The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 15 June 2022, 02:44 PM   #1
phunky_monkey
2024 Pledge Member

1530 Case Engraving Question

Hey team!

Have a question RE 1530's and was hoping someone might be able to share their knowledge.

I've got two, one a late 5.01X serial, and the other this very early 4.05X. The serial and other info on the lugs is different, which isn't unusual from my research as they did seem to vary through the years. The 5.01 seems correct for that year, but was wondering if anyone could shed any light as to whether they think this looks correct?

All other parts of the watch seem correct, from the case back, dial and 96660 bracelet. Just unsure on the stamping. Any help from those with experience with 1530's would be appreciated. Have looked through lots of photos and any topics I could find, but couldn't find anything on this specifically.

Cheers!

Dane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
phunky_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2022, 07:56 AM   #2
erlendh
"TRF" Member

Looks good to me. Love the 1530, send me a PM if you decide to part with one of them!
erlendh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2022, 12:33 PM   #3
phunky_monkey
2024 Pledge Member

Thanks mate! I absolutely adore them too, was chasing one for years before I managed to get my first in a condition I was happy with.

It's actually why I'm asking the question. A mate of mine wants me to sell one to him, and I wanted to do my due diligence before parting with one. I think I'll keep this example, and sell the other. Still hard to part with...but seems selfish to keep 2 when a mate wants one quite badly!
phunky_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote