The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 29 December 2018, 06:24 PM   #1
Laszlo
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Date & No Date
Thinking outside the box...

A week-and-a-half-ago I was driving home after work. It was around 6 PM PST. Skies were dark.

Waiting in traffic, I looked up, and saw the strangest contrail ever. It looked like a 747 at 45,000 ft, but it was completely dark out.

That's when it hit me, this is a re-entry vehicle of some sort. Straight, narrow and slow. Second thought. Branson testing!!

After a few minutes the contrail began to dissipate. It started moving in every which direction and eventually looked pretty spooky.

I called my wife and asked her to take our son to the back of the house that overlooks the ocean to see if they saw the spectacular.

Yup, exactly what I was seeing, but it was the aftermath. My wife simply said, "Let's see what they say on Nextdoor."

As the night progressed, and as you can imagine, theories and stories abound. What was it? Well, later that evening NASA claims that it was a meteorite.

What? A meteorite? I saw it from the start, it was super slow... looked exactly like a shuttle entry during the day! 17,000 mph.

Then, how can NASA even use the word meteorite without having a tangible object in ones hands?

And to note, a meteor can hit our atmosphere at up to 160,000 mph, and streak across the sky in split seconds.

Not 5-minutes.

Anyway, this made West Coast headlines and continues to drive theories from my simple explanation (test vehicle) to NASA's crazy meteorite claim.

And that was it... until... the next morning...

Gatwick airport closes due to 'several' drones! Drones? They can't stop drones, at an Int'l airport? Not one, but more then one. Maybe two, maybe more. What? That's damned strange.

The story just seemed off. Now, I'm not a conspiracy theorist and have zero interests in wasting brain power on nonsense.

But I'm fairly intelligent and cannot ignore something that just seems too... correlated.

Anyway, I joked on TRF that what was going on at Gatwick were probes. Cool, right! Because in my head, I see an object entering our atmosphere (well of the West Coast say it), and the next morning, we have this crazy story coming out of the UK. If I 'wanted' to check something out, learn what 'we' are doing... I'd start with airports.

Then I started thinking about what Stephen Hawking said about 'us' reaching out to universe hoping to making a connection - and him saying when that happens... it'll be simple what happens next.

Think Hollywood summer blockbuster people. Seriously.

But that's not all. This goes back to just about a year and a half ago... right before Stephen passed away.

What happened before his death was the first interstellar object to enter our solar system - it passed at speeds not normalized for space junk, but also changed direction and speed and somehow defined the Sun's gravity. This is claimed.

It was the length of the Empire State Building but only millimeters thick!! What?? Let's use this instead - WTF!?

It's being claimed as a wind sail - and even Hawkins said when this object passed that it was possibly a probe. It's wasn't natural. Fact.

You see where I am going with this, right?

Now, let's go a little further.

NYC - just last night with a huge blue light so bright it could be seen from the entire tri-State area.

Jokes abound on social media of Alien Invasion because it was so WEIRD... with a quick Con Edison report following.

Listen, I lived in NYC for 10-years. I've seen Con Edison transformers and sub-stations do the nasty - and it never looked like that. Ever.

So what the hell was it?

Now, for the icing. 911 is now down for most of the US.

Why?

This has the pattern of a typical military psych invasion --- it's so obvious. But who? China? No way... Anyone else? Not a chance.

Too advanced.

This is clearly a test to see how we'll react.

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Laszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2018, 06:48 PM   #2
Laszlo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 29 December 2018, 07:29 PM   #3
Burlington
"TRF" Member

Time will tell us if we are alone or not.

But given the vastness of the universe (assuming there is just the one) it is highly probable we aren’t.

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2018, 07:31 PM   #4
Brew
"TRF" Member

New Years Eve party guests?
Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2018, 07:39 PM   #5
Laszlo

Haha, you guys are great. If I was going to invade I'd send a probe first. The wind sail is a good example. See what's happening on this crazy little planet of ours. If nothing happens, I'd check out the playbook and go to step 2. Drop a craft that can disperse drones to investigate our technology, our flying capabilities and our military reaction. Hmmm... (UK) that didn't go so well... They didn't really do anything at all. Do these people have an army whatsoever? Okay, how about I cause some sort of display over a MAJOR metropolitan city to see if 'maybe' that'll trigger some sort of response. Hmmmm… nothing. Wow, these people must be pretty secure or really, really stupid. Okay, how about next I take down the lifeline of life 911... and then...

Old 29 December 2018, 10:07 PM   #6
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
I buy your re-entry vehicle theory, but military spyware is more likely. The ability to go really fast, really high has been in the US portfolio for decades.

Gatwick was idiots disguised as bureaucrats over reacting to "reports" of drones or an internet meme of a MANPAD with an airport in the background.

I've seen arc flash in aqua, it's very cool from a distance. The EE's can weigh in on why it's that color (vaporizing copper maybe), but I think this one was amplified by low clouds dispersing the light in an eerie way.

As for aliens, they've been here for years. They have a hidden base on the moon. That's why NASA never goes there anymore.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2018, 11:00 PM   #7
J!m
"TRF" Member

Watch: this! Hold my beer
There you go
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg F18DB9F5-0ED9-4BA7-AC9A-F7A49A6F26CF.jpeg (111.6 KB, 45 views)
J!m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2018, 12:07 AM   #8
Romeojk

Watch: Submariner 114060
Maybe they’ve been here for a while and one of them hit the Tito’s a little too heavy this holiday season and has been causing a little stir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romeojk is offline   Reply With Quote