The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27 January 2019, 03:03 PM   #1
golfsc
"TRF" Member

I wasn't gonna buy a watch today, but...

I was at an AD with my wife today looking at lady's Cartier watches when I struck up a conversation with the salesperson about the difficulty getting SS Rolex watches. To my surprise the salesperson asked me what I wanted. I responded a Sub with no date. She said sure went to the back and offered me the watch at MSRP. She also showed a grey dial Yacht-Master that was also pretty sweet.

I had no intentions of buying a watch today but decided that this opportunity was too good to pass so I bought it.

We also got into a nice discussion about who gets selected to purchase these watches. It seems that the ADs really want to sell to local customers and at least in this case I think the rapport we developed really helped me. Seems they get calls from all over the country looking to buy these watches and they hate people flipping the watches. She also stated that she can spot a flipper a mile away.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sub2.jpg (68.6 KB, 1163 views)
File Type: jpg sub1.jpg (60.6 KB, 1165 views)
golfsc is offline   Reply With Quote