The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 14 February 2012, 08:00 AM   #1
ELITEVIDEOGAMES
"TRF" Member

Watch: me sell games
Need/want to buy a new car, what suits my Black SUBC best?

I am leaning heavy towards a

2012 Jeep Wrangler Arctic edition (with big black tires)

Anyone a wrangler fans / owners out there? I have always admired them but always went luxury car route in my past. I think i want to try something rugged and fun. (ill be 29 in a couple months)
Any other suggestions worth test driving?
ELITEVIDEOGAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2012, 08:16 AM   #2
esm
"TRF" Member

Watch: this, bro...
Icon10

Excuse me for asking the obvious question - what will do if you a) sold the 116610LN or b) got another watch, say TT DJ... What will happen to the car you bought to suit the 116610LN?

(I personally quite like the Wrangler, if that counts for anything)
esm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2012, 08:52 AM   #3
ELITEVIDEOGAMES
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esm View Post
Excuse me for asking the obvious question - what will do if you a) sold the 116610LN or b) got another watch, say TT DJ... What will happen to the car you bought to suit the 116610LN?

(I personally quite like the Wrangler, if that counts for anything)

LOL I know, the whole what car goes with my watch is more of a joke. I just wanted to see if there were any Jeep fans out there.
I actually have a TT DJII black face with Roman numerals.
Old 14 February 2012, 08:59 AM   #4
mboverst
"TRF" Member

I purchased a loaded '12 Rubicon in black last month...loving it! The new engine and tech inside makes it much more attractive than the previous editions.

I say go for it! I find myself driving it more and more. It's a ton of fun to drive and can double as a daily driver as opposed to the older ones.
mboverst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2012, 09:26 AM   #5
nauticajoe
"TRF" Member

I always loved Jeep. Awesome in the snow, considering where I'm coming from. I had a Grand Cherokee in my single days but, like you, switched over to the German side.

Go for it! You only live once.
nauticajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2012, 09:53 AM   #6
ELITEVIDEOGAMES
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboverst View Post
I purchased a loaded '12 Rubicon in black last month...loving it! The new engine and tech inside makes it much more attractive than the previous editions.

I say go for it! I find myself driving it more and more. It's a ton of fun to drive and can double as a daily driver as opposed to the older ones.

The new engine is indeed more attractive, it's the reason I started to consider one.

Question: how close to edmunds invoice were you able to negotiate?

I have read in some places that people can even buy a couple thousand under invoice? Possible? I would obviously like to negotiate the best price.
Msrp is a tad over 35k on a fully loaded automatic arctic edition.
Old 14 February 2012, 10:14 AM   #7
F&Iguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: EXP 39mm
JEEPS are cool and you should be able to buy one very close to invoice and there web site shows 0%X36 months. good luck
F&Iguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2012, 10:43 AM   #8
NYC6
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUBMARINER 14060M
Had a 98 Cherokee Laredo. Gave me 189,000 miles mostly trouble free.

XLVI Super Bowl Champs NY Giants
NYC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2012, 10:46 AM   #9
Rsvrider
"TRF" Member

Watch: It cming frm above
I think they are great, if I was to buy one it would have to be Rhino lined. Just like the new colors for MercedesBenz the Rhino jeeps look great in that flat grayish color. Plus I must say having a car like that is soooo easy to take care of. I own a LandCruiser that is Monstalined in OD green and blacked out. It's my bug out vehicle but I tend to drive it a lot just bc I don't care if it's raining or I'm parked too close or whatever. Check them out!
"The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday"

Last edited by Rsvrider; 14 February 2012 at 11:16 AM.. Reason: Ipad spelled for me different words, horrible software
Rsvrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2012, 10:52 AM   #10
mboverst
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELITEVIDEOGAMES View Post
The new engine is indeed more attractive, it's the reason I started to consider one.

Question: how close to edmunds invoice were you able to negotiate?

I have read in some places that people can even buy a couple thousand under invoice? Possible? I would obviously like to negotiate the best price.
Msrp is a tad over 35k on a fully loaded automatic arctic edition.
I don't remember the exact number, but I hammered him for a while trying to get the best price. It was pretty close to sticker though, and my dealer sold 10 that week...he had no reason to back down. They have one of the best resale values out of any car, so no matter where you get it, I doubt you'll lose too much (in the car world anyway).

Let me look it up tomorrow and I'll PM you what I paid. They do have 36 months free money, so you're crazy not to take it. I tried the 'I'll pay cash' deal, and he didn't bite, so I opted free money instead.
mboverst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2012, 12:41 PM   #11
z32turbo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Varies
Quote:
I don't remember the exact number, but I hammered him for a while trying to get the best price. It was pretty close to sticker though, and my dealer sold 10 that week...he had no reason to back down. They have one of the best resale values out of any car, so no matter where you get it, I doubt you'll lose too much (in the car world anyway).

Let me look it up tomorrow and I'll PM you what I paid. They do have 36 months free money, so you're crazy not to take it. I tried the 'I'll pay cash' deal, and he didn't bite, so I opted free money instead.
I agree. The Wrangler is one of the models with the best resale value out there.

Instagram @z32turbo
z32turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2012, 12:41 PM   #12
z32turbo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Varies
I say go for it!!

Instagram @z32turbo
z32turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2012, 01:31 PM   #13
ELITEVIDEOGAMES
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Thanks , appreciate it. Agree about the 36 months at 0% why not if they are willing.
Old 14 February 2012, 05:42 PM   #14
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Black 34 GTR.

Or is that too much black?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resize of IMGP2047.jpg (121.3 KB, 288 views)

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2012, 11:26 PM   #15
Rsvrider
"TRF" Member

Found a pic of a Sahara Line-X. I think its awesome. Like I said mine was Monstalined and you have no idea how great it is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BEAST1.jpg (121.5 KB, 273 views)
File Type: jpg beast.jpg (113.3 KB, 273 views)
File Type: jpg images.jpg (9.6 KB, 271 views)
File Type: jpg images-1.jpg (10.7 KB, 272 views)
Old 14 February 2012, 11:40 PM   #16
Rsvrider
"TRF" Member

Very small pics, sorry
Check the vid:
http://youtu.be/4jjDDZuO2HI
Old 14 February 2012, 11:48 PM   #17
esm
"TRF" Member

Watch: this, bro...
Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
Black 34 GTR.

Or is that too much black?
does it have ceramic brakes?
esm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2012, 12:03 AM   #18
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Bought this one in December and haven't even thought about driving my XFR. I say go for it, man!

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2012, 12:36 AM   #19
rolexgiants
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post
Bought this one in December and haven't even thought about driving my XFR. I say go for it, man!

Looks real nice!!!! How is the ride???
rolexgiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2012, 12:50 AM   #20
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexgiants View Post
Looks real nice!!!! How is the ride???
Surprisingly great. And I am used to cars with good handling. It's a bit slow to pick up speeds at high RPM's, but unless you're driving a Turbo Cayenne, that's to be expected.

And I absolutely love the back view:

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2012, 01:27 AM   #21
RJK
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out for that tree!
Kinda long, but there's a review in there somewhere,

I had a '93 TK Wrangler for 13 yrs with over 150K miles on it. It got totaled, or rather considered totaled by insurance, and I got $6500 for it. I paid $14,500 brand new in 1993.

After that I got a 2004 Volvo S60R (new). It was a sweet ride. I wanted something more "comfortable" than the Jeep I had that had power nothing, no ABS, no AC, no DST, no third brake light, etc...It was really a Jeep and I 4-wheeled the $hit out of it.

The Volvo power, handling, etc.. was sweet. It went an indicated 157mph on a stretch of road that I won't mention

The downside of normal driving it that with the 40 profile tires, you had to watch every pot hole and imperfection on the road or risk a flat or bent rim. I HATED THAT!!!

I finally got rid of the Volvo after 80,000 when my rear wheel bearings needed replacing. $1400!!!...for two bearings. They also told me that at 90K, I'd need the normal full service, which would be close to 1K.

No way was I going to pay that. I went back to a Wrangler after I got screwed in the trade (MSRP $45K+, trade-in value $12K after 6 yrs). Pretty much the max on KBB.

I bought a 2010 JK Rubicon 4-dr demo (loaded). It had to be manual. I've never owned an auto and although they've come a long way, I still prefer a stick off road.

I don't really care for the "leather" seats that came with it (optional, already on the demo). I can't tell you how many times with the top off I've come out to the car and it rained/down poured. There'd be an inch of water on the floor boards. Pop the drain plugs, flip the carpets back, put a towel on the seats, and you're good to go. I haven't gotten the leather seats wet yet, but I bet they take forever to dry.

The Penstar engine does seem to be a more efficient (better MPH) motor compared to previous versions, but until they stick a diesel in that rig, it's not that much of an improvement. I've never had a problem with the 'old' engine. I get about 21.5 mpg on the highway. Pretty good for something with the aerodynamics of a brick. I don’t believe there’s any real performance gain. If you want that put a Hemi in it.

Although maybe nice for the city, I don't care for all of the body colored matched body work. One thing I like about a Wrangler is that you don't have to care about scratching it. The more paint on it the more you'll worry about that. The only paint on older style is the hood, doors, and tail gate (which is generally covered by the wheel). If you ever take it wheeling, take off the doors, and there's almost nothing to scratch.

They're almost getting too nice to take off-road, but I suppose the reality is that 80-90% of Wranglers will never see a trail.

Oh I like that I can do simple maintenance on it also. You don't need a jack or any stands to change the oil (compared to a car) and it's all relatively easy to work on. Parts are cheap, and there are tons of after-market parts to pimp your ride.

I won't ever go back to a car....oh and my DSSD matches the dark gray body color also,

Rob

Rolex SD 126600, Seiko Golden Tuna SBBN 040, PAM 579, JLC Master Compressor Diving Chrono GMT NS in Yellow, DSSD, Sinn U1000S, Doxa T-Graph, Doxa 750 Caribbean, PAM 190 "8-Days", PAM 162,TT DJ (Left to me by Dad)
RJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2012, 10:15 AM   #22
Darlinboy
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: :hctaW
I love the Wrangler. Had a Sahara edition Wrangler a few years ago - gave it up when the kids came along in favor of a Honda Odessey.

Go for it!
Old 15 February 2012, 11:57 AM   #23
RRGHOST1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex TT SubC Blue
To go with that Sub,its got to be a Koenigsegg Agera in silver.
RRGHOST1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2012, 04:53 PM   #24
gwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD; 116610LN
My Corvette Silverado Z71 LTZ and my fiancé's 2009 SL550 look great with my SubC. You won't go wrong with any car and a Rolex.
gwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2012, 10:03 AM   #25
wardman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-c date
BMW 535GT - Space Gray Ext, Black Interior :-)
wardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2012, 10:06 AM   #26
tranny
Banned

Watch: 116509,A21330,MVQV
Go for it! Wranglers are awesome!
tranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2012, 11:12 AM   #27
ELITEVIDEOGAMES
"TRF" Member

Thanks for all the info! I started this thread in February and actually did end up buying a black on black 2012 sahara wrangler with all the extras. The truck is a blast to drive and pick up is not bad with the new 285hp engine. (definitely not as fast as my caddy sts or Nissan maxima were however) my first truck and I love it. I would love to post some pics but do I need to sign up for photo bucket or something similar for this site? Wish I could just upload strait from a file one my computer. o and it is definately a nice fit with my black subc lol..
Old 23 April 2012, 11:28 AM   #28
gmh1013
Banned

Watch: GMT
My only ride a Jeep was a few years back going to Sedona and lost my voice by the time we got there because the wind/rode noise was so high I had to shout to talk and I lost a kidney back on I-17 to boot.
I would prefer a 4 Runner or FJ Toyota.....but I like Toyota(s)
gmh1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2012, 12:41 PM   #29
Lisa
"TRF" Member

What do you think about the Toyota FJ? My husband has the trail edition - pretty good looking and rugged.

(Greg, I see you beat me to it...)

Here's another one, without the lifts, lights, racks or brush guards...

Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2012, 05:05 PM   #30
Demosthene
"TRF" Member

Does that licence plate really say menlove!
Demosthene is offline   Reply With Quote