The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 31 March 2017, 11:23 PM   #31
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sundial
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530ExplorerII View Post
1. Am I ever going to want to take off the Rolex and wear an Omega or Tag again? If so, how long did the romance last?

2. Should I get rid of my two Tag's and Planet Ocean to put towards a BLNR? The only two that have sentimental value are the Bell & Ross (my late fathers) and the blue Seamaster (my first "real" watch).
1. No. Can't go back.

2. Yes. The electric blue SMP300 was my first also... bought and sold mine 3x before I let it go for good. Never wore it with all my other nicer watches around but just took a long time to let the sentiment go.
kilyung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2017, 12:19 AM   #32
Cryten
"TRF" Member

I'd let the Tags go, but you'll take a bath on them.

Let the honeymoon period wear off before you make a decision on the Omegas or you might regret it.
Cryten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2017, 12:27 AM   #33
WatchAffinity
"TRF" Member

Watch: Affinity
You'll get nothing for the tags, best to find a younger fellow who looks up to you to gift one to. You'll get more enjoyment out of that than the $200 someone offers for them.

Like Cryten said maybe wait and hang on to the omega, it's nice to switch things up. I recently got a Tudor Black Bay and now I wear it almost as much as my Rolex. Everyone needs a nice stunt double!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 1 April 2017, 12:46 AM   #34
actionkwj
"TRF" Member

Watch: me soak up the sun
How soon?

I went through the same thing, but eventually the Rollie got into a rotation. I also have watches with different color highlights (blue/orange/red/brown/gold) and so I match what I'm wearing too!

Tag for a BLNR? Sure if you're done with the TAG, but that's a nice one you have, so think about it first. I love the Planet Ocean, so I'd keep that. I love my Rollie, but I also like variety in brand and new/vintage.

Enjoy the journey because in the end, they're just watches!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
actionkwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2017, 12:49 AM   #35
actionkwj
"TRF" Member

Watch: me soak up the sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_NEMO View Post
I'd keep the B&R and the EXPII, and flip the rest. That should fetch you enough funds to get the BLNR, and a partial payment towards a SpeedyPro.

However, since you have the EXPII already (with the GMT function), perhaps consider a SubC instead of the BLNR. SubC + SMP

Just imagine your stable with: B&R, EXPII, SubC and SpeedyPro. Pure sexiness.

I like this plan. Variety and class too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
actionkwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2017, 01:19 AM   #36
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
I would flip the two Tag's for the BLNR and see how that goes. I like the two Omega's, but if you find yourself not wearing them down the road a bit, then you might think about either selling or flipping them, too.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2017, 01:26 AM   #37
ragingcao
"TRF" Member

Watch: cha talking about?
Go for it. Flip whatever not sentimental.
I got rid of my Montblanc, Nomos, Breitling and a few others to fund for a few Rolex. Of course, took a bath but I didn't know then. Now I'm Rolex exclusive.
ragingcao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2017, 01:30 AM   #38
530ExplorerII
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar Explorer II
Quote:
Originally Posted by meganfox17 View Post
Sir ,Do you have a close Up shot of your Omega SMP ? The blue wavy dial pattern ??? with the Roman sword hands appears to have a 3 line text but it's unclear and fitted with the tradisional speedie bracelet. Can you confirm with me whether that's a SMP Quartz Ref 2265.80 ( 2264 has the black dial ) with Cal 1538 movement ? I could tell you which Quartz model is worth collecting but I need to know the reference number
Yes, it is the 2265.80. Here's an up-close shot of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2432.JPG (101.5 KB, 36 views)
530ExplorerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2017, 01:54 AM   #39
Flywheel
"TRF" Member

You'll never wear the others. This is an illness.
Flywheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2017, 02:18 AM   #40
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Glad that is never a problem for me.
I wait long enough to make sure I have made up my mind and whatever I buy, I keep for life. I have never unloaded a watch.
There will always be wrist time for it.

Good luck with the decision.
123Blueface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2017, 02:25 AM   #41
tifosi
"TRF" Member

I tried keeping my other watches (all Omega) once I got my Sub. Didn't happen. They all left.
Old 1 April 2017, 03:42 AM   #42
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
I had an Omega SMP too. A 21st birthday gift from my dad and the watch I wore on my wedding day.

It obviously carried sentimental value however it just didn't ever get a look in once I owned a Rolex. I eventually decided to trade towards my 2nd Rolex, a DJ and never looked back.

My advice - if you're not going to wear them trade them all for the one you truly want!
OmegaJJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2017, 04:13 AM   #43
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

Unless the watches have any meaning for you, get rid of them. The problem with Rolex is that it sets the bar. It might be the most robust watch on the market, even among more distinguished brands. It just feels solid and everything else is a toy. The only Omegas I really like are vintage Seamasters and of course the Speedmaster. In that instance, the model's "lesser build" has an air of nostalgia to it: the manual wind, hesalite glass, etc. I do feel that IWC and Panerai provide excellent finishes to their pieces and they are roughly Rolex's closest competitors price wise. Excluding all of that, once you own Rolex it's hard to branch out to other brands.

Long story short, sell what you won't miss. Buy another Rolex.
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2017, 05:20 AM   #44
KBM
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I like your Carrera, it's a nice looking chrono. My pick would be to keep the PO, Carrera and Exp II, selling the B&R, F1 and SM300 for the BLNR (you would need to add some cash).
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2017, 05:30 AM   #45
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Love the PO; one of my favorites. I think you might miss it. I'd keep the Rolex and let the others go. Ultimately you need to decide what to keep and what to lose.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2017, 05:46 AM   #46
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Hmmmm, guess I'm an anomaly. I still wear my Omegas just fine including my 1st luxury watch (2231.80, Blake SMP Titanium)....it's on my wrist right now. Being with me as a daily for over 17 years isn't something I'd flip for anything. But I cannot deny I'd far rather have the BLNR over the majority of my Omega collection.
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2017, 05:53 AM   #47
meganfox17
Banned

Hi @530ExplorerII

It's a Very Nice Omega quartz Sir , with beautiful Roman Sword Hands , the perfect form : function ratio, a fantabulous lume fitted with one of the best quality quartz movements in the world. It's one of those Kick Ass Omega watches that you can really trash on the beach !

The most collectible Seamaster Quartz models in no particular order :
●The 1st and 0nly quartz model that was worn by 007 in the modern Bond Era. Yes. It's the same watch seen on the wrist of a fresh face young Pierce Brosnan in GoldenEye (1995). The 0ne with the remote control denonator for bombs and helped James Bond escape from an armoured train by firing out laser beam lights to punch a hole on the cabin floor ! Ok ! I'm a Bond fan too

●Ref 2264.80 with the black wavy dial , just edging out your electric wavy blue Ref 2265.80 but not much. The resale value for the black is higher since it's more desirable but search for the 'blue collector' and you can earn some serious cash ! So the Quartz in your possession is a Keeper. Just Hang On To It for now...

● The death of the Quartz in 2011 if memory serves me right resulted in collectors hunting down the last of the dying breed. The truly outstanding mesmerizing twilight model is the Black James Bond with the Skeleton hands , Ref 212.30.41.61.01.001 . Again more desirable that the blue dial , it fetches the highest asking price of the 3 examples

Oh Yes ! I almost forgot. Just like the new Red SeaDweller , the rare Red Seamaster writing on the dial on any quartz model is a worthy collectible timepiece

So there you have it! Thank You for having me on your thread Sir
meganfox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2017, 06:16 AM   #48
Xerxes77
Banned

Good decision!
Go for it!
Xerxes77 is offline   Reply With Quote