The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 18 March 2022, 12:28 AM   #1
youthagainsttt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Piaget,Rolex,AP,HB
Bulgari Octo - observations & price

Hi guys,
Just took a cursory glance at the Octo Finissimo blue dial on C24, seems they are at a discount even though at boutiques /dealers here you'd need to be on a waiting list and perhaps for some time. Anybody here purchased one and got a discount for it? Is it possible on the blue dial from an AD/boutique and how much for black dial?

One of the things holding me back from this is the lack of available non-Oem straps but the bracelet is amazing. And this is coming from someone who owns 2 Royal Oak
youthagainsttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2022, 02:17 AM   #2
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Agreed about the straps, would love to see a nice selection offered. There is non-OEM, yet few of those too :(
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2022, 04:12 AM   #3
JMac6
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youthagainsttt View Post
Hi guys,
Just took a cursory glance at the Octo Finissimo blue dial on C24, seems they are at a discount even though at boutiques /dealers here you'd need to be on a waiting list and perhaps for some time. Anybody here purchased one and got a discount for it? Is it possible on the blue dial from an AD/boutique and how much for black dial?

One of the things holding me back from this is the lack of available non-Oem straps but the bracelet is amazing. And this is coming from someone who owns 2 Royal Oak
I purchased a Bulgari OF S in Silver from Hodinkee. I have seen it and other iterations at ADs. It looks like you can buy the blue iteration on the Bulgari website. I did not get a discount from Hodinkee, but perhaps an AD would give you a discount. Nowadays, I typically do not negotiate for a discount, since I want to remain in my ADs' good graces.

In my view, the non-OEM straps will come. I see some options, and I am sure you could get, say, Delugs, to make an alligator strap. I would love to have the option of putting it on a strap.
JMac6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2022, 12:57 PM   #4
youthagainsttt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Piaget,Rolex,AP,HB
Thanks guys, anyone else managed to get a decent discount at the ADs'?
youthagainsttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2022, 08:50 PM   #5
shafran
"TRF" Member

I know when I sold mine I took a big hit
shafran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2022, 09:18 PM   #6
EdwardC
2024 Pledge Member

Look for pre-owned if you're seeking for a deal. These days I don't think discount from ADs is common anymore.
EdwardC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2022, 09:37 PM   #7
seastu
"TRF" Member

Love the Octo!!
seastu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2022, 11:18 AM   #8
wesdaniel
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Varies
I picked up the OF stainless blue dial last week. I negotiated a trade for a couple of my watches (a Cartier and an Omega), so it's kind of difficult to tell whether I got a discount or not...

But, I can tell you that, so far, I love this watch. It's one that will be in my collection for a long, long time.
wesdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2022, 11:57 AM   #9
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Congrats Wes!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 21 March 2022, 02:06 AM   #10
JMac6
"TRF" Member

My OF is the one watch that instantly brings a smile to my face. It wearing experience is incredibly enjoyable.
Old 21 March 2022, 02:55 AM   #11
smg8
Banned

These look great in pictures, but I was completely underwhelmed when I tried one on in person. Perhaps one of those that just suits other people more than me!
smg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2022, 04:14 AM   #12
JMac6
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smg8 View Post
These look great in pictures, but I was completely underwhelmed when I tried one on in person. Perhaps one of those that just suits other people more than me!
Which one did you try?
Old 21 March 2022, 05:37 AM   #13
smg8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMac6 View Post
Which one did you try?
I was fortunate to try the black, blue and matte silver dial versions (if memory serves correct) at Bvlgari in Manchester (England) last year.

I was genuinely excited going in thinking I’d buy one but they just didn’t click for me. That’s just me though, I bought a Hublot instead which makes me a pariah in these parts
smg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2022, 05:57 AM   #14
Watchflair
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500 116518LN
Strongly considering an Octo. Had the opportunity to try on the SS and Titanium - I’d probably opt for the Titanium. Would definitely need a discount as these take a fairly decent hit on the secondary market. As far as getting a discount - go in ready to buy and I’m sure they will deal. These don’t have a high rate of sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 21 March 2022, 06:58 AM   #15
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

It seems the Octo visually works better on 'smaller' wrists. So yes, try before buying if you are in doubt for sure.

Old 21 March 2022, 07:03 AM   #16
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

I would love to be able to get the vertical brushed steel. Just wears too broad on my wrist unfortunately. Would Love for them to make a smaller diameter or maybe somehow make it less boxy.

On a side note, one of the biggest shocks I’ve ever had trying on a watch was the Octo carbon minute repeater. It was honestly jaw dropping and the weight (or lack their of) was unreal.

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2022, 07:17 AM   #17
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Mine had a rotor issue and there are others with the same problem on a few forums. Would definitely buy with warranty coverage if you do buy.
WatchEater666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2022, 10:42 AM   #18
JMac6
"TRF" Member

Oh, and because a picture is worth a thousand words:

I’ve got 7” wrists, but oval / flat.
Old 21 March 2022, 10:45 AM   #19
Enzo954
"TRF" Member

I tried on the Octo Finissimo Chronograph GMT Titanium yesterday. I believe it's a 42mm and the blue dial you are referring to is a 40mm. I really wanted to like it, but that case design was so broad and boxy looking on my 6.75-inch wrist. It might suit people with larger wrists than myself.
Enzo954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2022, 03:20 PM   #20
Amateur
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo954 View Post
I tried on the Octo Finissimo Chronograph GMT Titanium yesterday. I believe it's a 42mm and the blue dial you are referring to is a 40mm. I really wanted to like it, but that case design was so broad and boxy looking on my 6.75-inch wrist. It might suit people with larger wrists than myself.
Same, really felt it was taking too much wrist real estate - not for me despite being a wonderful piece
Amateur is offline   Reply With Quote