The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 30 November 2016, 05:10 AM   #1
faust munihausen
"TRF" Member

JLC MUT PC accuracy? (plus 10 seconds/day)

Hi,

last week I purchased a JLC MUT Perpetual Calendar (silver dial) stainless steel version.

I am very happy with my purchase. However the watch runs 10-12 seconds too fast over 24hrs.

My Rolex and Omegas only have a 1-2 second deviation per day.

Shpould I bring the JLC to an AD too have it regulated? Should I give it some more time to run in?

Many thanks.
faust munihausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2016, 06:38 AM   #2
themast
"TRF" Member

Assuming it was brand new, and you have been wearing it non-stop (well ~12-16 h/day) I would give it a few more days to see if it settles in. In any case 10-12s/day should not be indicative of a real problem.

Perhaps you can start writing to JLC explaining what is going on and asking for advice. This way you also start documenting what is going on.
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2016, 07:07 AM   #3
PJ S
Banned

Give it a good 2-3 weeks of constant wear, and if the accuracy hasn’t settled to something better, then contact JLC regarding what their watches are regulated to in the factory.
They may say +10s/day is within the manufacturer’s tolerance, but if you feel this isn’t acceptable, then talk with the AD you purchased from about returning it.
If it does go to JLC for regulation, you’ll probably be without it for 6 weeks, which you may be fine with or expect a couple of freebies as a goodwill gesture, or extension of the warranty to match the period you’ll be unable to use it.
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2016, 09:24 AM   #4
faust munihausen
"TRF" Member

Hi,

thanks for the advice. I plan to get a winder for the JLC and see how it turns out in few weeks.

If the deviation of +12 seconds/24hrs remains the I will have the local AD send to JLC for regulation.

Is there "normal" range for a JLC MUT regarding the daily accuracy?
Old 30 November 2016, 08:33 PM   #5
PJ S
Banned

-4/+7 is the info I was able to obtain, so let’s see if it settles down first, and if not then that the deviation is consistent.
Wear the watch, as body temp and constantly varying angle of your wrist will a yield more accurate reflection of how the watch is performing.
If it’s consistently +12/day, then a simple regulation will correct it, but if it’s varying by more than a second or two, then it would suggest something else is afoot, which regulating alone won’t resolve.
As it currently stands, I wouldn’t suspect magnetisation to be playing a part in its running fast – I’d expect that to show as +30 or more, but you can check to see if it is by using the Lepsi app on an iPhone.
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2016, 02:57 AM   #6
faust munihausen
"TRF" Member

@PJS

Thanks for the advice.

I just did the iphone test with the lepsi app and the app showed magnetism on the JLC.

I will take the watch to the local AD this weekend and get it demagnetised.

I will keep you informed.