The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 March 2010, 01:46 PM   #61
shandy
Banned

Hey Bill, in my experience the three here are all polite. Personally Brinkhaus is my favorite though. Just be honest with them and you will get what you need, oh yes, I do not think any of them care what you wear as I have friends who have dropped small fortunes in various ones here and they just wear jeans and Tshirts.
Vancouver is a casual city, they would loose a lot of sales if everyone had to wear a straight jacket..Oops I mean suite to make them look like they could afford the watch! I saw a young woman who must have been no more than 18 purchasing a solid Gold Cartier yesterday in the Oakridge Montecristo, that watch must have been $30,000 and she was very casually dressed!
shandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2010, 02:05 PM   #62
HFLO
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1803 DD
Hi, bill:
I know how you felt as I had similar experience. wth very 'causal' wear, I dropped by a Rolex AD, while enjoying the pieces, the sales guy came by and ... suck!

Friendly, I feel some the TRF offer here are much better than those in that AD, where I guess many could have sit there for years (I am from a small town in Malaysia).

I am still looking for my first rolex and trust me, I will wear it into that AD shop and how I wish I can then take a picture of that salesman when he saw mine, and post his reaction here.

Let's move on, and I am sure you (we) will soon find our first Rolex.
HFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2010, 02:08 PM   #63
sevykor
"TRF" Member

If the AD sales staff is intimidating or judges you based on your clothes/look, you can tell them they are likely to starve in their profession. I would not even bother explaining why to them, just let the statement irritate them the rest of the day :)
sevykor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2010, 02:13 PM   #64
sonikbyte

Watch: Rolex Submariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by HFLO View Post
Hi, bill:
I know how you felt as I had similar experience. wth very 'causal' wear, I dropped by a Rolex AD, while enjoying the pieces, the sales guy came by and ... suck!

Friendly, I feel some the TRF offer here are much better than those in that AD, where I guess many could have sit there for years (I am from a small town in Malaysia).

I am still looking for my first rolex and trust me, I will wear it into that AD shop and how I wish I can then take a picture of that salesman when he saw mine, and post his reaction here.

Hmmm go KL buy?
sonikbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2010, 02:14 PM   #65
keschete
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
i find the thought of going into an AD intimidating, like im moving up the class ladder. i don't dress (most of the time) like i belong in there and the security guard and 'posh' salesman mentally bother me. i live in vancouver close to 3 AD's and can't get the courage to go inside... now im an AD stalker/lurker. anyways has anyone gone to a vancouver shop and would recommend a salesman? looking at the explorer btw

bill
ps first post
Bill, as far as I see it. They are there to sell watches. You could look like the biggest bum and still have 10k hanging out in your pocket.

I actually use the I am not dressed fancy "factor" when I go to a new store, AD, car dealer, to see how they treat me.

Just because you LOOK a certain way, sholuld not change how you are treated. It is not a good AD who just looks at you and determines what you can buy. All customers should be treated as potential buyer! Just my 2 cents.
Old 20 March 2010, 02:31 PM   #66
chrislkb
"TRF" Member

Watch: out kiddo!
Icon6

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
i find the thought of going into an AD intimidating, like im moving up the class ladder. i don't dress (most of the time) like i belong in there and the security guard and 'posh' salesman mentally bother me. i live in vancouver close to 3 AD's and can't get the courage to go inside... now im an AD stalker/lurker. anyways has anyone gone to a vancouver shop and would recommend a salesman? looking at the explorer btw

bill
ps first post
Never get them to intimidate you especially the new snooty sales in crisp suits / skirts. I will just walk out as they are losing their comission - their loss!

4 years ago, I walked in a Tiffany & Co store to purchase an engagement ring for my wife to be in bermudas, t-shirt & knapsack. The gentleman treats me like a VIP and that shows professionalism!
Old 20 March 2010, 02:39 PM   #67
stusrt
"TRF" Member

Watch: too many
i bought my last rolex rolling in there on my harley - wearing my MC's colors -
looked like i was going to rob the place.

But he knows I buy, and pay cash - and that is all my AD cares about.
stusrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2010, 02:40 PM   #68
chrislkb
"TRF" Member

Watch: out kiddo!
Icon6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFLO View Post
Hi, bill:

Hey bro, my homestate is from Msia too and bought the ring from KLCC - the salespeople are nice to me. Let's not stereotype the ppl but I feel you. Most of them sucks!
Old 20 March 2010, 02:44 PM   #69
HFLO
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1803 DD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonikbyte View Post
Hmmm go KL buy?
Ha ha ha ! I will be there next week, but I feel TRF offer are much better
HFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2010, 02:48 PM   #70
GerardoG
Banned

Watch: ALL of them
ALWAYS remember the golden rule: he (she) who has the gold MAKES the rules!!!!! Your money, your game!!!
GerardoG is offline   Reply With Quote