The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 January 2019, 01:03 PM   #1
climblaw25
"TRF" Member

Watch: too much Netflix
Rolex Beverly Hills - very sparse selection of SS sport models

I had a chance to check out Rolex Beverly Hills today. Zero SS sport models except for YMII.

Zero two-tone sport models.

A whole lot of DJ's, AK's, OP's, and PM models.

Explanation for lack of SS sport models was: 1) holiday sell down; and 2) slow production at first of year. Allegedly expecting shipments sometime soon.

Not sure I've ever seen anything like this. Should have bought a bunch of Subs 2 years ago when they filled up the display cases . . .
climblaw25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2019, 01:07 PM   #2
antoflo
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJII, Sub
sad state of affairs... I remember visiting this AD in 2016 and they had both the BLNR and LV in the display.
antoflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2019, 01:09 PM   #3
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Pretty much the same here.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2019, 01:37 PM   #4
RHIII

Watch: AP/Rolex/PP
Pretty much the same everywhere....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RHIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2019, 01:43 PM   #5
jms135
"TRF" Member

Though I buy at another ad, I pop in that store every so often since I work in the area. Not once have I seen a sub/gmt/anything hot on display in the past 1.5 years. In LA it is extremely odd to see anything hot on display. When something lands it sells within a couple phone calls and never makes it out of its coffin shipping case. Perfect example is a couple days ago my ad received a shipment and phoned me asking if I had someone close who wanted a sub. 5 min later it was sold to my friend. Crazy market we live in.

Old 25 January 2019, 02:03 PM   #6
jps3b
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116619
Geary’s Rolex boutique is a class act operation. Every one of their sales professionals love the brand and love talking about the brand. They are warm and inviting. Even when they know a sale isn’t coming with that particular visit. I highly recommend them if anyone is in the market for a new watch. They also have locations in Century City and Santa Monica. I exclusively use Joanne out of the Century City location. She’s the best! Also, don’t be dissuaded. Like all AD’s, sometimes you can get lucky if they know your a genuine lover of the brand. They keep “hot” pieces in the safe. Pay them a visit.

jps3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2019, 02:30 PM   #7
Navarino
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jps3b View Post
Geary’s Rolex boutique is a class act operation. Every one of their sales professionals love the brand and love talking about the brand. They are warm and inviting. Even when they know a sale isn’t coming with that particular visit. I highly recommend them if anyone is in the market for a new watch. They also have locations in Century City and Santa Monica. I exclusively use Joanne out of the Century City location. She’s the best! Also, don’t be dissuaded. Like all AD’s, sometimes you can get lucky if they know your a genuine lover of the brand. They keep “hot” pieces in the safe. Pay them a visit.

Agree with you. I’ve made multiple purchases at the Century City location and know the staff there and the BH location well. If I am around (I work in between those two locations — dangerously close!) I’ll often go in just to look around and enjoy some nice watch talk. They’re always very welcoming to me and don’t use any kind of pressuring sales tactics.

You’re right about supply too. I can’t even remember the last time I walked into either of those locations where they had a SS professional model sitting in the case (except for a 37mm yacht master I platinum dial NOS that has been sitting in their window display for ages). Mehdi is a great sales guy at Century City and also knows vintage Rolex well.

Navarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2019, 02:42 PM   #8
climblaw25
"TRF" Member

Watch: too much Netflix
LOL, like I said don't expect to come remotely close to picking up a SS sport model there. They are conspicuously absent from all display cases and a "nobody" shopper will get only vague and nonspecific responses as to their availability.

Rolex advertises these watches on their websites and on billboards and in magazines and on TV etc. but they are 100% unavailable at one of the most focal AD's in the entire world. Just say'in.
climblaw25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2019, 02:44 PM   #9
jps3b
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carry The Interest View Post
Agree with you. I’ve made multiple purchases at the Century City location and know the staff there and the BH location well. If I am around (I work in between those two locations — dangerously close!) I’ll often go in just to look around and enjoy some nice watch talk. They’re always very welcoming to me and don’t use any kind of pressuring sales tactics.

You’re right about supply too. I can’t even remember the last time I walked into either of those locations where they had a SS professional model sitting in the case (except for a 37mm yacht master I platinum dial NOS that has been sitting in their window display for ages). Mehdi is a great sales guy at Century City and also knows vintage Rolex well.

Very nice! They really did a great job on the remodel of the CC galleria. Wife and I love Javier’s.

@jps3b
jps3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2019, 03:02 PM   #10
jms135
"TRF" Member

Totally agree with the other comments. They are very friendly and professional. Knowing that I have a relationship with another ad they still take the time to have the usual watch talk :) I had a colleague maybe few months ago pop in there seeking his first rolex. I prepped him on market conditions and gave him the advice to go in person have a chat and ask to be put on the list for the sub nd he is looking for as opposed to just calling. He had a pleasant visit and 3 weeks later they called him and had the watch ready for pickup. Nice little success story and a thumbs up for Gearys.

Old 25 January 2019, 03:46 PM   #11
ryvius
"TRF" Member

I really wanted to buy my SubC from Geary but after two months realized my AD game wasn't good enough and I didn't have the time to level it up.

Ended up going with DavidSW. Zero complaints, warranty card even has my name on it.

Would have been fun to do the AD experience since this is likely my only Rolex purchase.
ryvius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2019, 03:52 PM   #12
Altair
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5270
Yeah that's the situation all over the world. I travel allot for work and make it a point to always ask for the three Rolex models I am looking to buy, a blue SD, Pepsi GMT, and DeepBlue. Zero luck.

I actually went into an AD in Dubai and told them I would like to buy all three. They descended into uncontrollable laughter.
Altair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2019, 02:00 AM   #13
fixinbones
"TRF" Member

Watch: 118206
Went to my local Rolex dealer London jewelers as well as a Torneau just to see if I could get lucky. Been looking at the SS BLRO and new JC. both stores-Nada, zilch for SS professional models. It looked like they had a fire sale the day before. There were so many empty cases you’d think they were dropping the line and clearing out inventory. later in the week I see a JC and SS BLRO for sale on Chrono 24 and the place is close to my house. So I shoot over there so I can at least try them on. It’s some small little gold buying jewelry pawn store. Nice guys. Brings out the BLRO, JC, and then he also brings out a hulk and tells me I thought you might like this one.
fixinbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2019, 02:05 AM   #14
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by jms135 View Post
Though I buy at another ad, I pop in that store every so often since I work in the area. Not once have I seen a sub/gmt/anything hot on display in the past 1.5 years. In LA it is extremely odd to see anything hot on display. When something lands it sells within a couple phone calls and never makes it out of its coffin shipping case. Perfect example is a couple days ago my ad received a shipment and phoned me asking if I had someone close who wanted a sub. 5 min later it was sold to my friend. Crazy market we live in.

Can we be friends? I live in LA.

jb335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2019, 02:08 AM   #15
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
I also can vouch for Geary’s. I go to all their LA locations and everyone is always polite and helpful.

Particularly Marie who used to be at SM and I believe is at CC now. She’s great! I’m on her list for a LVc. Fingers crossed 🤞

jb335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2019, 02:16 AM   #16
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Pretty much the same here.
Yeah, here too...but, I will say that hasn't dissuaded me from buying a few watches.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2019, 04:19 AM   #17
Navarino
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jps3b View Post
Very nice! They really did a great job on the remodel of the CC galleria. Wife and I love Javier’s.

@jps3b
Totally agree! My fiancee and I spend plenty of time at that mall. We frequently pop into Javier's for a margarita (or two, or three).
Navarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2019, 05:17 AM   #18
Mick006
"TRF" Member

My guess is all the hot models are in the safe waiting for customers with purchase history.
Mick006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2019, 05:34 AM   #19
superstarmar
Banned

Watch: my wrist presence
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick006 View Post
my guess is all the hot models are in the safe waiting for customers with purchase history.
100 %
superstarmar is offline   Reply With Quote