The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 10 December 2021, 06:00 PM   #1
pescoba
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
60th Anniversary Day Date

Just curious here, I am jumping on the opportunity to pick up the president in RG with the green dial for what I think is a good deal. It's already on it's way to me.

Anyone here own one and can give insight on how they like theirs. I daily a Hulk already and beat it up pretty badly I am assuming I would have to be a lot more careful with this piece.
pescoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2021, 06:17 PM   #2
JSCP
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PM’s/Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by pescoba View Post
Just curious here, I am jumping on the opportunity to pick up the president in RG with the green dial for what I think is a good deal. It's already on it's way to me.

Anyone here own one and can give insight on how they like theirs. I daily a Hulk already and beat it up pretty badly I am assuming I would have to be a lot more careful with this piece.
I have a RG with sun-dust dial, a wg with olive dial and a yg white dial. Must say the president bracelets is very forgiving. However treating watches “respectfully”
is how I describe l the way I handle my watches. Mine look like new just about, but I rotate and careful not to desk bang etc, just conscious enough.

There is talk no about gold being soft.

I think there is no need to abuse any decent watch.

Do get insurance in your new DD

beater get ann ugly or Apple Watch.
DD40 RG/Sundust-Roman;DD40YG/White/Roman;DD40 WG/Olive;Daytona RG;Sub Black YG; Daytona Panda; Celebration 41; GMT-II’s: Left VTNR; GRNR; Batman; SkyDweller SSJubilee/Black; SUB no-date; Oysterquartz SS; DJ SS 36mm’87; Cartier: Roadster YG;Santos YG; Panther YG; Panther SS; Tank’73 YG, Tank must 2023 ;Tank Americaine YG;BulgariBB38mm/YG
JSCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2021, 06:25 PM   #3
AEV
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP & Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by pescoba View Post

Have exactly the same DD as you are about to receive. I don't daily it as I like to rotate my watches. It's a stunning piece, the best looking DD IMHO.
I am a bit more mindful when wearing it as it is PM and obviously softer than steal. If it keeps going up in value, I am sure I will be more mindful coming spring/summer when wearing it outside.

Congrats and enjoy this stunning watch!
AEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2021, 06:55 PM   #4
nollie85
Banned

If your wearing style is beating up watches you got not chance with fluted bezels.

Your DD40 is going to look like crap if your not aware and dont treat it right.

My DD40 I have worn since 2016 and it looks pretty damn new. But I am concious EVERYTIME I wear it. I dont desk dive my wrists, I dont bang it on doors or scrape it on surfaces.
nollie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2021, 07:34 PM   #5
George58
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek Aquanaut
Quote:
Originally Posted by nollie85 View Post
If your wearing style is beating up watches you got not chance with fluted bezels.

My DD40 I have worn since 2016 and it looks pretty damn new. But I am concious EVERYTIME I wear it. I dont desk dive my wrists, I dont bang it on doors or scrape it on surfaces.
sounds like fun and relaxing time while you wear your DD
George58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2021, 07:55 PM   #6
rlx123
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Life is short, imo wearing it worry free is the only way to fully enjoy it. I daily wear my Daytona and do yard work with my Pepsi. The only pm piece I have is the bluesy and the bracelet is scratched up but I don’t care. These watches become an extension of my life story because of all the blemishes. My children will inherit my watches as is on the outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rlx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2021, 08:02 PM   #7
nollie85
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by George58 View Post
sounds like fun and relaxing time while you wear your DD
Doesnt matter if its a DD or a SS Sub. I treat all my watches with care and diligence. Its actually not just my watches my cars and my houses are all pristine and well up-kept as well.

Thats how I have always been all my life even way before when I used to ride BMX bikes when I was like 12-13 years old. My bike was always the most shiny and clean out of all the kids I used to hand around.

Its always been me.

But if your going to bang around anything its going to show it. Someone that takes pride and care of their things will show it. Doesnt matter what it is
nollie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2021, 09:11 PM   #8
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
Congrats on your new and the most gorgeous timepiece (Day-Date)!

I got mine many months ago and it's still looks brand-new, I always take a good care about everything that I own.
Rolex: 116621, 126333, 126711CHNR, 114060, 116500LN White, 126660 JC, 126710BLNR, 126710BLRO, 116610LV, 126610LN, 126610LV, 116508 YG Green Dial, 124300 Turquoise, 126719BLRO Meteorite dial, 228235 Olive dial ,126755SARU, 116505 RG Black dial, 326934 Blue Sky D.
Audemars Piguet: 15451ST Blue, 15500OR w/Bracelet, 14790SA, 14790BA, 26022BC(Salmon) Patek Philippe: 5524R, 5712G, ALS: Time Zone 136.032, Cartier: WGSA0030, WSSA0061, YG Oct. 2965, Carree 2961, Breguet: 7137BA, MontBlanc: 109996"
Benzsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2021, 10:04 PM   #9
AD337
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Doesnt matter if its a DD or a SS Sub. I treat all my watches with care and diligence. Its actually not just my watches my cars and my houses are all pristine and well up-kept as well.

Thats how I have always been all my life even way before when I used to ride BMX bikes when I was like 12-13 years old. My bike was always the most shiny and clean out of all the kids I used to hand around.

Its always been me.

But if your going to bang around anything its going to show it. Someone that takes pride and care of their things will show it. Doesnt matter what it is
My long lost cousin

Finally someone else is like me lol!!

To the OP - YES! You do need to be more careful with your new DD40.. as everyone said already, this piece won’t look right all torn up

I have a DD40 by the way and love it LOVE IT! Get ready to be blown away once you wear it (mine is 228238 YG/CHAMPAGNE/ROMANS)
AD337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2021, 10:16 PM   #10
jgottsman11
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: President
I wear mine at work, in my pajamas, at the gym, wherever. Enjoy it. It's the watch that i've gotten the most compliments on of any watch I've worn.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2449.jpg (109.0 KB, 457 views)
jgottsman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2021, 10:30 PM   #11
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Great watch. Enjoy.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2021, 11:28 PM   #12
Jaypremium
"TRF" Member

Congrats on picking up the best DD combo ever made imho. As far as the anniversary u have to be mindful when u wear it and the beauty alone will remind u its on your wrist everytime. I differ in opinion because i feel like the fluted bezzle actually hides dings and scratches better then anything else because of the design. Although that might be the case u cannot treat this watch how u do your hulk because of the metal difference. The president bracelet also hides scratches extremely well but that doesn’t mean abuse it lol. Because of how the world is now u will be surprised how many people really know what watch your wearing because of the green dial on this watch. Enjoy it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jaypremium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 12:07 AM   #13
sond86
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
I rotate wear the same watch and try my best to avoid banging it
I even put mask tape on my work desk to cover some medal edges.
I don’t wear it when doing physical work
If it gets some minor scuffs I don’t fret it!
sond86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 02:06 AM   #14
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Actually, I think the president bracelet and fluted bezel are designed to show less wear. I'm not saying they won't scratch, but the marks are not as easily visible as some of the other models.

Now, I'm not saying you can't beat them up. I mean, a little common sense goes a long way.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 04:24 AM   #15
JayHantz
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: @Escapementt
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchwatcher View Post
Actually, I think the president bracelet and fluted bezel are designed to show less wear. I'm not saying they won't scratch, but the marks are not as easily visible as some of the other models.

Now, I'm not saying you can't beat them up. I mean, a little common sense goes a long way.
I second this! I have a YG DD and wear it quite often, in fact, if I had to get rid of everything in my collection and keep one, this would be it.

Now, having descent wrist awareness is key, but I can say that it still looks brand new. The bracelet and fluted bezel really hide the hairlines that are common with gold pieces quite well.
JayHantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 06:36 AM   #16
MichelleP
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40RG Olive dial
Congratulations. The best DD IMO and I absolutely love mine.
MichelleP is offline   Reply With Quote