Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > The Meeting Point

Closed Thread

Old 1 May 2019, 08:01 AM   #931
One Ping Only
"TRF" Member

Watch: several
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosbevok View Post
Just so I understand, how much was the NRD and how much was the extra that had to be paid over the entire weekend?

The deposit was $150.

The dinner / wine charge was $72 per person at our table ($2120 divided by 28).

Other than a few dollars in tips for bartenders, that was the only added cost.
Old 1 May 2019, 08:05 AM   #932
nyc2la
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swlakengolf88 View Post
Gerardo is a fraud point blank period. I attended last years event and the second I met the guy my scam artist alert went off. All of you that give this guy money are fools. I dunno if dude is a few frys short of a happy meal or what but he’s definitely not the brightest bulb at Home Depot. It takes about 10 hours total to do what he says takes him 364 days. Whoever said 1000 hours should be ashamed of themselves for thinking this bottom of the dumpster get together even took 10 hours to plan. Dude spent 60$ at kinkos for nametags and for personalized wristbands n got sponsors to pay for everything else. Pocketed and pissed through everyone’s cash and it finally crashed n burned in his face. I don’t even think the crew of loyal Gerardo dickriders
Is gonna be able to save him this time from fraudfestival19. Anybody that gives this guy money is an idiot and it’s your own fault if you get taken....you guys paid $300+ a couple for frozen meatballs n salad out of a bag ..... Spots now open for 2020 the household bills need to get paid !!!Are you ready??

This is not productive.
Old 1 May 2019, 08:11 AM   #933
Alexwwjd
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out!!!
Quote:
Gerardo is a fraud point blank period. I attended last years event and the second I met the guy my scam artist alert went off. All of you that give this guy money are fools. I dunno if dude is a few frys short of a happy meal or what but he’s definitely not the brightest bulb at Home Depot. It takes about 10 hours total to do what he says takes him 364 days. Whoever said 1000 hours should be ashamed of themselves for thinking this bottom of the dumpster get together even took 10 hours to plan. Dude spent 60$ at kinkos for nametags and for personalized wristbands n got sponsors to pay for everything else. Pocketed and pissed through everyone’s cash and it finally crashed n burned in his face. I don’t even think the crew of loyal Gerardo dickriders
Is gonna be able to save him this time from fraudfestival19. Anybody that gives this guy money is an idiot and it’s your own fault if you get taken....you guys paid $300+ a couple for frozen meatballs n salad out of a bag ..... Spots now open for 2020 the household bills need to get paid !!!Are you ready??
How could you have attended last year's event if you joined TRF in July 2018?
Old 1 May 2019, 08:14 AM   #934
RobearH
Banned

Watch: 126710 BLRO
Quote:
Somebody with an axe to grinds burner account?

Agreed...not productive or entertaining?
Old 1 May 2019, 08:21 AM   #935
ltmgeller
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:

This post is completely uncalled for. You have been a member for less then a year but yet mentioned you were at last years WIS-CON which means you are either a troll, have multiple accounts, or have been previously banned. My first time experience was great and Gerardo went above and beyond to try to keep everyone happy. My feeling was the restaurant pulled a fast one by pouring the wine like it was a waterfall. I never asked for a single glass but they seemed to pour endlessly until the checks came. I can see how that could quickly add up. Your 1 time experience and reading a forum does not give you the knowledge or the right to write libelous statements or to insult others. If you can’t be nice, just leave the forum.
Old 1 May 2019, 08:32 AM   #936
cop414
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: 14060M
This kind of post will not be tolerated, goodbye.

Rolex Submariner 14060M
Omega Seamaster 2254.50
DOXA Professional 1200T

Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
TRF's "After Dark" Bar & NightClub Patron
P Club Member #17
2 FA ENABLED
Old 1 May 2019, 08:59 AM   #937
Bosbevok
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day Date 40 GMT II
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Ping Only View Post
The deposit was $150.

The dinner / wine charge was $72 per person at our table ($2120 divided by 28).

Other than a few dollars in tips for bartenders, that was the only added cost.

So for $222 you got to go to all the events and have a dinner with drinks?

See me at Bosbevok on YouTube
Old 1 May 2019, 09:17 AM   #938
ltmgeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cop414 View Post
This kind of post will not be tolerated, goodbye.

Tim, you are the man!
Old 1 May 2019, 09:28 AM   #939
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So for $222 you got to go to all the events and have a dinner with drinks?

That's what it certainly sounds like. However like others said, its wasn't the money, it just seemed like it was chaotic and unexpected. Which, as we clearly are witnessing, has created all sorts of questions. I don't think there will be any closure on this matter. Just looks like it got away from the organizer. I'm sure that next years will be a lot better, I am considering attending.
Old 1 May 2019, 09:43 AM   #940
1st amg

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Just a question for those who attended...the people that walked out stiffed on the bill, did they ever make restitution or not? From an outsider, it seems that the stiffers added to the bills paid by the others who remained.
I am curious if anyone actually called G and paid for their part. I feel awful for G.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 1 May 2019, 09:47 AM   #941
ltmgeller

Back to what this thread should be about, the positives of WIS-CON.
I received the Roberto Coin Jewlery I purchased from the store attached to the AP boutique while we were there and was pleasantly surprised. The 2 necklaces came nicely packaged for my wife and daughter but there was a much larger something else. They gifted me what I can only describe as a quilted pocketbook, a travel umbrella, a gold portable phone charger, and 4 product brochures. I just got off the phone with the boutique to thank them. They were surprised to get a thank you call. The nice saleswoman I spoke with said she doesn’t usually get calls like this and was glad I called. I for one had a blast in Vegas and already reserved for next year. Just spending time with people as (watch) crazy as me was worth every cent of the trip.
Old 1 May 2019, 10:13 AM   #942
droptopman
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUBS and GMT's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltmgeller View Post
I received the Roberto Coin Jewlery I purchased from the store attached to the AP boutique while we were there and was pleasantly surprised. The 2 necklaces came nicely packaged for my wife and daughter but there was a much larger something else. They gifted me what I can only describe as a quilted pocketbook, a travel umbrella, a gold portable phone charger, and 4 product brochures. I just got off the phone with the boutique to thank them. They were surprised to get a thank you call. The nice saleswoman I spoke with said she doesn’t usually get calls like this and was glad I called. I for one had a blast in Vegas and already reserved for next year. Just spending time with people as (watch) crazy as me was worth every cent of the trip.

Very nice

Ty: By height.
Old 1 May 2019, 10:31 AM   #943
teqp
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116613LN
Quote:
I’m with you on that Mike! Some of us were lucky enough to get a chance to buy some nice watches! My shipment arrived today as well. It fits just right and can’t wait to take it outside in the sun. Atypical for SoCal we’ve had rain and clouds today. But the FedEx lady still delivered!

Thanks again Gerardo for the chance. I’m still excited!

We’ve all seen these boxes before.

But what is inside?
It turns out they left some tiny bits of stickers on the lower lugs.

I was able to quickly get them removed.

Old 1 May 2019, 10:36 AM   #944
-lenny-
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 👑
^^^Sweet pick up, congratulations!
Old 1 May 2019, 10:38 AM   #945
Halothane
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
*F*I*F*T*H***Anniversary VEGAS 2*0*1*9

Huge congrats on the Daytona. Looks great on you !

Old 1 May 2019, 10:39 AM   #946
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teqp View Post
I’m with you on that Mike! Some of us were lucky enough to get a chance to buy some nice watches! My shipment arrived today as well. It fits just right and can’t wait to take it outside in the sun. Atypical for SoCal we’ve had rain and clouds today. But the FedEx lady still delivered!

But what is inside?

Congrats!!
Old 1 May 2019, 10:40 AM   #947
Bosbevok
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day Date 40 GMT II
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingPlaces View Post
That's what it certainly sounds like. However like others said, its wasn't the money, it just seemed like it was chaotic and unexpected. Which, as we clearly are witnessing, has created all sorts of questions. I don't think there will be any closure on this matter. Just looks like it got away from the organizer. I'm sure that next years will be a lot better, I am considering attending.

It’s hard to understand what the problem is. Seems like it was a good trip for $222.

Old 1 May 2019, 10:50 AM   #948
RobearH
Banned

Watch: 126710 BLRO
Quote:

I’m still excited!

A thin strip of paper = a very lucky Trf’er...congrats.
Old 1 May 2019, 10:58 AM   #949
Rolex addict
Banned

Watch: me crash my bike
Quote:

But what is inside?

My package also arrived today, too. Quite a few stickers were left on it. Congrats again on the Daytona. Awesome pick up.
Old 1 May 2019, 11:14 AM   #950
ltmgeller

Quote:

But what is inside?

Congrats again Phil, that is a beauty. It was great meeting and hanging out with you.
Old 1 May 2019, 11:25 AM   #951
teqp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -lenny- View Post
^^^Sweet pick up, congratulations!
Thank youvery much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomalf123 View Post
Huge congrats on the Daytona. Looks great on you !

Awesome, I appreciate that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyz1245 View Post
Congrats!!
Thank you Sir!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobearH View Post
A thin strip of paper = a very lucky Trf’er...congrats.
Yes it does, but I'm happy it was me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex addict View Post
My package also arrived today, too. Quite a few stickers were left on it. Congrats again on the Daytona. Awesome pick up.
Thanks Buddy. I'm still happy I missed your new "watch" pics!
Quote:
Congrats again Phil, that is a beauty. It was great meeting and hanging out with you.
Thanks Mike. I hope the wife and daughter enjoyed their gifts as well. It was a blast hanging out with you!
Old 1 May 2019, 11:36 AM   #952
incontrol
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them...
Quote:
It’s hard to understand what the problem is. Seems like it was a good trip for $222.

Hypothetically, If you buy an item for $50 and when you go to pick it up, they ask for another $50, would that bother you?

Then, if it happens two more times, what would you do?

Reasonable questions being asked by reasonable people. It really doesn’t matter if you had a good time or not, it is confusing and disheartening on many levels.

So the question is being asked by those that care and all we are looking for is a bit of transparency.

Old 1 May 2019, 11:52 AM   #953
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Quote:

I got mine tonight as well. Here she is (Tudor Heritage Advisor):

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Old 1 May 2019, 11:53 AM   #954
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post
Just a question for those who attended...the people that walked out stiffed on the bill, did they ever make restitution or not? From an outsider, it seems that the stiffers added to the bills paid by the others who remained.
I am curious if anyone actually called G and paid for their part. I feel awful for G.
That’s how I’m reading it too who does that kind of thing?

Anyway, from what I can decipher, I’d scrap the Friday meal and make it an open evening to plan whatever you want with whoever you want. Sounds like this isn’t the first time it’s happened.

G, chin up and better luck next year.
Old 1 May 2019, 11:54 AM   #955
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrolex View Post

Nice alarm watch.

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 1 May 2019, 11:54 AM   #956
ltmgeller

Quote:

Congrats on that beauty Sir, it was great meeting you.
Old 1 May 2019, 11:54 AM   #957
One Ping Only
"TRF" Member

Phil- the Daytona looks great! Congratulations.

Ed- great looking Tudor, enjoy it!
Old 1 May 2019, 11:58 AM   #958
teqp
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Ed, congrats on the beauty. I’m very happy for you and it looks great on your wrist. I hope you had a good time Saturday night at the wine event.
Old 1 May 2019, 11:59 AM   #959
teqp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Ping Only View Post
Phil- the Daytona looks great! Congratulations.

Ed- great looking Tudor, enjoy it!
Thanks Ken, I appreciate it.
Old 1 May 2019, 12:02 PM   #960
One Ping Only
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post

After those still present contributed, there was still $1700 outstanding.

My understanding is that it was paid by one generous individual, which means approximately 24 dine and dashers got off without paying any additional.