The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 May 2020, 10:15 AM   #1
Fedpete
"TRF" Member

High mileage 126710 Pepsi’s

Hi Guys-

I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.

I’m wondering if anybody has some high mileage Pepsi’s to post—those who have worn their Pepsi gmt as a daily piece or dare I say their beater(maybe that’s going too far!).

Stay safe all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2020, 10:20 AM   #2
icnbne
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Omega Seiko
im sure philippe dufours GMT2 is a beater
icnbne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2020, 01:29 PM   #3
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
Got mine in December of '18 and it's been worn more days than not. Goes mountainbiking on a regular basis.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 64766C1B-EC33-4FFC-9EED-4F7D5B91F1F7.jpeg (197.8 KB, 1074 views)
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2020, 05:57 PM   #4
watchmework
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO, 116600
I’ve had mine since July 2019 and have worn it every single day with the exception of one week...the watch still looks in pristine condition with the exception of the clasp. The super jubilee does a crazy good job at hiding scratches honestly, it’s the perfect every day all around watch for me.

watchmework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2020, 06:04 PM   #5
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedpete View Post
Hi Guys-

I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.

I’m wondering if anybody has some high mileage Pepsi’s to post—those who have worn their Pepsi gmt as a daily piece or dare I say their beater(maybe that’s going too far!).

Stay safe all!

Why would not anyone wear any Rolex daily its just a watch to tell the time on the wrist nothing more.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2020, 10:28 PM   #6
Fedpete
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Why would not anyone wear any Rolex daily its just a watch to tell the time on the wrist nothing more.

Are you wearing it with abandonment as a true tool and don’t give a shit about the beating it takes or is it something that is coddled?

Is this better for you?

Old 14 May 2020, 10:53 PM   #7
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by icnbne View Post
im sure philippe dufours GMT2 is a beater
He's an old man, I doubt his watch sees real wear & tear.
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2020, 11:02 PM   #8
schoolboy
Banned

Watch: 116234
Quote:

Peter, when I was new to the forum, some of your responses seemed very rude and careless.

But as my watch “maturity” has increased...

I find myself agreeing with you more and more.

I just wanted to get that off my chest.

And I agree 100000%

It’s a watch.

Just wear it. Hardly anybody will notice it’s a Rolex, and no the whole world isn’t staring at your wrist when you walk out the door.
schoolboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2020, 11:21 PM   #9
Fedpete
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
Peter, when I was new to the forum, some of your responses seemed very rude and careless.

And I agree 100000%

It’s a watch.

Just wear it. Hardly anybody will notice it’s a Rolex, and no the whole world isn’t staring at your wrist when you walk out the door.

Lol. You and Peter are deep into your micro worlds huh? You think people who spend 7-15k on a Rolex just treat it like a Timex and it’s just a watch to them. Lmao.

For most individuals it’s an aspirational item and I would dare say most don’t beat the hell out of them. Thus the entire world of cases and winders and safes that’s exist.

I hope you’re both enjoying your $18 dollar Four Season lattes in Monte Carlo right now. Unbelievably out of touch.

Old 14 May 2020, 11:25 PM   #10
Fedpete
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmework View Post
I’ve had mine since July 2019 and have worn it every single day with the exception of one week...the watch still looks in pristine condition with the exception of the clasp. The super jubilee does a crazy good job at hiding scratches honestly, it’s the perfect every day all around watch for me.

Great shot!

Old 14 May 2020, 11:28 PM   #11
dnpina
Banned

Watch: 126610 LV
Quote:

And I agree 100000%

It’s a watch.

I agree it is just a watch. But there are also posts on this forum about scratches, laser welding, cape cod cloths and tiny plastic scratch applique protection. I think OP was just looking to engage the community and enjoy seeing some well worn watches in action. I'm not inconvenienced by his enthusiasm for the brand and I also hope to see some great pics like the mountain biking photo.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
dnpina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2020, 11:32 PM   #12
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Lol. You and Peter are deep into your micro worlds huh? You think people who spend 7-15k on a Rolex just treat it like a Timex and it’s just a watch to them. Lmao.

For most individuals it’s an aspirational item and I would dare say most don’t beat the hell out of them. Thus the entire world of cases and winders and safes that’s exist.

I hope you’re both enjoying your $18 dollar Four Season lattes in Monte Carlo right now. Unbelievably out of touch.

Not out of touch is not a Rolex just a watch,and those who buy Rolex watches surely bought them to wear, or do they buy to wrap them up in cotton wool.Myself wear my 6263 quite regular and when I was working on the dive boats my Subs and SDs had a very hard life, but they were bought as working tools and not like today's mainly pampered watches.All watches no matter the price should be worn and in wearing hopefully dont get banged around to much.But if they do get scratched which is a fact of wearing any watch.Easily remedied at normal routine service when watch will be as good as new only to get scratched again and again.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2020, 11:43 PM   #13
Fedpete
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnpina View Post
I agree it is just a watch. But there are also posts on this forum about scratches, laser welding, cape cod cloths and tiny plastic scratch applique protection. I think OP was just looking to engage the community and enjoy seeing some well worn watches in action. I'm not inconvenienced by his enthusiasm for the brand and I also hope to see some great pics like the mountain biking photo.

Thank you. Chrissake you have to be in total denial to believe that people don’t baby these things with the countless threads mentioned above.

Beating the shit out of a 10k item is pretty anamoulos and somewhat cool to see.

Old 14 May 2020, 11:46 PM   #14
schoolboy
Banned

Quote:

I do agree with you, it is an aspirational item. Mine is very special to me too, I had to save up for it, and that took work and discipline.

But I do wear my watch, every single day, because I want to enjoy the hell out of it, and I want it to enjoy being my life partner as well.

Don’t get me wrong, my first Rolex, a 116613lb, I loved it. But I didn’t wear the watch, the watch wore me.

I was so scared of scratching it, I would check the timing on it frequently, check for any new scratches...

I was a mess.

I sold it (for other reasons) bought a Datejust, and this time around, I wear the watch, the watch doesn’t wear me.

I just don’t want owners being like I was with my first watch, because then you don’t actually enjoy it for what it is, a watch that can take a beating.

Check out my thread called “Rolex after work”

I tried basically the same thing that you tried. I tried starting a thread where people could post pics of a well worn, dirty watch.

Hardly anyone has replied :(

Most users are probably being like me with my first watch, and that is just sad.

Also, you were probably being sarcastic, but, I don’t drink coffee, and i am not rich.

When you said “monte Carlo” I thought you meant the car from Chevrolet. That didn’t make sense, so I looked it up. Seems like a fancy place hahaha
Old 14 May 2020, 11:48 PM   #15
schoolboy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnpina View Post

True.

Check out my thread called “rolex after work”

Just looking for pics of dirty watches.

Something different to the threads you mentioned.
Old 14 May 2020, 11:49 PM   #16
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmework View Post

Damn that’s a great shot

Your point about the jubilee bracelet should not be overlooked. It really does help to mask everyday wear and tear.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2020, 11:54 PM   #17
Fedpete
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Not out of touch is not a Rolex just a watch,and those who buy Rolex watches surely bought them to wear, or do they buy to wrap them up in cotton wool.Myself wear my 6263 quite regular and when I was working on the dive boats my Subs and SDs had a very hard life, but they were bought as working tools and not like today's mainly pampered watches.All watches no matter the price should be worn and in wearing hopefully dont get banged around to much.But if they do get scratched which is a fact of wearing any watch.Easily remedied at normal routine service when watch will be as good as new only to get scratched again and again.

Little confused Peter. You bust into the thread and leave a dick comment which after being here for a decade plus and seeing your comments is par for the course.

Now you’re seemingly back peddling it and mentioning “today’s mainly pampered watches.”

Be better Peter. Do some reflection if you’re quarantined.

Old 14 May 2020, 11:56 PM   #18
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Lol. You and Peter are deep into your micro worlds huh? You think people who spend 7-15k on a Rolex just t
reat it like a Timex and it’s just a watch to them. Lmao.

You’ll get a typically Canadian response from me (not that you asked) but I actually agree with you both.

Rolex is made to be worn, probably more so than most luxury brands. Why, because they are built like a tank. I’ve owned a few of the other brands, (not the high end horolgy stuff) but enough to know that a Rolex is built to take some abuse compared to the others. In that sense Peter is absolutely correct.

Where I will agree with you is that for most a Rolex is a significant sum of money and as such is treated with care.

So there you have it.

Btw, I’m Canadian / Swiss which really puts me right down the middle on most things
Old 15 May 2020, 12:07 AM   #19
YYR
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Reminds me of the time Me and my wife each got a coke at the bar on the beach at the Hyatt in Cannes, I actually think I fell off my feet when I saw the bill, if I remember correctly it was 18 euro for two cokes, I don’t think I left a tip
YYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2020, 12:10 AM   #20
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR View Post
Reminds me of the time Me and my wife each got a coke at the bar on the beach at the Hyatt in Cannes, I actually think I fell off my feet when I saw the bill, if I remember correctly it was 18 euro for two cokes, I don’t think I left a tip
Now that’s a story I can relate to ... new thread to follow
Old 15 May 2020, 12:11 AM   #21
Number3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Btw, I’m Canadian / Swiss which really puts me right down the middle on most things
That made me laugh.
Number3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2020, 12:14 AM   #22
YYR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Now that’s a story I can relate to ... new thread to follow
Lol! They asked me for proof of funds before they took my order!! JK
YYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2020, 12:22 AM   #23
Vipes
"TRF" Member

Icon14

Quote:
You’ll get a typically Canadian response from me (not that you asked) but I actually agree with you both.

Rolex is made to be worn, probably more so than most luxury brands. Why, because they are built like a tank. I’ve owned a few of the other brands, (not the high end horolgy stuff) but enough to know that a Rolex is built to take some abuse compared to the others. In that sense Peter is absolutely correct.

Where I will agree with you is that for most a Rolex is a significant sum of money and as such is treated with care.

So there you have it.

I like your response
Vipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2020, 12:25 AM   #24
watchmework
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO, 116600
Quote:
Damn that’s a great shot

Your point about the jubilee bracelet should not be overlooked. It really does help to mask everyday wear and tear.

Thanks Brian!
watchmework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2020, 01:12 AM   #25
Fedpete
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I do agree with you, it is an aspirational item. Mine is very special to me too, I had to save up for it, and that took work and discipline.

But I do wear my watch, every single day, because I want to enjoy the hell out of it, and I want it to enjoy being my life partner as well.

Don’t get me wrong, my first Rolex, a 116613lb, I loved it. But I didn’t wear the watch, the watch wore me.

I was so scared of scratching it, I would check the timing on it frequently, check for any new scratches...

I was a mess.

I sold it (for other reasons) bought a Datejust, and this time around, I wear the watch, the watch doesn’t wear me.

I just don’t want owners being like I was with my first watch, because then you don’t actually enjoy it for what it is, a watch that can take a beating.

I tried basically the same thing that you tried. I tried starting a thread where people could post pics of a well worn, dirty watch.

Most users are probably being like me with my first watch, and that is just sad.

Also, you were probably being sarcastic, but, I don’t drink coffee, and i am not rich.

When you said “monte Carlo” I thought you meant the car from Chevrolet. That didn’t make sense, so I looked it up. Seems like a fancy place hahaha

Thanks for the reply. I was of course being sarcastic and I am sorry I lumped you into my response to Peter.

Old 15 May 2020, 01:27 AM   #26
schoolboy
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I was of course being sarcastic and I am sorry I lumped you into my response to Peter.

It’s alright

By the way, just like you I like “high mileage” watches and cars.

I even had a shirt from valvoline motor oil that said “high mile club” and had an odometer graphic on it haha

Idk why I enjoy the wear and tear on things, but I’ve been like that since I was a kid

Let’s hope we get more pictures in this thread!

Old 15 May 2020, 06:10 AM   #27
Robbyman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona/Pepsi/Sub

Yep, mine has had some use daily.
Robbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2020, 06:28 AM   #28
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:

I was a mess.

Ha ha, Monti Carlo.
When I read that, I immediately thought of the Arnotts biscuits(Monti Carlo).
Then I had flashbacks of the last Superyacht I worked on whilst it was being built. She won her class at the show there
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2020, 06:40 AM   #29
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:

So there you have it.

Totally agreed
I also fully appreciate both sides of the equation and live with a foot firmly planted in both camps.
I have a DSSD that's my daily beater with dings and rather deep scratches that I'm sure Peter could identify with and others on the forum would be equally horrified at the sight of.
It's been serviced once to date but not polished, nor do I ever anticipate ever polishing it.

Then there's the D-blue my wife gave me for my wedding present which is well worn but still kept very pristine along with my other watches which are worn occasionally
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2020, 07:52 AM   #30
M45
Banned

You can either enjoy it or you can keep it pristine in a safe and have it one day go to someone who will enjoy it.
M45 is offline   Reply With Quote