The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 February 2022, 10:32 AM   #1
Stickboy
"TRF" Member

Rubber Straps

I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I couldn't come up with much in the search function. I'm looking to put my Rolex on a rubber strap for the summer. Change the look up a little and have something that won't get scratched up like the Jubilee bracelet would. My problem is that I have smaller wrists, probably just under 6.5 inches. I'm looking for a rubber strap that won't hang out too much when hooked through the buckle, if that makes sense. Most of the major companies that sell them, don't really list the lengths of their products, basically a one size fits all. I'd prefer to stick with a proven company that makes a strap specific for my model. Does anybody have a recommendation for me? Thanks in advance!
Stickboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2022, 10:40 AM   #2
dpt.calvin
"TRF" Member

Everest. They sell short straps for small wrists.

https://www.everestbands.com/product...ariner-ceramic
Old 24 February 2022, 10:58 AM   #3
winst
"TRF" Member

Which model Rolex is it?
winst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2022, 11:05 AM   #4
Stickboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpt.calvin View Post
Everest. They sell short straps for small wrists.

https://www.everestbands.com/product...ariner-ceramic
I looked at Everest. Unless I'm missing something, they don't make a strap for my model. I have a modern Datejust 41.
Old 24 February 2022, 11:06 AM   #5
Stickboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winst View Post
Which model Rolex is it?
Recent Datejust 41.
Old 24 February 2022, 11:12 AM   #6
dpt.calvin
"TRF" Member

There’s RubberB.

https://rubberb.com/blog/product/blu...buckle-series/
Old 24 February 2022, 11:15 AM   #7
dpt.calvin
"TRF" Member

Datejust on rubber doesn’t look right IMO.
Old 24 February 2022, 11:36 AM   #8
Stickboy
"TRF" Member

Rubber B is the frontrunner for me at the moment. But, looking at their gallery, their straps might be a little on the long side for me. I have a smooth bezel on my Datejust, so it's a little more on the sportier side, but I understand why some wouldn't like the combination.
Old 24 February 2022, 11:47 AM   #9
Rado63
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116334
Rubber B makes straps in different lengths for the sport models, but I see that for a DJ41 it's one size fits most so that may not work for you because the tail of the strap may be too long. ABP Paris has a Rolex "R" strap that indicates it is for DJ. You could send a note to be sure it's ok on DJ41. The straps come in sizes and use the original Rolex clasp. Communicate with them regarding the size best for you. If you have a jubilee bracelet you may not be able to use that clasp on their rubber bracelet, buy they have buckles for you.

https://www.abpconcept.paris/collect...leather-straps
Old 24 February 2022, 01:02 PM   #10
Stickboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rado63 View Post
Rubber B makes straps in different lengths for the sport models, but I see that for a DJ41 it's one size fits most so that may not work for you because the tail of the strap may be too long. ABP Paris has a Rolex "R" strap that indicates it is for DJ. You could send a note to be sure it's ok on DJ41. The straps come in sizes and use the original Rolex clasp. Communicate with them regarding the size best for you. If you have a jubilee bracelet you may not be able to use that clasp on their rubber bracelet, buy they have buckles for you.

https://www.abpconcept.paris/collect...leather-straps
Yeah, I noticed Rubber B only has the one size for the Datejust41. I have a feeling; it might be too long for me. Thanks for the information on the other company, I'll look into them.
Old 24 February 2022, 01:28 PM   #11
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
I ordered a curved end rubber strap for my OP41 from Strapsco for just $60, it even includes a generic oyster clasp. I’ll let the forum know what I think of it when it arrives. I have an OEM Oysterflex and Smarty endlinks for my Daytona, pricy but genuine Rolex. I may pursue that if the other one doesn’t work out but Oysterflex is hard to source. RubberB makes one for it but I don’t like the one size fits all.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2022, 10:11 PM   #12
Stickboy
"TRF" Member

Anybody use Horus Watch Straps? They look like they have a model that might work.
Old 24 February 2022, 10:29 PM   #13
mateopg
"TRF" Member

I’ve tried a lot of brands and i can tell that now i always buy from Tempomat Madrid, quality is nice, they got straps for rolex, patek , panerai and more brand and their price is half from other competitors.

Leave a shot of my White Daytona on digital camo rubberand their websitehttp://www.tempomaterials.com

Hope it helps!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 6C5F86ED-9D29-4A76-8BB7-0B07641AB6B4.jpeg (152.6 KB, 354 views)
mateopg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2022, 06:26 AM   #14
maximilianmuller
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV/TBB
Rubber B is for smaller wrists

Rubber B is WAY WAY in another league than everest and the other copycats IMO with regards to material and endurance as per myself and my buddies' experiences over the past years. The tang strap RB offers was too short for my large wrist (7-8). They are better suited for smaller wrists. Anyway, if you have a small wrist with a 41mm watch, you're asking for issues with most other strap companies who (unlike RB) try to fit the most customers as you mentioned wisely.
maximilianmuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2022, 07:13 AM   #15
Cryptochonos1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sky Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickboy View Post
I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I couldn't come up with much in the search function. I'm looking to put my Rolex on a rubber strap for the summer. Change the look up a little and have something that won't get scratched up like the Jubilee bracelet would. My problem is that I have smaller wrists, probably just under 6.5 inches. I'm looking for a rubber strap that won't hang out too much when hooked through the buckle, if that makes sense. Most of the major companies that sell them, don't really list the lengths of their products, basically a one size fits all. I'd prefer to stick with a proven company that makes a strap specific for my model. Does anybody have a recommendation for me? Thanks in advance!
Most companies like Horus make them in a basic large strap, but you can cut them and your supposed to shape the edge like the half link on a Rolex oyster bracelet. But usually all you need is a box cutter or razor
Cryptochonos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2022, 07:22 AM   #16
Feb_29
"TRF" Member

I have 6.5" wrist. When I'm go diving I switch to Rubber B for my Sub41. The strap is fine in terms of length.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0300.jpg (117.4 KB, 294 views)
Feb_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2022, 09:39 AM   #17
Stickboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateopg View Post
I’ve tried a lot of brands and i can tell that now i always buy from Tempomat Madrid, quality is nice, they got straps for rolex, patek , panerai and more brand and their price is half from other competitors.

Leave a shot of my White Daytona on digital camo rubberand their websitehttp://www.tempomaterials.com

Hope it helps!
Thanks for the information, this gives me another option, I'll check them out.
Old 25 February 2022, 09:41 AM   #18
Stickboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianmuller View Post
Rubber B is WAY WAY in another league than everest and the other copycats IMO with regards to material and endurance as per myself and my buddies' experiences over the past years. The tang strap RB offers was too short for my large wrist (7-8). They are better suited for smaller wrists. Anyway, if you have a small wrist with a 41mm watch, you're asking for issues with most other strap companies who (unlike RB) try to fit the most customers as you mentioned wisely.
Huh, I thought Rubber B, was more on the larger side. I guess I'll email them and see if I can get some dimensions.
Old 25 February 2022, 09:43 AM   #19
Stickboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptochonos1 View Post
Most companies like Horus make them in a basic large strap, but you can cut them and your supposed to shape the edge like the half link on a Rolex oyster bracelet. But usually all you need is a box cutter or razor
Horus, is another company I've been looking at. I plan on emailing them too, and see what the dimensions are.
Old 25 February 2022, 09:48 AM   #20
Stickboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feb_29 View Post
I have 6.5" wrist. When I'm go diving I switch to Rubber B for my Sub41. The strap is fine in terms of length.
Feb_29, I probably have a similar size wrist to yours, maybe a little smaller. Does the tail of the strap stick out much from the buckle on yours? If I could ask you a favor, could you snap a picture of the buckle side while you're wearing it? This is my biggest concern on any rubber strap, the tail sticking way out from the buckle and catching on things. Thanks again for your post.
Old 25 February 2022, 10:06 AM   #21
Feb_29
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Feb_29, I probably have a similar size wrist to yours, maybe a little smaller. Does the tail of the strap stick out much from the buckle on yours? If I could ask you a favor, could you snap a picture of the buckle side while you're wearing it? This is my biggest concern on any rubber strap, the tail sticking way out from the buckle and catching on things. Thanks again for your post.
I have my Sub41 back on bracelet and don't have picture. The strap has two loops that hold the end of the strap in place. I don't have any issue with my Rubber B strap for Sub41 or Everest lather strap on my Daytona. Whatever strap you chose, make sure that you don't loos your watch. I can speak of Rubber B strap that I use on my DSSD and Sub41 that I've put through the test by wear them over diving suit while diving. Providing pic for Everest size standard on my Daytona, which is exactly the same length as Rubber B.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0347.jpg (28.8 KB, 239 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0346.jpg (22.0 KB, 237 views)
Old 25 February 2022, 10:18 AM   #22
Stickboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have my Sub41 back on bracelet and don't have picture. The strap has two loops that hold the end of the strap in place. I don't have any issue with my Rubber B strap for Sub41 or Everest lather strap on my Daytona. Whatever strap you chose, make sure that you don't loos your watch. I can speak of Rubber B strap that I use on my DSSD and Sub41 that I've put through the test by wear them over diving suit while diving. Providing pic for Everest size standard on my Daytona, which is exactly the same length as Rubber B.
Feb_29, I appreciate you taking the time to post pictures for me. One more question for you. On your Rubber B straps, does the second outer loop slide around much in daily wear? As long as it stays in one spot and secures the tail of the strap, I'd be happy with it.
Old 25 February 2022, 10:21 AM   #23
Driver8
"TRF" Member

R Strap from ABP -

https://www.abpconcept.paris/collections/r-strap-rubber
Driver8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2022, 10:41 AM   #24
Stickboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
Hmm, will have to do more research on this one. It seems like their bands are a universal fit for almost all Rolex watches. I would have thought they would need to be a specific fit for each model.
Old 25 February 2022, 11:14 AM   #25
Feb_29
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Feb_29, I appreciate you taking the time to post pictures for me. One more question for you. On your Rubber B straps, does the second outer loop slide around much in daily wear? As long as it stays in one spot and secures the tail of the strap, I'd be happy with it.
No, it doesn't slide around for me.
Old 25 February 2022, 12:22 PM   #26
Stickboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No, it doesn't slide around for me.
Good to know. Feb_29, you've been really helpful to me, I appreciate it. You've answered a bunch of concerns of mine and have helped me on making a decision of buying a new strap.