The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23 March 2010, 03:23 AM   #11
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
just to repeat from another thread, a salesperson at the rolex store here in paris (not an AD; direct Rolex store) said that the crown test was bogus and that there should be no difference between the two in this respect. this is the same person who said that one should never trust forums, so, you know, take his comment with a grain of salt....LOL.....

i tried the test and my M series watch made 8 revolutions. i don't have an older 3185 to compare it against, so i decided to have the horlogist open it up to confirm and certify which movement it is. if it comes back a 3186, then either the crown test is valid or it's just a pleasant coincidence. if it's a 3185, i'll be sure to post a follow up.

just to follow up, i just got off the phone with the store and they confirmed the 3186 movement. so, it looks like the crown test lives to see another day!! and, despite the salesperson's statements to the contrary, the advice on this forum is not "bogus"! well done. thanks.