The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 2 November 2020, 05:03 AM   #1
a1awan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blancpain Fifty Fa
Possible to replace bezel in these PO's?

Love the orange bezels on the Planet Oceans, especially the orange tone on the older ones with bezels made of aluminium.

Now that ceramic bezels are the way forward Omega and finally produced an orange bezels they have unfortunately decided to replace the black dial with a white one.

Was thinking of buying the 215.30.44.21.01.002

Then buy a bezel from the 215.30.44.21.04.001

And then have my Planet Ocean with orange ceramic bezel with a black dial:

So now the questions are:
1. can I be be sure that the orange bezel will fit into the 215.30.44.21.01.002?

2. do you like this mod?

Wish for qualified responses and not just thoughts....thanks in advance.
a1awan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2020, 10:33 AM   #2
a1awan
"TRF" Member

Icon5

A bit surprised that nobody in this forum were able to answer my question with a qualified answer....
Old 4 November 2020, 11:30 AM   #3
KBM
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Hi,

The cases are exactly the same, so I can't see why the bezels (inserts) wouldn't be interchangeable. However, Omega's spare parts have long been ever more tightly controlled, so the real question doesn't seem to be "if", but "how".
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2020, 11:51 AM   #4
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
I guess it depends on where you're located. Swatch Group Canada sells a lot of spare parts to the public. The only exception would seemingly be critical movement parts a watchmaker could use to service a watch they would rather come to them.

I bought a complete bezel for my 2225.80 a few months ago and they shipped it via FedEx.

My fingers are crossed you can buy the part you desire and have it installed by a watchmaker.

Also, Swatch no longer sold the aforementioned insert by itself and that's why I had to buy the complete bezel. It was around $400 CAD for mine.
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2020, 10:32 AM   #5
a1awan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBM View Post
Hi,

The cases are exactly the same, so I can't see why the bezels (inserts) wouldn't be interchangeable. However, Omega's spare parts have long been ever more tightly controlled, so the real question doesn't seem to be "if", but "how".
Thanks for your input. How sure can you and I be that the cases are exactly the same and the bezels are not different in any way?
Was worried the thread inside the bezel or on the case and the lock mechanism could be modified?
Old 10 November 2020, 10:38 AM   #6
a1awan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW16610 View Post
I guess it depends on where you're located. Swatch Group Canada sells a lot of spare parts to the public. The only exception would seemingly be critical movement parts a watchmaker could use to service a watch they would rather come to them.

I bought a complete bezel for my 2225.80 a few months ago and they shipped it via FedEx.

My fingers are crossed you can buy the part you desire and have it installed by a watchmaker.

Also, Swatch no longer sold the aforementioned insert by itself and that's why I had to buy the complete bezel. It was around $400 CAD for mine.
Thanks a lot for your response. Thats right, inserts are not sold separately. When I had the pre-Bond black Seamaster back in the 90's I also had to buy a complete bezel to replace a scratched insert.

Here in Denmark, Swatchgroup are under strict control of every part they get from Omega and will never sell any part - only to dealers.

Was it from Swatchgroup Canada in Toronto you ordered the complete bezel set?

Last edited by a1awan; 10 November 2020 at 11:25 AM.. Reason: Wrong wording
Old 10 November 2020, 10:57 AM   #7
KBM
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1awan View Post
Thanks for your input. How sure can you and I be that the cases are exactly the same and the bezels are not different in any way?

Was worried the thread inside the bezel or on the case and the lock mechanism could be modified?
These are mass produced watches. I would be very surprised if the same model, with the same case size, had different specs varying only because of the color. Not even Rolex does this.
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2020, 11:29 AM   #8
a1awan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBM View Post
These are mass produced watches. I would be very surprised if the same model, with the same case size, had different specs varying only because of the color. Not even Rolex does this.

It makes sense what you say. Maybe I became too worried and suspicious because an AD here in Copenhagen said he was not sure the orange cemamic bezel would fit into any other 43.5mm cal 8900 models.