The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 2 March 2006, 09:09 AM   #1
----

Have you heard of Parkour?

Saw this "activity" or "sport" or whatever for the first time a while back.

Found this link recently that has some great stuff on it - my apologies to those on dial-up......this isn't for you.

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/1176/

It's a rather large file, so give it time to load. Some of this stuff is pretty amazing.....
Old 2 March 2006, 10:02 AM   #2
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
You're right Al, that stuff is amazing. I thought that stuff only happened in Jackie Chan movies and to the Six Million Dollar man.
Old 2 March 2006, 10:17 AM   #3
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Watch: F-series SD
Wow, it's got a name? All this time I thought it was just called "evading law enforcement"!
Old 2 March 2006, 05:46 PM   #4
C.J.
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedanken
Wow, it's got a name? All this time I thought it was just called "evading law enforcement"!

Bro, anybody that can do that deserves to get away. Hell I'd give them a ride Did you see that guy hold himself out sideways on the bar, wow. They must be in phenomenal shape
Old 2 March 2006, 08:47 PM   #5
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Wow thats quite unreal Al, agree with Craig about the guy sideways on the bars.But think I will keep to my own form of jumping,been practising it now for almost 47 years.And you know what they say practise makes perfect,so I must be pretty good at it by now.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2006, 11:37 PM   #6
Atomic

Pretty impressive! Anyone also notice the still photo flast when the guy is holding himself sideways?

BTW, in my misspent youth, we did some of those tricks. Not the flips per se, but jumping from roof-top to roof-top was something we did a lot of at high school. We'd also jump down complete flights of stairs, off the school roof, etc... sometimes to evade the 'heat'.

We also did car surfing to quell suburban boredome. What is car surfing? Two of my buddies parents had Caprice Classic station wagons (for our euro friends, it's about the biggest land yacht available in the early 80s) and we'd exit the car, usually from the back window, while the car is going through a suburban subdivision, ride on the roof, on a straightawa, get on your feet and ride the wave. It was dangerous and stupid, and we stopped only after my buddy Peter slipped off and fractured his skull (he was okay).

But those flips are amazing!!!
Old 2 March 2006, 11:53 PM   #7
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic
Pretty impressive! Anyone also notice the still photo flast when the guy is holding himself sideways?

BTW, in my misspent youth, we did some of those tricks. Not the flips per se, but jumping from roof-top to roof-top was something we did a lot of at high school. We'd also jump down complete flights of stairs, off the school roof, etc... sometimes to evade the 'heat'.

We also did car surfing to quell suburban boredome. What is car surfing? Two of my buddies parents had Caprice Classic station wagons (for our euro friends, it's about the biggest land yacht available in the early 80s) and we'd exit the car, usually from the back window, while the car is going through a suburban subdivision, ride on the roof, on a straightawa, get on your feet and ride the wave. It was dangerous and stupid, and we stopped only after my buddy Peter slipped off and fractured his skull (he was okay).

But those flips are amazing!!!
Your parents, of course, were thrilled at your physical activity, right, John?

I have to take a little issue with you, though. The biggest land yacht in the early 80's was the American Motors Ambassador station wagon. We had one and I can tell you, it was almost the size of a Chevy Suburban. It was great on long trips (in the days before seat belts and mandatory car seats). We used to throw the kids in the back and they could play or sleep, or do whatever kids do in cars to keep themselves occupied on long drives.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2006, 12:07 AM   #8
Atomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrolex
Your parents, of course, were thrilled at your physical activity, right, John?

I have to take a little issue with you, though. The biggest land yacht in the early 80's was the American Motors Ambassador station wagon. We had one and I can tell you, it was almost the size of a Chevy Suburban. It was great on long trips (in the days before seat belts and mandatory car seats). We used to throw the kids in the back and they could play or sleep, or do whatever kids do in cars to keep themselves occupied on long drives.
Ah Ed, you obviously don't have your underlings reading the posts and highlighting the salient points for you to review. I qualified my statement by saying 'available in the early 80s'. Certainly there were bigger cars prior to the 80s, and my high-school friend's dad's 1974 TOL Buick was evidence of that... biggest back seat and most leg room I've seen in any car short of a limo.

Funny, I remember when gas here went over 59 cents a gallon and my parents were freaking out. How things have changed.
Old 3 March 2006, 12:11 AM   #9
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic
Ah Ed, you obviously don't have your underlings reading the posts and highlighting the salient points for you to review. I qualified my statement by saying 'available in the early 80s'. Certainly there were bigger cars prior to the 80s, and my high-school friend's dad's 1974 TOL Buick was evidence of that... biggest back seat and most leg room I've seen in any car short of a limo.

Funny, I remember when gas here went over 59 cents a gallon and my parents were freaking out. How things have changed.
I read it, John. We had the Ambassador in the early 80's. Then downsized to an Oldsmobile wagon after that.

59 cents? Hell, I remember when I was at Washington University in St. Louis in 1961, the price wars sent high test down to 21 cents. Ah, the good ol' days.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2006, 12:21 AM   #10
Atomic

Quote:
I read it, John. We had the Ambassador in the early 80's. Then downsized to an Oldsmobile wagon after that.

59 cents? Hell, I remember when I was at Washington University in St. Louis in 1961, the price wars sent high test down to 21 cents. Ah, the good ol' days.

Oops sorry... I didn't know AMC was still in business back then.

Ed, in 1961 my older sister wasn't even a twinkle in my parent's eyes.
Old 3 March 2006, 12:40 AM   #11
bhrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS/WG DJ jubilee
great clip!
I can remember what it was like to be young and stupid, if they only knew the damage they are doing to their joints
Old 3 March 2006, 02:58 AM   #12
----

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56
But think I will keep to my own form of jumping,been practising it now for almost 47 years.
Yes, Padi, but after 47 years the sheep are getting tired of your antics......
Old 3 March 2006, 10:21 AM   #13
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:

You're almost as old as JJ