The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 4 January 2015, 07:11 PM   #31
toomuchtalk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zama View Post
Your best post since we all thought you were a troll with your stories of Antarctica, before your barrage of photos that shut us all up.

I hear they will discontinue the Nautilus as well......... By the way I hope they do discontinue it as my Aquanaut would go up in value.
toomuchtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2015, 07:12 PM   #32
toomuchtalk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedeep View Post
5167A not on AD's list of discontinued references. Ladies Aquanaut 5067 is discontinued. Men's Nautilus 5713/1G is discontinued as is Nautilus 5712 GR if memory serves me. Also a couple of PCs and several allocation pieces.
Yes, I know- apparently AD s not been informed yet.
Old 5 January 2015, 02:25 PM   #33
Time Exposure
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5980/1A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimmer2 View Post
I've been a diehard Daytona guy for over 20 years and still love them. I have every Daytona I've ever purchased (always new from an AD) save for a yellow gold / croc strap which I traded out of last fall.

I got the itch/bug or impulse to finally step up to an Audemars after eyeing them in Europe (never have seen an American wearing an Audemars here or there) and when I first started wearing the 41mm Chrono last fall, it wore REALLY big and all the shiny bits only made it seem bigger. It is very comfortable and I LOVE the look of it. The blue face on mine, REALLY sets it off and that is what seems to catch some people's eye. I got another very special Audemars while I was still weak and still in love.

Now, carrying the watch bug in me, I started looking at the PP and found 5167a from an AD in FL and scooped it up straight away. Man, it wears SMALL compared tot he 41mm Chrono! It's very light, thin and so practical, especially with the rubber band, it's now my EVERYDAY wear (I don't work out of an office and no clients so, I'm in short pants and flip flops all day so very casual. The PP gets more notice out and about than my Audemars which I thought would the shiny eye catcher. It wears smaller than the Daytona but, that could be because of the shiny metal bracelet on the Rolex or maybe the black face on the PP.

Either way, this thing keeps groing on me!

Funny...
I went to a 5167 after owning a Daytona (traded it for the PP). I kept trying to convince myself the 5167 was "all that," but it really wasn't for me. Both on the table (Aquanaut and Daytona) I'm taking the Daytona.
I traded the 5167 with a Calatrava for a Nautilus chrono 5980, and so the Daytona is back on my want list waiting for the financial green light. So is the AP ROC.
Glad you love yours, as most owners do. My experience was definitely more the exception than the rule.
Time Exposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2015, 03:55 PM   #34
mikeceee
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP,Patek,Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by zama View Post
Your best post since we all thought you were a troll with your stories of Antarctica, before your barrage of photos that shut us all up.

I hear they will discontinue the Nautilus as well......... By the way I hope they do discontinue it as my Aquanaut would go up in value.
Oh, the irony if he is right on this too. I read that thread and man talk about a turn around

I was positive I was going to love the aquanaut. Perhaps owning it at same time as nautilus was to both their detriment for me. It's a beautiful watch I wish I had liked it more. Do you find the daytonas getting no more wrist time?

Also the AP equation do post pics !!!

My PP has recently hoarded all wrist time even my ap 15202 is taking a breather
Old 6 January 2015, 03:03 AM   #35
toomuchtalk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeceee View Post
Oh, the irony if he is right on this too. I read that thread and man talk about a turn around

I was positive I was going to love the aquanaut. Perhaps owning it at same time as nautilus was to both their detriment for me. It's a beautiful watch I wish I had liked it more. Do you find the daytonas getting no more wrist time?

Also the AP equation do post pics !!!

My PP has recently hoarded all wrist time even my ap 15202 is taking a breather
Thanks

The 5167 news apparently is not official yet- So watch this space. But, the information came from a trusted source.
Old 6 January 2015, 03:25 AM   #36
dysondiver
"TRF" Member

Watch: my fins
fine watch ,,, health to wear.
dysondiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2015, 04:41 AM   #37
irish john
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex ,PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
I have a ROC and think the Aquanaut is a great piece with it.
Excuse my ignorance Neil , but what is a ROC
irish john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2015, 05:45 AM   #38
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sundial
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish john View Post
Excuse my ignorance Neil , but what is a ROC
Royal Oak Chronograph
kilyung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2015, 04:11 PM   #39
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
I can't imagine that they would discontinue the 5167, but maybe to add some kind of upgrade, if they really do discontinue it I would be bothered as I am seriously considering getting one, only problem my wife doesn't like it, yet, but could see very well having a 5712, Hulk and 5167 as my trio...
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2015, 04:12 PM   #40
Time Exposure
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5980/1A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyung View Post
Royal Oak Chronograph

...with the sub dials at 3,6, and 9, and a date at 4:30. It has a Frederic Piguet-base 1185 movement in it, which is an integrated chronograph (movement incorporates the time/date/chrono).
The other AP chrono is commonly referred to as the ROO, for Royal Oak Offshore. It has sub dials at 6,9, and 12, date at 3, and is an AP time movement with a Dubois-Depraz chronograph module attached to it. That's why it's so hard to see the date buried down there on the time component because you have to look through the chrono component that is on top of it!
Time Exposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2015, 05:28 AM   #41
irish john
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex ,PP
Oh ok thanks Mike
irish john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2015, 02:42 PM   #42
hrm
"TRF" Member

Beautiful watch. Congrats!
hrm is offline   Reply With Quote