available.

Is this common? Are WG held to the same standards, I couldn't get him to answer on the WG. Anyone in the Dallas area have any suggestions? I'm not total sold on the Daytona, I'll probably pick up a DeepSea. But did want to see a SS in person and try it on, just to be 100% sure.
DS_Obsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2009, 05:58 AM   #9
turboBB
"TRF" Member

Watch: ama call it?
There's one on the sales corner of TRF right now by a highly regarded seller. Best of luck in your search.
turboBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2009, 06:00 AM   #10
JP500
"TRF" Member

Allan,

I can put you in touch with a reputable dealer (non AD) who has two white dialed stainless daytonas... Both are V serial (2009.)

One is new condition, the other is brand new never worn. Warranty cards, boxes, tags, books, stickers

I've purchased from him and he's legit and has two storefronts he operates out of.

PM me if you're interested.

I have no affiliation with the seller, just trying to help you out.
JP500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2009, 06:10 AM   #11
JP500
"TRF" Member

One more thing -- not to hijack but I have NEVER understood why people pay MORE for the SS than the two tone Daytona-- especially considering that gold is at a very high price.
JP500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2009, 07:37 AM   #12
onkyo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP500 View Post
One more thing -- not to hijack but I have NEVER understood why people pay MORE for the SS than the two tone Daytona-- especially considering that gold is at a very high price.
I would say relative rareness (less nowadays) and appearance ... SS > TT any day of the week.
onkyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2010, 08:11 AM   #13
sond86
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
I seen one once in the Bay area right in the outer display window showcase at an AD in Fremont. So i went in and found it was the previous M serial number but listed at the current list price. Shoot I'm now feelign better I didn't hesitate to go buy mine when my AD called last year after 12 year of asking to get one.
sond86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2010, 03:08 PM   #14
bt8897
"TRF" Member

Allan,

I have purchased two from my local authorized dealer both a black and white dial. I guess its sometimes its lucky to live in rual areas. I will check with him and if he has one I can put you in touch with him directly.

Brian
bt8897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2010, 08:44 PM   #15
Alcan
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your P's & Q's
Thngs must be different here in Canada. Last month my AD had a black SS Daytona in the showcase, yesterday I saw a white one there, both at MSRP.
Member #1,315

I don't want to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol IS a solution!
Alcan is offline   Reply With Quote