The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 28 January 2019, 06:42 AM   #1
DoctorA
"TRF" Member

Any luck in Dubai??

I am flying on a business trip to Dubai for a week. Any luck finding ss models? I知 craving a blue skydweller which might be very tricky!

I will appreciate any tips and how to deal with ADs in that part of the world to get a ss model!
Thank you!
Old 28 January 2019, 06:44 AM   #2
sallyhats
"TRF" Member

Watch: PAM111, BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorA View Post
I am flying on a business trip to Dubai for a week. Any luck finding ss models? I知 craving a blue skydweller which might be very tricky!

I will appreciate any tips and how to deal with ADs in that part of the world to get a ss model!
Thank you!
Was there 3 weeks ago, cases are all empty and i was a returning customer.

GMT II - 116710 BLNR
sallyhats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 06:50 AM   #3
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:

Thank you!
It値l be over list
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 06:58 AM   #4
mazizata
"TRF" Member

Unfortunately the regional ADs are big grey market feeding machines when it comes to sought after pieces.
mazizata is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 07:26 AM   #5
DoctorA
"TRF" Member

That’s disappointing!
I might check other brands! IWC, Jaeger and Omega. I’ve been thinking of adding something outside the Rolex family

What kind of discount (if any) to expect on those brands there?
Old 28 January 2019, 08:20 AM   #6
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

I am not sure if this is just AD BS or not but was just at Tourneau Rolex at in dc area last week .AD was talking about one of his customers purchased a Rolex from Dubai Rolex ad and turned out not to be authentic. I am still skeptical and asked was it a real AD. He said yes per customer. Tourneau salesman said they have a drawer for locals and one for foreigners, and you would never be able to accuse Dubai AD for selling watch that was not real and would be breaking law calling AD a lier that would be considered crime to accuse uae citizen of lying.

I’m still skeptical about this story but I would steer clear of purchases in uae or Saudi.
Stick to us or eu.
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 08:53 AM   #7
Roger Lococco
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126719BLRO Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrpdc View Post
I am not sure if this is just AD BS or not but was just at Tourneau Rolex at in dc area last week .AD was talking about one of his customers purchased a Rolex from Dubai Rolex ad and turned out not to be authentic. I am still skeptical and asked was it a real AD. He said yes per customer. Tourneau salesman said they have a drawer for locals and one for foreigners, and you would never be able to accuse Dubai AD for selling watch that was not real and would be breaking law calling AD a lier that would be considered crime to accuse uae citizen of lying.

I知 still skeptical about this story but I would steer clear of purchases in uae or Saudi.
Stick to us or eu.

I lived in the UAE for a long time. There is no way an AD there is going to sell a fake watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roger Lococco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 09:08 AM   #8
socalwatchcollector
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pateks Plural
Wait list on everything unfortunately.
socalwatchcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 09:19 AM   #9
irate.alien
"TRF" Member

Is it just me, or is that a weird store? Pentagon City Mall is kind of a frumpy place, and Tourneau just doesn't fit well. Of course, the Tysons area is full of Liljequist/Lenkerdorfer so already crowded. But you'd think Tourneau would drop their DC-area outpost in the District--I could see them along K Street or someplace like that--even Georgetown, maybe?
Old 28 January 2019, 12:56 PM   #10
VintageVagabound
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I知 still skeptical about this story but I would steer clear of purchases in uae or Saudi.
Stick to us or eu.
Absolute crap. All the Rolex stores (they have like 25 of them) in the UAE are legit (they have the largest Rolex retail store in the world - along with a smaller store in Dubai Mall alone). Conceivably somebody bought a fake from a guy and was embarrassed and said he got it at the AD.

Back to the OP - I haven稚 seen anything stainless in Dubai but the AD at the Abu Dhabi Mall had a black GMT, two-tone black dial sub, DSSD, and a white face Sky Dweller when I was in there about 5 weeks ago. If you池e willing to drive 90 min and check out the sites in Abu Dhabi you might have more luck.
VintageVagabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 02:03 PM   #11
Foxglove
"TRF" Member

Watch: yourself
Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyhats View Post
Was there 3 weeks ago, cases are all empty and i was a returning customer.
I found the same thing. All popular SS models are gone from Dubai like everywhere else.
Foxglove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 02:05 PM   #12
Sandpit
"TRF" Member

You could try but I’d think it would be difficult. If you do you would likely have more luck outside of the touristy places. Avoid Dubai Mall - everybody flocks there. You could try calling around once you’re here but from experience they’re difficult to get any sense out of unless you’re stood in front of them. The airport on the way back could be worth checking too. I know of a couple of decent pickups there recently but it’s a bit like winning the lottery there.
Sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 02:08 PM   #13
sallyhats
"TRF" Member

Watch: PAM111, BLNR
Quote:

Stick to us or eu.
All the Rolex stores are owned by Ahmed Sadeq & sons. They have other general jewelry stores as well, but they most certainly would never sell a fake.

GMT II - 116710 BLNR
sallyhats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 02:33 PM   #14
S.C
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40
I rarely see anything of interest here and the prices certainly aren’t anything to get excited about either.
Old 28 January 2019, 02:50 PM   #15
JodyHighroller
Banned

Quote:
That痴 disappointing!
I might check other brands! IWC, Jaeger and Omega. I致e been thinking of adding something outside the Rolex family

Regarding Omega, you can get a 15% discount with no issues back in the US.

For overseas the AD will usually start with 10%, but with some negotiation you can usually land 15% in addition to claiming VAT back (dependent on country).
JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 03:15 PM   #16
polaris72
2024 Pledge Member

You can most probably negotiate some kind of discount on IWC or Omega. As an example, they offerred me an extra strap at IWC Dubai Mall instead of discount.

Inventory is very low due to high volume of individuals traveling in and out. If I were you, I would get watch in Europe with VAT refund. BTW, there is 5% VAT in Dubai.
polaris72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 03:19 PM   #17
watchlover98
"TRF" Member

You can get one there easily from the AD itself if you are ready to pay a premium
watchlover98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 05:21 PM   #18
Watcheroo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Stick to us or eu.

I知 sorry, but this is utter BS
Watcheroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 05:24 PM   #19
Watcheroo
2024 Pledge Member

As already mentioned, SS are mostly on waitlist in Dubai. Especially due to the high influx of tourists.

You may have better luck in Abu Dhabi. Check out the Rolex boutiques in Abu Dhabi Mall and in Etihad Towers.

Good luck
Watcheroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 05:44 PM   #20
mazizata
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That痴 disappointing!
I might check other brands! IWC, Jaeger and Omega. I致e been thinking of adding something outside the Rolex family

Probably little, if any, in Dubai Mall as they are all Boutiques. There are a few ADs in Mall of the Emirates that offers discounts on JLC etc.

Best deals are in Kuwait, Oman and Bahrain to be frank.
mazizata is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 10:29 PM   #21
ajas
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubC, Pam, Speede
Dubai will be challenging. As far as remember Kuwait had the best stock
ajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 10:49 PM   #22
ashokleyland
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060,PAM,DJ
Quote:

Stick to us or eu.
there are still replica on madinat zayed shopping centre on Abu Dhabi, but from AD is clearly BS
Old 28 January 2019, 11:46 PM   #23
Danny83
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
The Blue dial Skydweller is very hard to find. You can get other brands for 20% off if you look.
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2019, 12:30 AM   #24
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcheroo View Post
I知 sorry, but this is utter BS
That is what I figured.
Old 29 January 2019, 12:33 AM   #25
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irate.alien View Post
Is it just me, or is that a weird store? Pentagon City Mall is kind of a frumpy place, and Tourneau just doesn't fit well. Of course, the Tysons area is full of Liljequist/Lenkerdorfer so already crowded. But you'd think Tourneau would drop their DC-area outpost in the District--I could see them along K Street or someplace like that--even Georgetown, maybe?
Agree, torneau pcity very odd store and hit or miss on service. There is tiny jewel box couple blocks from k. Excellent customer service and the carry iwc, jlc, tsh, Rolex, Cartier, and patek that I can recall.
Old 29 January 2019, 02:10 AM   #26
101031-28
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1665
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazizata View Post
ADs are big grey market feeding machines when it comes to sought after pieces.
This.

Ian Fleming
101031-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2019, 03:37 AM   #27
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Well I remember a thread a few weeks ago where someone got lucky at the airport with a BLNR I think and there was a couple other pieces as well. But those were definitely a matter of perfect timing.

You may get lucky at the airport, never know...but the ADs, forget it.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2019, 04:07 AM   #28
abbassmaki
"TRF" Member

Watch: Only Rolex
You can easy find: Polar, DSSD black, GMT LN and Sub LB in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. SS with no discount in Dubai, 10% in Abu Dhabi, LB 13% discount in Dubai and 15% in Abu Dhabi plus about 4.7 vat return in airport if you are a visitor ( not resident in UAE)

Rolex for ever
abbassmaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2019, 04:46 AM   #29
Sandpit
"TRF" Member

Went to one of their less popular stores tonight (Festival City). They can obtain LN SS Subs (can’t guarantee timeline), BLRO she said 3 years - wouldn’t take my name for that. There is no list for that. Same with BLNR.

The display cases were stripped bare!
Sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote