The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 August 2010, 04:39 PM   #31
keigorjai

Watch: 16610 LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLEXUS View Post
Yes, I have purchased a Rolex in Athens at the above mentioned discount. Once you do the maths the overall discount is ~30% off list.

From memory rrp on GMT2c is 5500 euro, Sub (old) 4800 euro, Sub LV (old) 5150 euro, Milgauss GV 5800 euro before discounts/tax refund.
The old Sub LV cost 3605 Euro sounds expensive to me.
keigorjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2010, 04:45 PM   #32
keigorjai

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknor View Post
An example from Norway:

Brand new GMT 116710LN from AD:
50400 NOK (list price)
25,00% VAT
40320 NET
6,17 USD/NOK
6534,85 USD excl VAT
50400 NOK (list price)
25,00% VAT
Total: Kr 34,600

Sounds very good to me. But people can earn 25% VAT in Norway? If you do not mind. May I have the contact (e-mail or website) of your AD? I really want to do some research before I travel to Europe.
Old 20 August 2010, 05:09 PM   #33
multimedia
"TRF" Member

I don't think you can claim all the VAT (=25%) when leaving Norway, because everywhere else in Europe, you only get back a certain portion of the VAT (like in Sweden where you would also pay 25% in VAT, you would get back aprox. 15-17%)

At the end of the day, I really do think that it's the current valuation of the currency you will use, that will be the deal breaker here.

Cheers,
Joe
Old 20 August 2010, 05:26 PM   #34
ROLEXUS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keigorjai View Post
The old Sub LV cost 3605 Euro sounds expensive to me.
That's roughly $4600 USD for a bnib Sub LV from an AD.. seems prettty cheap to me. I'd like to know where you can get a better price than that...
ROLEXUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2010, 10:34 PM   #35
keigorjai

Quote:
That's roughly $4600 USD for a bnib Sub LV from an AD.. seems prettty cheap to me. I'd like to know where you can get a better price than that...
One of my friend bought a Brand New 16610 LV 9 months ago in Denmark for DKK 28,000. That's why I said USD $4600 for a used Sub LV is kind of expensive.
Old 22 August 2010, 12:33 AM   #36
praha335ci
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT2C;TT Daytona
Quote:
Yes, I have purchased a Rolex in Athens at the above mentioned discount. Once you do the maths the overall discount is ~30% off list.

From memory rrp on GMT2c is 5500 euro, Sub (old) 4800 euro, Sub LV (old) 5150 euro, Milgauss GV 5800 euro before discounts/tax refund.
Rolexus,

Do you recommend any AD's or have their addresses in Athens?

I might be going there next year and the pricing for a SS GMT2 C is very tempting. It costs around A$9600 over here in Perth. With discounts, exchange rates and VAT refunds its around 3800 Euros or around A$5800 which makes it very affordable .
praha335ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2010, 01:02 AM   #37
kelly23
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto View Post
I used to think Singapore consistently had the best prices when looking at a purchase after a US dollar to Singapore dollar conversion. Then Japan seemed to take the lead. Now, in Japan, the prices are incredibly low if you start out with yen, but about average if you're converting from US dollars into yen to make the buy. If you start with yen with no conversion, prices have dropped dramatically on certain models, such as the SS Daytona, in the last year.
Just got back from Singapore thinking of picking up a bargain and I don't know what's happened there but their prices have gone way up...(talking preowned here) and not the bargain place they used to be.

K
kelly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2010, 01:08 AM   #38
SSSS
"TRF" Member

Taipei

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 Turbo View Post
Talking retail? I purchased two Rolex watches in Taipei about 12 months ago, one for myself and another for a colleague, daughter's graduation. I had another colleague in HK compare the prices, Taipei was marginally cheaper than HK.

Currency fluctuations can have a effect, I saved considerably over the 6 weeks I was working in Taipei, with the AUS$ strengthening slightly against both the US and TND at the time. This at the time saved me just under $500 AUS, on the price in Taipei.
Is there any tax/tax refund when purchasing in Taipei? Which watches did you purchase and what kind of discounting do they do on the SS professional models?
SSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2010, 09:50 PM   #39
nejo

Hi guys,

Might be traveling to Thessaloniki this coming weeked, and I was thinking about getting a Sub TT C while there.

Any Greek members who can tell me how much I would have to pay for one (the blue one) 116613 ? And which store that sells them ?

Thanks
nejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2010, 10:43 PM   #40
ROLEXUS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keigorjai View Post
One of my friend bought a Brand New 16610 LV 9 months ago in Denmark for DKK 28,000. That's why I said USD $4600 for a used Sub LV is kind of expensive.
It's not used, when I said 'old' i'm referring to the old model 16610 LV not the new ceramic bezel. Works out about $100USD more than your friends. Was theirs from an AD or grey market??
ROLEXUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2010, 02:59 AM   #41
keigorjai

I see, if it's brand new. It's a good deal then. My friend wasn't bought in a grey market.
Old 17 April 2011, 04:22 PM   #42
ssmui
"TRF" Member

My local AD in Malaysia quoted me the TT Sub 116613 for RM36200 (USD11868)with a 10% discount.

Is that price high ?

I am going to buy that watch this coming week.
ssmui is offline   Reply With Quote