The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 19 August 2019, 11:16 AM   #1
Robtayham
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakerhodes View Post
I bought the watch , I thought they were sending overnight...but actually sent 2 day shipping. I left town for a long vacation and didn’t get the watxh until weeks after I paid for it bc I wasn’t home.

I did look at some reviews etc and I saw they had a few issues or shorting people a few links and stuff but nothing like this.

I thought the risk was quite low but I did opt to use my Amex through PayPal instead of bank wire , giving myself 2 avenues if anything bad happened.

Rolex service center doesn’t really offer authentication services. They fix watches and if you have a specific concern that would require a repair they will look at it. They DO NOT offer any letters or documentation if they view something as fake.. they simply tell you it’s not real. I asked 4 times for this and was told they absolutely do not do this. Swisswatchexpo has been trying to say that Rolex does offer documentation , they refused it to me at that dallas rsc.
Just so you know, the point I was making was these second hand dealers do not have our best interests in mind. If something goes wrong, they’ll say: ‘oh, I didn’t know, send it in for a refund’. For them, it’s just a cost of doing business. Since we know they are protecting themselves, we have to make sure we protect ourselves. Too much money involved. They count on not everyone catching it soon enough to get a refund.
Old 19 August 2019, 11:36 AM   #2
Blakerhodes
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 gilt chapter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robtayham View Post
Just so you know, the point I was making was these second hand dealers do not have our best interests in mind. If something goes wrong, they’ll say: ‘oh, I didn’t know, send it in for a refund’. For them, it’s just a cost of doing business. Since we know they are protecting themselves, we have to make sure we protect ourselves. Too much money involved. They count on not everyone catching it soon enough to get a refund.
Yea I agree. I think they are just hoping it’s years down the road before the buyer finds out. Then they will say well it was legit when we sold it.. too late to do anything now.

Was my mistake, there are some amazing trusted sellers here and I reached out to several of the ones I know .. nobody had the watch at that particular time. I didn’t do enough research on the sellers , I believed what they were saying and I shouldn’t have. Live and learn I guess , I got the refund ...others probably won’t from them. Hopefully this helps future customers avoid those guys.
Old 20 August 2019, 03:13 AM   #3
Robtayham
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakerhodes View Post
Yea I agree. I think they are just hoping it’s years down the road before the buyer finds out. Then they will say well it was legit when we sold it.. too late to do anything now.

Was my mistake, there are some amazing trusted sellers here and I reached out to several of the ones I know .. nobody had the watch at that particular time. I didn’t do enough research on the sellers , I believed what they were saying and I shouldn’t have. Live and learn I guess , I got the refund ...others probably won’t from them. Hopefully this helps future customers avoid those guys.
My comments were meant to be a commentary on the secondhand market resellers. Not you. We all use the terms Trusted Seller; Greys; flippers; and assume they have our best interests in mind. They don’t. Not at all.

There’s got to be a better way to ferret out the bad ones. Maybe a Yelp-type solution for these individuals as its own TRF sub-forum. So, while it won’t stop the malicious ‘bad review’; it will balance it out with other good reviews.
Old 20 August 2019, 03:31 AM   #4
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robtayham View Post

There’s got to be a better way to ferret out the bad ones. Maybe a Yelp-type solution for these individuals as its own TRF sub-forum. So, while it won’t stop the malicious ‘bad review’; it will balance it out with other good reviews.

There could be a better way to rate resellers.

But if you are referring to those outside TRF, Steve has written rules to not bring those disputes here. So creating a sub-forum isn’t likely.

Besides, they get derailed so quickly. This thread is an example - there have been so many OT comments we are losing the point.

Did SWE sell a sketchy Daytona or not?
Did they refund the buyer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Closed Thread