The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 6 July 2018, 12:28 AM   #31
HankL818
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubC / ExpII polar
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratepress View Post
Geez, really hoping I don't have to wait until Sept/October!!!
An AD in northeast US with 3 locations claims they haven’t received theirs and it’ll be a “long” time for them to show up. I would be lucky if I get THE CALL in a year. Two years into the Daytona C inquiry, still just crickets... Not being a big spender suck.
HankL818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2018, 12:37 AM   #32
erhein
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
I've heard that the BRLO is even more rare than the BLRO.
erhein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2018, 01:01 AM   #33
ashbaug2
Banned

Watch: 126710 BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by coralfarmer84 View Post
I was told I was the first to call but sorry doesn't mean you'll be first to get. Translation VIP's don't need to call to be first to receive. And now I play the waiting game
Same for me... I'm settling into my daily routine of banging my head against the desk trying to get my mind off of all the pictures I see of everyone else wearing them, then reluctantly going back onto instagram looking for more pictures. It's a vicious cycle
ashbaug2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2018, 01:19 AM   #34
SeeitBuyit
"TRF" Member

Watch: Breguet Hora Mundi
I like many others am on the list. Someday it will arrive. I want to wear the watch, and will
not sell it. I think I am in the minority. The flippers are anxious to make money rather than have pride in their new GMT. Sad.
Old 6 July 2018, 02:48 AM   #35
Terrakot
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex LVc/BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeitBuyit View Post
I like many others am on the list. Someday it will arrive. I want to wear the watch, and will
not sell it. I think I am in the minority. The flippers are anxious to make money rather than have pride in their new GMT. Sad.
No-no, the flippers are "nice capitalists". "Don't hate the player hate the game"
This ridiculous point of view is very popular on TRF
Old 6 July 2018, 04:03 AM   #36
ashbaug2
Banned

Watch: 126710 BLRO
Quote:
I'm with you. This is going to be a "forever watch" that I can make memories in and hand down to my kid one day. I'm even going to get it engraved at the AD with his name in it. I was first to call, and I'm #4 on my AD's waiting list, but that could change if another VIP jumps in... Maybe I'll get one before my 35th B-day in January...? Fingers crossed...
ashbaug2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2018, 04:29 AM   #37
Locust
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
I called right away and a couple days later my sales rep said she thought I was #2 on the list. My AD got 2 a couple weeks back. No call. Expecting maybe this fall if I’m lucky. Turn 40 in September...would be a nice gift.
Locust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2018, 04:38 AM   #38
Reinhard in SA
"TRF" Member

I am number one on the "plebs" list, with only two coming for the whole of 2018. So unless I buy PM etc. there is no way I will see one anytime soon. Even that would probably not get me one. To a lesser extent the same probably goes for the Sub LV list. Maybe I will hold out for a nice 5 digit Pepsi GMT.
Reinhard in SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2018, 10:04 AM   #39
Bruno Datejust
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by HL65 View Post
Exactly plus half of Chrono ads don’t even have watches in possession.
I believe more than half don't have it but "will find it for you" in an indefinite span of time.
Bruno Datejust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2018, 11:21 AM   #40
fdm79
"TRF" Member

Curious info for general knowledge:

I was number 4 at my current Rolex AD since May after they had a 2018 Rolex releases cocktail for costumers. Nevertheless, they had no accurate date about when I should get mine being number 4. They only mentioned that it should be this year...

Trying all the other AD's in my City would be a clear waste of time.

Then, a month ago, I called by chance, another Rolex AD from another City (120 km far from here). An AD that I didn't even know that existed and had never developed any relationship with. So I asked about the BLRO and the Saleswoman said they had no expectation about when they would receive any piece.

Summing up, my original AD called me last Friday telling me that it was my turn and my BLRO would be available in August.

5 hours ago, the second Rolex AD aforementioned and once again, an AD that I had NO business in the past, simply called me saying that they've just received a fresh from the oven BLRO and I would be the first one in line to get it from them (Tomorrow Yaay)... Needless to say, I closed the deal by phone, 4 hours ago WITH THEM !

Moral of the story:

The soooo discussed relationship between costumers/AD's necessity to put you in line to get a BLRO or MAAAYBE a SS Ceramic Daytona sometimes might turn into an urban myth.... At least, here it seems to be a bit like this.
Rolex GMT Master II 126710 BLRO - Rolex Submariner 116610 LV - Breitling Navitimer 01 Pan-American Bronze Limited Edition AB0121C4/Q605-447A - Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Professional 3861 (Sapphire) 310.30.42.50.01.002 - Omega Seamaster Diver 300M 41mm Ceramic (Blue) 212.30.41.20.03.001
fdm79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2018, 02:49 PM   #41
Likestheshiny
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The soooo discussed relationship between costumers/AD's necessity to put you in line to get a BLRO or MAAAYBE a SS Ceramic Daytona sometimes might turn into an urban myth.... At least, here it seems to be a bit like this.
Well, obviously any AD can do whatever it wants. With the sheer number of ADs out there, naturally there will be some that just plain make a list and follow it. That doesn't mean the general rule is an "urban myth" -- it just means it's a general rule and not an unyielding, no-exceptions, Judge Dredd law.

And actually on topic, the AD I'm most familiar with had received two as of last week. I got neither.

(although I also wasn't on the list.)
Likestheshiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2018, 03:02 PM   #42
fdm79
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likestheshiny View Post
Well, obviously any AD can do whatever it wants. With the sheer number of ADs out there, naturally there will be some that just plain make a list and follow it. That doesn't mean the general rule is an "urban myth" -- it just means it's a general rule and not an unyielding, no-exceptions, Judge Dredd law.

And actually on topic, the AD I'm most familiar with had received two as of last week. I got neither.

(although I also wasn't on the list.)
Thank God I used the words "might turn" and "At least, here"

And honestly, the expectation of getting a very "hot" watch without even being on a list, should be called "A Miracle"
Rolex GMT Master II 126710 BLRO - Rolex Submariner 116610 LV - Breitling Navitimer 01 Pan-American Bronze Limited Edition AB0121C4/Q605-447A - Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Professional 3861 (Sapphire) 310.30.42.50.01.002 - Omega Seamaster Diver 300M 41mm Ceramic (Blue) 212.30.41.20.03.001
Old 18 July 2018, 06:32 PM   #43
Ococ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops888 View Post
I think you are wrong.
The AD i am dealing with need an unrefundable deposit of EUR 1.000,- before placing on waitinglist. I am queued now with a four year waitinglist position.

Have you ever heard such things for the BLNR? I didn't.
Wich AD in Holland you have?
Ococ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2018, 06:34 PM   #44
maverick.
"TRF" Member

my AD told me i'm second and i got it yesterday :-)
maverick. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2018, 06:58 PM   #45
ssetem
"TRF" Member

Watch: blro,daytc,lv,blnr
I was 2nd and got it on 25th June
ssetem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2018, 10:46 PM   #46
piratepress
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Sure seems like countries outside the U.S. are getting them first! UK, Canada, Brazil, etc. I waited 35 years for my first Rolex, a BLNR, so I suppose I can wait a little while longer for the BLRO, which to me is the perfect Rolex!
piratepress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2018, 12:32 AM   #47
fdm79
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratepress View Post
Sure seems like countries outside the U.S. are getting them first! UK, Canada, Brazil, etc. I waited 35 years for my first Rolex, a BLNR, so I suppose I can wait a little while longer for the BLRO, which to me is the perfect Rolex!
One of the salesman from the main Rolex boutique here in my city said that Brazil has officially the shortest waiting list for SS Ceramic Daytonas (Nov 2019 for black dial and July 2020 for white dial). This info was also confirmed by another saleswoman from a different AD here. I see absolutely no reason for them to make up a story about this. Also, he showed me last month, a list only for foreigners purchasing here. I had to see it for myself to believe.... Other smaller similar lists are now in "progress" for other Rolex ADs here in São Paulo.

MAAAAAANY people from China (no wonder ), UK, Belgium, etc.
Old 19 July 2018, 02:51 AM   #48
ocwatching
"TRF" Member

I am waiting on the next batch..AD got two about two weeks ago
Old 21 July 2018, 12:28 PM   #49
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
Update from my AD today, they have so far received one in June and one in July. If that holds I will receive one within a year. They said this is not comparable to past years Basel releases where they would receive a “bonus allocation” in the first month or so of release.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2018, 11:57 PM   #50
fiebru1119
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DBlue
My AD blames it on the Chinese :eyeroll: , have only received one so far..
fiebru1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2018, 03:56 AM   #51
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Got on local AD list, but not holding my breath on it....

They say have not receive any yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.480.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2018, 05:42 AM   #52
AJMarcus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Swiss
Quote:
I agree. I picked mine up from my AD three weeks ago and have no interest in selling. It’s perfect.
AJMarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2018, 06:06 AM   #53
HankL818
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubC / ExpII polar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiebru1119 View Post
My AD blames it on the Chinese :eyeroll: , have only received one so far..
Care to share which AD this is...?
HankL818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2018, 07:50 AM   #54
DGB
"TRF" Member

I counted 79 BLRO 126710 on Chrono24, while we are all waiting desperately to get a call.

This makes me think the AD sell to people who don’t care about this watch but only care about making money.

The waiting time for any interesting Rolex piece is years, I am more and more shifting to other brands.

The AD did not even considered taking my name for a SS Daytona.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2018, 07:54 AM   #55
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGB View Post
I counted 79 BLRO 126710 on Chrono24, while we are all waiting desperately to get a call.

This makes me think the AD sell to people who don’t care about this watch but only care about making money.

The waiting time for any interesting Rolex piece is years, I am more and more shifting to other brands.

The AD did not even considered taking my name for a SS Daytona.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And like so many Chrono24 ads probably a dozen or so actually have the watch in their posession.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2018, 08:00 AM   #56
Tan
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5320G
I spoke to an AD in Toronto recently about the scarcity and they alluded that while it won't be Daytona difficult to get one, it will not be "readily available" like the regular SS sports. Not that SS sports is readily available by any means! But it seems the Daytona will continue to be the most difficult to acquire.
Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2018, 08:30 AM   #57
fiebru1119
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankL818 View Post
Care to share which AD this is...?

Southeast US in a deep red state is all I’ll say. Something about how Chinese household income has increased by triple digit % in the last decades, Rolex is shipping almost all of their stock to China.
fiebru1119 is offline   Reply With Quote