The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 16 December 2010, 02:46 AM   #1
Kapture1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ω 3570.50.00
New to Omega, Looking at the Planet Ocean

I cant stop thinking about it, figured it would be better if I had one on my wrist, so I'm 99% sure that the PO will be my next watch. Looking to pick it up in the next few months, and I have read several reviews of the watch online, and have seen overall very positive feedback.

What should I expect to pay for used?

Obviously condition is a factor, but say for Brand New in Box, or Mint, to Slightly Used and so on.

Thanks for your help

Matt

EDIT: I have done some research and found prices anywhere from 2200 used up to like 3600 for Brand New out of the store, Im looking I guess to make sure those are fair prices, what I would expect to pay at an AD (cause the nearest Omega dealer is over an hour away) vs what I could expect to pay here for slightly used.

Wash out this tired notion that the best is yet to come
Kapture1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2010, 03:36 AM   #2
Mike B
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD, Omega SMP
The PO is a great choice. I would also contact Fr. John for info. on his AD (I bought my PO from him a few years ago).

Depending on what model you want (and size) the price can differ a little. A 45.5MM PO with all of the papers, box etc. used in good condition can be around $2100+. New, it depends on that specific AD.

I LOVE my PO. Although, it doesn't get the amount of wrist time my SMP gets. It has a nice wrist presence, with a great modern look. It can also take anything you throw at it. MUCH better value then a Sub. IMO.

My suggestion would be to go to your local Omega AD, and try on a bunch of different PO's (both 45.5 and the 42MM versions) just to see which model you like best. THEN contact Fr. John's AD :)
Mike B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2010, 03:59 AM   #3
dieseldragon
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ω & ♛
Mine is in the post, an orange 42mm, so when it arrives I will let you know!

I have had various submariners and various Omegas, so I should be able to give you a balanced review. I also read all the reviews and after being so impressed by my SMP, I decided it was time to get one.
Old 16 December 2010, 04:08 AM   #4
psv
"TRF" Member

You will be able to find an AD giving you at least 30% off on those PO's, perhaps even 40% if you are a good negotiator, so at that point you are getting pretty close to the $2000-2200 you'll pay for a minty used one.

Unless you find a really good deal I'd rather pick up a piece with full warranty.

Regardless, great choice, it is a very nice EDC piece, especially the 42mm one.
psv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2010, 04:28 AM   #5
Kapture1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ω 3570.50.00
Good to know, I didnt expect 2000-2200 for New.

Sweet.

I am looking more towards the 42mm (black)

Wash out this tired notion that the best is yet to come
Kapture1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2010, 04:39 AM   #6
newmedia
"TRF" Member

I have PO 45mm coming in couple days from same person who I bought "V" serial sub date , He call me couple days ago asking if I was willing to trade the Rolex back to him for his two nice , less than year old watches. I said why not.

This will be My first PO and 48mm corum, I needed more diversity as in shape and dials in My watch collection.

wiil post photos on Friday.
newmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2010, 09:54 AM   #7
king1412
"TRF" Member

Fr. John's AD is no longer an Omega authorized dealer. Lost his AD status in 2009. Other ADs should be able to give you 30% off. I got 30% off two PO LM.
king1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2010, 10:10 AM   #8
Mike B
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD, Omega SMP
Quote:
Originally Posted by king1412 View Post
Fr. John's AD is no longer an Omega authorized dealer. Lost his AD status in 2009. Other ADs should be able to give you 30% off. I got 30% off two PO LM.
Wow, I didn't know that :(

Well, you learn something new everyday !
Mike B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2010, 10:50 AM   #9
jmsrolls
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by king1412 View Post
He still has a very large inventory and all come with valid Omega warranties.

He foresaw that Omega would be terminating all ADs so he stocked up and is buying up former AD's inventories. It is a good thing as SwatchUSA has allocated all Planet Oceans to company Boutiques. If an AD does not have a PO in stock, he cannot get one from Secaucus.

Omega warranties follow the watch and not the seller or purchaser. If the watch came with an International Warranty card bearing the name of a current or former AD, Omega will honor it within the applicable warranty period.

I explain it like this: If you buy a GM car that was initially sold by a GM dealer who is no longer a GM dealer, GM will still honor the warranty. The same goes for Omega.

Fr. John†
jmsrolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2010, 12:18 PM   #10
inLine4
"TRF" Member

Watch: GSAR
You won't regret the Planet Ocean. I've had mine for a little over a year now and it has gone thru hell and it still looks like new. Good luck!
Old 16 December 2010, 12:35 PM   #11
psv
"TRF" Member

The MSRP on a 42mm one with leather strap is what? $3,800? If you take 30% off that you'll be at $2,660. Now if you can scrap a couple of % more then you'll be pretty close to a used watch price.
psv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2010, 02:18 PM   #12
RXPete
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psv View Post
You will be able to find an AD giving you at least 30% off on those PO's, perhaps even 40% if you are a good negotiator, so at that point you are getting pretty close to the $2000-2200 you'll pay for a minty used one.

Unless you find a really good deal I'd rather pick up a piece with full warranty.

Regardless, great choice, it is a very nice EDC piece, especially the 42mm one.
40% is very ambitious. I think you may be looking at more like 2900 for a new one. Good luck. It's a beautiful watch.
OMEGA SMP 300 GMT "Great White"2538.20 &"Electric Blue"2255.80
OCEAN7 LM-3
RXPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2010, 03:50 PM   #13
diablo982
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by RXPete View Post
40% is very ambitious. I think you may be looking at more like 2900 for a new one. Good luck. It's a beautiful watch.
I concur with the 40% being ambitious but I guess there might be someone out there looking to move their stock. I was recently hunting for the "best price" on a 42mm PO. The best I came up with 30% and 32%; ironically both from locations in the DC Metro area.

I also stopped by our new Omega Boutique and as you might expect, they are going at full-retail price. But today I did receive an Omega hand-written "Season's Greetings" card in the mail and I didn't even buy from them, nor would I for those prices!
diablo982 is offline   Reply With Quote