The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 26 January 2019, 04:05 AM   #31
schoolboy
Banned

Watch: 116234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew View Post
Hi Jesus! I typically have an OP39 with me, but the DJ and the YM both swim too.

That’s awesome

Took my Datejust swimming the other day

Have a good one!
schoolboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2019, 10:28 AM   #32
BigBoy17
"TRF" Member

Been using it for years in the gym...no issues
BigBoy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2019, 10:33 AM   #33
TurboTim14
"TRF" Member

Wear my subc in the gym every day. Not cardio equipment but weights, deadlift , squat, no problems. I consider this "light" use even still. These things are extremely durable.. Picked up a few marks on the bracelet here and there but oh well better than sitting in my closet in preservation.
TurboTim14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2019, 10:45 AM   #34
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
I think that the op is referring to stretch from muscle pump. However, the wrist and that area of the form has very few muscles and is unlikely to gain the pump muscle expansion experienced in say a biceps, chest, etc
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2019, 10:57 AM   #35
ROLEXster
"TRF" Member

Watch: is on BS wait list
Every 2nd day ... weights & elliptical
No problems
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Day - Gym - 800.jpg (253.7 KB, 126 views)
ROLEXster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2019, 11:01 AM   #36
Hkspwrsche
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblu10 View Post
How about getting yourself a round nylon watch case i.e.Casebudi and a belt with a small storage pouch? Place the watch in the small round case and into the pouch strapped around your waist. No damage to watch, no worries of having it stolen as it is with you at all times, no need to leave it in vehicle or gym locker. Problem solved.
Great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray_Panther View Post
I exercise in the comfort of my own home in the Dungeon of Ripped Muscle (my basement). But if I were to exercise at a gym, this is honestly the best idea!
Even better and that is what I do. I can buy a lot of equipment for the price of a family gym membership. And we actually use it at home.
Hkspwrsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2019, 11:47 AM   #37
Muxi
"TRF" Member

I wear all my watches to the gym. It’s good exercise for the movement
Muxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2019, 12:08 PM   #38
ugasbiggestfan
"TRF" Member

If you have to ask... been wearing a 16600 to the gym for YEARS, lifting and cardio with no issues. Turns out even a Rolex can handle deadlifts, squats, bench, and anything else you can throw at it. Get off the phone and pick up something heavy.
ugasbiggestfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2019, 12:49 PM   #39
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBateman View Post
Why wear a Rolex when at the gym?
So you can tell the time.
Old 26 January 2019, 12:56 PM   #40
doboy007
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR/LVc/SkyD/ND41
Quote:
Because some like to show off more than their muscles or to compensate for lack of muscles, haha.
doboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2019, 05:23 PM   #41
SearChart
TechXpert

Keep it clean and wear it snug to reduce unnecessary bracelet wear.
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2019, 05:33 PM   #42
jimcameron
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800
Quote:
So the hot chicks will see it.
jimcameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2019, 11:58 PM   #43
CRM114
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTs,1803, 16610LV
On the contrary, it's because Rolex steel bracelets DON'T stretch in the gym that it's extremely inadvisable to wear one there. Here's what happened to me;

One day I was innocently doing wrist curls and the flexing of my arm muscles began to create an increasing pressure against the bracelet until...suddenly and quite violently it blew apart sending high-velocity Oyster links flying in every direction across the room like fragments from a old pineapple grenade!

At the time I didn't realize what had happened. There was a flash and loud pop accompanied by sounds of metal ricocheting off the weight racks and treadmills, a mirror shattered, and with no time to think I instinctively dove for cover under the bench. As I did, in those couple heartbeats that seem like an eternity when time slows down and with great clarity, I watched a nearby dude doing squats groan and crumple to the floor under clanging weights he had no business attempting to lift anyway and across the room a plastic bottle being raised by a chick on an elliptical erupt as it was pierced and torn from her hand to go tumbling end-over-end spraying a giant pinwheel of orange energy drink everywhere.

Got lucky. There weren't many people there that day and all wounds sustained by those few present were mostly superficial, thankfully none by me. Obviously, it could have been a lot worse because the last thing anyone wants to see is the aftermath of an Oyster coming unglued in a crowd, especially in an enclosed space, let alone an even more-frangible Jubilee with it's Claymore mine effect under the same circumstances. Yikes.

So, beware. Rolex steel bracelets don't stretch under pressure but, because they don't, can certainly explode under the type of Marvel comic book Superhero muscle-flexing stress loads commonly found at the local gym.
CRM114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2019, 12:35 AM   #44
ColtAuto7
"TRF" Member

Watch: A 16613 "Blue Boy"
Take note of the moves you perform in which the equipment touches your watch and from that make a decision. Various dumbbell presses and in my experience machine shoulder lateral raises will do this. I am sure there are others. Especially egregious is a cable movement wherein while standing or kneeling one reaches across the body with one hand, takes hold of a D-handle with one hand, again reaches across with the other grabbing the other handle thus forming something of an "X" and then spreads ones arms. While a good back and shoulder exercise there is a great deal of contact between the wrists upon the start and completion of the movement.

Stretch is not a concern, but rather possible contact with the metal equipment.
ColtAuto7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2019, 12:44 AM   #45
SFmedic13
"TRF" Member

Watch: None Currently
You're correct don't wear it as you get on the treadmill or Elliptical the transferred vibrations will wear out the crowns on the face. The intense strain will discolor the face, and lifting will demagnetize it slowing the watch by 10 hours.

But crazy that I wore mine in Colombia during my Search & Rescue position on several missions and to Iraq without issues....I was Lucky!
SFmedic13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2019, 12:59 AM   #46
kzm40
"TRF" Member

I wear mine, I'd never leave it in the locker, never had an issue, never had a problem.
kzm40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2019, 02:04 AM   #47
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
No, but I would be more concerned banging it on some piece of gym equipment.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2019, 03:42 AM   #48
Roll the Lex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sometimes you go straight from work and don't want to leave the Rolex in the locker room or your car.

Or sometimes you're out of town and want to use the hotel's gym but again don't want to leave the watch in the hotel room.

Best place is on the wrist. I don't make it a point to wear a Rolex to the gym, but if I can squeeze in a work out during my day, off I go.

For me, a large attraction to a Rolex is that it can handle stuff like this. I can wear the watch and not have to worry about it.
Roll the Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2019, 03:44 AM   #49
Vetracer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116500LN
I suspect these questions are bait looking for the obvious “what a ridiculous question” responses.

I will resist the temptation to feed the OP’s desire.
Vetracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2019, 03:49 AM   #50
rogue828
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
My batman stays on the wrist and I wear workout gloves that have wrap around straps for wrist support that also cover it. Those whom decide to leave it in a locker are going to lose it..wear it and enjoy it...my 2cents
rogue828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2019, 03:58 AM   #51
faimag
"TRF" Member

Watch: Reverso
You think you can generate so much force by tightening your wrist that you can actually stretch the bracelet???
I would be more concerned about dropping a dumbbell on it!
faimag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2019, 05:16 AM   #52
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue828 View Post
My batman stays on the wrist and I wear workout gloves that have wrap around straps for wrist support that also cover it. Those whom decide to leave it in a locker are going to lose it..wear it and enjoy it...my 2cents

I agree. I wouldn’t leave 10k in cash in my gym locker, no way I’m leaving my watch in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2019, 05:24 AM   #53
Seibei
Banned

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by syahriltaher View Post
Been hearing bad stories about Rolex bracelet stretched due to using it while exercising in GYM....
Yes, you could put it on a rubber strap if you insist on taking it to the gym.

The "stretch" does not occur due to pulling forces. It occurs due to friction between pins and holes that wears the pins smaller and the holes bigger, leading to a bracelet that has a stretch/slop to it.
Seibei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2019, 05:34 AM   #54
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
So you can tell the time.
Planet Fitness has a HUGE clock on the wall for all to see. Do you think wearing this makes any sense to the gym?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sub2.jpg (39.7 KB, 43 views)
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2019, 05:47 AM   #55
Dsmith1974
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40
Safest place to keep a Rolex is on your wrist. Gym won’t hurt it. Just wear it in the shower after and show it some soap and water.
Dsmith1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2019, 05:55 AM   #56
BradSomrak
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
Quote:

Exactly.
BradSomrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2019, 06:19 AM   #57
101031-28
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1665
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
personally i cant stand having anything on my wrists while i work out
+1

Ian Fleming
101031-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2019, 06:20 AM   #58
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesharkfactor View Post
Best to leave your 116610LV in your locker while training.
disagree...
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2019, 06:33 AM   #59
RFBHD
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona116518GMTLN
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRM114 View Post
On the contrary, it's because Rolex steel bracelets DON'T stretch in the gym that it's extremely inadvisable to wear one there. Here's what happened to me;

One day I was innocently doing wrist curls and the flexing of my arm muscles began to create an increasing pressure against the bracelet until...suddenly and quite violently it blew apart sending high-velocity Oyster links flying in every direction across the room like fragments from a old pineapple grenade!

At the time I didn't realize what had happened. There was a flash and loud pop accompanied by sounds of metal ricocheting off the weight racks and treadmills, a mirror shattered, and with no time to think I instinctively dove for cover under the bench. As I did, in those couple heartbeats that seem like an eternity when time slows down and with great clarity, I watched a nearby dude doing squats groan and crumple to the floor under clanging weights he had no business attempting to lift anyway and across the room a plastic bottle being raised by a chick on an elliptical erupt as it was pierced and torn from her hand to go tumbling end-over-end spraying a giant pinwheel of orange energy drink everywhere.

Got lucky. There weren't many people there that day and all wounds sustained by those few present were mostly superficial, thankfully none by me. Obviously, it could have been a lot worse because the last thing anyone wants to see is the aftermath of an Oyster coming unglued in a crowd, especially in an enclosed space, let alone an even more-frangible Jubilee with it's Claymore mine effect under the same circumstances. Yikes.

So, beware. Rolex steel bracelets don't stretch under pressure but, because they don't, can certainly explode under the type of Marvel comic book Superhero muscle-flexing stress loads commonly found at the local gym.
I love all of the dead serious replies on here..... was this incident reported on the evening news???? I am surprised it wasn't on TMZ or Fox news!!!! I will keep an eye out for the next time I see the Punisher lifting at my gym with his sub on...
RFBHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2019, 08:33 AM   #60
bronzeband00
Banned

I don't like too have anything on my wrists while I work out. As for the watch, it can take whatever you throw at it but as mentioned above if you're clumsy Rolex vs knocking against weights is not a good combo.
bronzeband00 is offline   Reply With Quote