The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 13 January 2010, 01:02 AM   #31
Ashley
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentine View Post
calm down, sweetheart...I know its a touchy subject for you...but REMEMBER, just like tattoos, piercings, etc....some things just arent going to change as far as then being considered "okay"...there will always be conservatice people that are going to have a strong opinion on ANY topic...and we have to be OKAY with that...the first step in changing a stereotype is NOT to challenge those who oppose, but rather to SHOW them..but some people's minds cannot be changed..so we agree to disagree but we find SOME common ground and try not to make war over something silly... I KNOW there are people all over the world that disagree with what I do for a living..but regardless...I find common ground somewhere...and show them that I LOVE them as another human being, regardless...you know HOW I FEEL ABOUT YOU ASH, and you know Im behind you 100 percent..but dont let others opinions get you so riled up...they are entitled to that opinion. let them have that much...and maybe...just maybe one day a pitbull will come lick them in the face and they may say...'hey...know what? i still dont like em...but THAT ONE is okay"...just gotta hope for the best. i miss ya, ash...

Thanks, Justin. You are a stand-up person.
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2010, 01:09 AM   #32
Safetrends
Banned

Watch: my hand. :)
I have a an attack cat does that count as being dangerous?

:r ofl:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0000035793_20061116111119.jpg (55.4 KB, 82 views)
Safetrends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2010, 02:16 AM   #33
cosimo
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT blue sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_Precision View Post
I think this thread is symptomatic of many social ills in our society. That ill philosophy being, one group knowing better than another, and the right of that certian group to limit the rights of another.

Pitbulls? Great Danes? Poisonous fish? What about guard dogs? What about security guards with guns? What about everyday citizens with guns?

Owners should be held more accountable for the actions of their animals. Otherwise where do you end the limitation?

Our society has lost the concept of personal responsibility. If an owner served jail time for a dog attack, I think the "problem" would take care of itself.

The concept of personal responsibility has almost completely disappeared.

BTW, I think your avitar should be extinct.
cosimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2010, 02:51 AM   #34
JBat
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16610, DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
No. They should not. If you do a research on pit bulls and my name, you will see a thread from April that pretty much divided the forum.
If you kill off pit bulls, kill off German Shepherds, Rottweilers, Dobermans, Boxers, and all other "mean-looking" dogs.
Ridiculous.
Thank you, Ashley, for being the voice of reason. What's disgusting is the ignorance that rears its ugly head every single time this topic comes up.
JBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2010, 02:52 AM   #35
JBat
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
Why don't we euthanize the stupid owners that train their dogs to be mean, fight and kill! Sorry if I offended any dogs making this statement.
Now that's a good idea!
Old 13 January 2010, 03:01 AM   #36
Omega_Precision
Banned

Watch: ing basketball
The pit bull has no place in the modern society. The breed was trained to bait bulls and kill. In my opinion, it's not wise to domesticate a breed that was meant to kill.

Would you pet a hungry poodle or a hungry Pit?.....all things being equal and lets say they were both treated poorly by the owner.

The pit bull is unpredictable in all circumstances and even more dangerous when raised by bad owners.....
Omega_Precision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2010, 03:12 AM   #37
cosimo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The pit bull has no place in the modern society. The breed was trained to bait bulls and kill. In my opinion, it's not wise to domesticate a breed that was meant to kill.

Would you pet a hungry poodle or a hungry Pit?.....all things being equal and lets say they were both treated poorly by the owner.

The pit bull is unpredictable in all circumstances and even more dangerous when raised by bad owners.....
The boxer,the english bulldog, the bull terrier (spuds Mckenzie, Target) were also bred for bull baiting.

There are alot of things that have no place in modern society, yet limiting further the right of the individual to choose is not the answer.

BTW, the standard poodle can weigh in at well over 90 pounds, I wouldnt pet either hungry, mal treated dog.
Old 13 January 2010, 03:16 AM   #38
BarkMaster
"TRF" Member

Watch: 18078 YG DD
Quote:
Dachshunds were bred to hunt badgers. So by your argument, we should exterminate them?
Old 13 January 2010, 03:17 AM   #39
DSJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: your step!
DSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2010, 03:17 AM   #40
onkyo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokyuryoku View Post
I say shoot the owners not the dogs. Just my
x2.... I have met many very nice pitbulls always with good owners.

And then bad pitbulls with very bad owners.
onkyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2010, 03:21 AM   #41
JBat
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Well, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. It just happens to be wrong. I've owned pit bulls and know how great they are.

Have you?
Old 13 January 2010, 03:22 AM   #42
JBat
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosimo View Post
The boxer,the english bulldog, the bull terrier (spuds Mckenzie, Target) were also bred for bull baiting.

There are alot of things that have no place in modern society, yet limiting further the right of the individual to choose is not the answer.

BTW, the standard poodle can weigh in at well over 90 pounds, I wouldnt pet either hungry, mal treated dog.
That's right.
Old 13 January 2010, 03:23 AM   #43
JBat
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onkyo View Post
x2.... I have met many very nice pitbulls always with good owners.

And then bad pitbulls with very bad owners.
And bad Poodles. And Labs. And German Shepherds. And Dachsunds. Etc, etc, etc.
Old 13 January 2010, 03:29 AM   #44
BarkMaster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBat View Post
And bad Poodles. And Labs. And German Shepherds. And Dachsunds. Etc, etc, etc.
Leave my wife's dachsund out of this. It's a harmful hunting dog.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg daisywsnake.jpg (63.5 KB, 68 views)
Old 13 January 2010, 03:30 AM   #45
JBat
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
Adorable!
Old 13 January 2010, 03:32 AM   #46
B Square
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Adorable!
X10
B Square is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2010, 03:35 AM   #47
Ashley
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I have experienced more mean poodles than pit bulls. They may look cuddly (to some, I'd rather cuddle with something that isn't a big fuzzball) but they can be mean, and very stubborn.

Why is it only pit bulls that you think should be mass executed? If it is because you value human life more than a dog's life, there have been many maulings by dogs other than pits. Like I said, the ever-popular, friendly, beloved golden lab attacked me and I have the stitches in my face to prove it. Any dog can go bad. Pit bulls just get the worst publicity.
Old 13 January 2010, 03:38 AM   #48
cosimo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
That dog looks like a killer!!! exterminate it before it develops tendencies! Peoples ankles are at risk!!
Old 13 January 2010, 03:53 AM   #49
CoopJr
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subs
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosimo View Post
Our society has lost the concept of personal responsibility.
The concept of personal responsibility has almost completely disappeared.

BTW, I think your avitar should be extinct.
Sadly I must agree, it is almost lost. And I'm surprised that avatar is still allowed....but that's just me
CoopJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2010, 03:55 AM   #50
AWATCH
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II
I am on the fence on this one if I can explain. There are some animals out there that are more aggressive then others and should be owned or cared for only by more responsible people.
Lets remember that all animals are indeed animals and can turn on you. with proper care and responsible ownership any animal can be had.
One of the exotic pets that was in our family for over 30 years was a monkey, yes it could and would bite and could cause serious damage to its surroundings. As long as we had him he was a good and loyal family member and we were willing and able to take care of him and safeguard others from him. Owning this type of animal is like having a chain around ones leg because of the responsibility, but we were willing to take it on. He died after a long and healthy life of plain old age.

Al
AWATCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2010, 03:56 AM   #51
CoopJr
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subs
Quote:
And German Shepherds.
The only dog that ever bit me. The neighbors GSD ripped my right arm open at the tricep when I was kid. All I was doing was walking by the house.

The dog should have been contained...the lady that owned her was a lazy (_!_)
CoopJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2010, 03:57 AM   #52
pz93c
"TRF" Member

Always wanted a dachsund.

Name it Lowrider.
pz93c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2010, 04:02 AM   #53
Taffi Abernathy
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT DJ, SS DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullyterrier View Post
All terriers are killing machines...That's what they were bred for... to kill, your Jack Russels, Airdales even your West Highlands.
But where do you draw the line? In the UK, along with a lot of Europe, the American Pit Bull Terrier is already being fazed out as they have to be sterilized. Along with any Pit Bull type of dog, and this means if you have a large cross breed dog with a large head it can be classed as a Pit Bull type and destroyed.

Even if you destroy every Pit Bull, the half brains that have them as attack dogs will use some other large breed dog, and then start cross breeding them with the nastiest tempered dogs they can find.

Have a look at Cesar Millan's Pit Bulls, which were to be destroyed for being dangerous dogs, and you will see soft, gentle dogs that live alongside many other dogs of different breeds and sizes. Why because they get plenty of exercise and are treated like dogs by a responsible owner.

I myself have learned some valuable tips Cesar Millan but nonetheless many veterinary associations and schools frown upon his methods. At the University of Pennsylvania Veterinary School, most of the vets have been very vocal about his using an excess of force to train dogs. They have written to National Geographic in an attempt to apprise them of the dangers of Millan's training methods which often incorporate questionable tactics such as the use of choke chains. Many veterinary institutions want his show cancelled but it appears it has only grown in popularity.
Old 13 January 2010, 04:05 AM   #54
BarkMaster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz93c View Post
Always wanted a dachsund.

Name it Lowrider.
That's a good one! I'll remember that one for next time.

My wife named hers "Ariel", but I nicknamed it Daisy, since I had a Golden/Chow mix named Roscoe (as in Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrain). The nickname stuck.

I nicknamed the neighbor's dog "Cletus".

You might be a redneck IF.... you name your pets for the characters from Dukes of Hazard.
Old 13 January 2010, 04:26 AM   #55
rolexgiants
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Well, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. It just happens to be wrong. I've owned pit bulls and know how great they are.

Have you?
well..... all i can say is willie mays was not the best player of all time.... lol...lol...lol.... just trying to break the tension here.....
rolexgiants is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2010, 04:28 AM   #56
Ashley
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexgiants View Post
well..... all i can say is willie mays was not the best player of all time.... lol...lol...lol.... just trying to break the tension here.....
When I read your post, I was thinking "Billy Mays" and I was like... "What did he play? Was he famous for anything other than selling stuf on infomercials?"

Then I actually READ what you said
Old 13 January 2010, 04:30 AM   #57
BarkMaster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexgiants View Post
just trying to break the tension here.....
You mean my picture didn't???
Old 13 January 2010, 04:34 AM   #58
sea-dweller
"TRF" Member

I would have to believe that pit bulls get a lot of "bad press". I've met some who were very sweet and I've met some so-called "sweet" dogs (labs, jack russells, etc) who have generally "good press" who were just awfully behaved.
TRF Member #6699 (since September 2007)
sea-dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2010, 04:45 AM   #59
HYDROMAROC
"TRF" Member

Watch: me pass...
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_rocks View Post
This thread is the same as POLITICS!
Should not be discussed at all, because of strong opinions on both sides!
Sorry.
Should be
If that's the case, there should be no "open discussion thread" section. Don't want to offend ANYONE...
HYDROMAROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2010, 04:50 AM   #60
Widows Son
"TRF" Member

I've had sporting dogs all my life. Setters, and Labs mostly. Never hunted with them, and never trained them. My setter would do the classic "Point" on occasion when we were out walking in the fields. My Lab will dive in freezing water and retrieve sticks, swim back to me, and drop them at my feet. He will do this to exhaustion. Hmmmmm...anyone here like to argue that some breeds are prone to certain traits even without any training????Maybe they do it without much thought???Hmmmm...Maybe a Pit Bull instinctively latches onto something and won't let go?????Sometimes that a child's arm, or a mail man's leg. Doesn't seem real difficult to understand, at least not to me.

Last edited by Widows Son; 13 January 2010 at 04:51 AM.. Reason: spelling
Widows Son is offline   Reply With Quote