The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 January 2024, 07:46 PM   #1
timesnotup
"TRF" Member

Need help! - rolex watch as a wedding gift in singapore

ROLEX WATCH AS A WEDDING GIFT IN SINGAPORE

Hi everyone,

My fiancée and I will be getting married in Singapore next month. I wanted to buy her a Rolex watch as a wedding gift but I'm not familiar with where to purchase in Singapore. Can anyone recommend reputable Rolex retailers in Singapore? I've heard Rolex boutiques at major shopping centers like Marina Bay Sands and ION Orchard but wanted to get input from others who have purchased from these places before.

I'll be in Singapore for a week prior to the wedding for some sightseeing as well. Are there any other must visit locations I should add to my itinerary besides the gardens by the bay and Sentosa island? Any other tips for places to shop, eat or things to do would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations on where to buy the Rolex as well as suggestions for maximizing our time exploring Singapore before the big day! Looking forward to hearing from others who know the city well.
timesnotup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 10:38 PM   #2
LeBapt
2024 Pledge Member

You can try your luck at PnG Watch Dealer, 35 Selegie Rd, #04-09, Singapore 188307

https://www.pngwatchdealer.com/
LeBapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 11:24 PM   #3
faimag
"TRF" Member

Watch: Reverso
The PnG is not an AD.

There are plenty of Rolex ADs in S'Pore. Among the most reputable ones: Hour Glass (few outlets), Watch Palace (next to RSC), Kee Hing Hung, Swiss Watch Gallery, and many more.

If you are looking for preowned, there is even more. But given it's your future wife, I would only opt for NOS! Anyway many 2nd hand shops are gathered at or near Far East Plaza, which is conveniently located very close to the RSC and many of the ADs mentioned above, e.g. Hour Glass and Watch Palace - I've had purchasing experience with both of them and it was fine.

But walking into an AD and buying something on the spot might not be realistic even for a 'female' watch, so you might want to spend more time with the 2nd hand dealers.
faimag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 11:51 PM   #4
watchfreak207
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing You
to avoid disappointment, it is highly unlikely you will be able to get any rolex from any AD. As mentioned, go to Far East Plaza, there are a lot of grey dealers there. They have almost every model there.
watchfreak207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 11:59 PM   #5
pandajoe
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ Sub Pepsi SkyD
Was there in SG last summer - checked out several of the Rolex ADs - they had zero initiative or interest to selling unless they already knew who you are. There were several (I assume) locals picking up watches in the more private sequestered areas. Anyone looking touristy were pretty much ignored. If you happen to have a friend who is local and has a relationship with an AD, that may be a way to help increase your chances and get your foot in the door. Otherwise, it will be very tough. Good luck and congratulations on your wedding !
pandajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 12:01 AM   #6
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sundial
Congrats but why not try to buy where you live and take it with you?
kilyung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 12:41 AM   #7
LeBapt
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by faimag View Post
The PnG is not an AD.
That's true. But as you said, good luck walking into an AD in SG hoping to buy anything. Better to skip the disappointment phase and just go grey.
LeBapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 01:11 AM   #8
Willyjo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timesnotup View Post
ROLEX WATCH AS A WEDDING GIFT IN SINGAPORE

Hi everyone,

My fiancée and I will be getting married in Singapore next month. I wanted to buy her a Rolex watch as a wedding gift but I'm not familiar with where to purchase in Singapore. Can anyone recommend reputable Rolex retailers in Singapore? I've heard Rolex boutiques at major shopping centers like Marina Bay Sands and ION Orchard but wanted to get input from others who have purchased from these places before.

I'll be in Singapore for a week prior to the wedding for some sightseeing as well. Are there any other must visit locations I should add to my itinerary besides the gardens by the bay and Sentosa island? Any other tips for places to shop, eat or things to do would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations on where to buy the Rolex as well as suggestions for maximizing our time exploring Singapore before the big day! Looking forward to hearing from others who know the city well.

What are you looking for? If a TT DJ, then yes

If any SS professional then not likely

PM me and I will see if can help u

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Willyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 02:13 AM   #9
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Congratulations on the Wedding, and during the Year of the Dragon too. Wonderful!

Due to high demand plus timing during the Lunar New Year, it may be very, very challenging to find a Rolex Authorized Dealer with new/for sale inventory. Of course there's 'secondary' markets, though since you live in he USA may i humbly recommend you buy from a USA dealer. If you buy in SG, when you get back to the USA there will be paperwork and fees due.

Singapore has so many wonderful places. The night zoo is also fun. Food stalls are an excellent way to taste many different.... and as funny as this might sound, the SG airport is quite the place, please learn about it.

Above all, congrats on your wedding and wishing your family good health and prosperity.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 03:47 AM   #10
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Happy wedding but forget buying what you want from an AD.
Old 25 January 2024, 06:13 AM   #11
Patekfinder
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchfreak207 View Post
to avoid disappointment, it is highly unlikely you will be able to get any rolex from any AD. As mentioned, go to Far East Plaza, there are a lot of grey dealers there. They have almost every model there.

Are the prices of the grey dealers in Singapore when purchasing IN PERSON any better than what we can get from greys here in the US?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patekfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 07:37 PM   #12
timesnotup
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBapt View Post
You can try your luck at PnG Watch Dealer, 35 Selegie Rd, #04-09, Singapore 188307

https://www.pngwatchdealer.com/
I would check this out. Thank you for this!
Old 25 January 2024, 07:39 PM   #13
timesnotup
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post
Happy wedding but forget buying what you want from an AD.
Thank you, I would keep that in mind.
Old 25 January 2024, 07:46 PM   #14
timesnotup
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Congratulations on the Wedding, and during the Year of the Dragon too. Wonderful!

Due to high demand plus timing during the Lunar New Year, it may be very, very challenging to find a Rolex Authorized Dealer with new/for sale inventory. Of course there's 'secondary' markets, though since you live in he USA may i humbly recommend you buy from a USA dealer. If you buy in SG, when you get back to the USA there will be paperwork and fees due.

Singapore has so many wonderful places. The night zoo is also fun. Food stalls are an excellent way to taste many different.... and as funny as this might sound, the SG airport is quite the place, please learn about it.

Above all, congrats on your wedding and wishing your family good health and prosperity.
Thanks for the heads up about possibly limited Rolex availability during my trip due to the holidays. That's a good point to keep in mind for sure and hadn't considered the hassle of importing it back.

I'm definitely planning to check out some of the unique sights you mentioned too and I just made my research from this blog http://https://gowithguide.com/blog/...ate-guide-5549 It was mentioned here night zoo and local hawker centers. It would be such a fun experience to try all the different food stalls. And how cool that even the airport has become a destination in itself!

I'm nervous on my coming wedding but Thank you so much for the suggestion!
Old 25 January 2024, 09:37 PM   #15
Zsprings
"TRF" Member

Oh ! ....How things have changed buying a new Rolex in Singapore. edit....Having read on further and a few more posts today, I don't care if a new Rolex comes in either a plastic or cardboard 'coffin' or a 'casket', So long as in Singapore, I can get it in my 'basket'
Zsprings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2024, 12:51 AM   #16
BlondesNwatches
"TRF" Member

You need to reach out to ADs in the US and bring the watch with you. What model is she keen on?
BlondesNwatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2024, 02:09 PM   #17
chows99
"TRF" Member

If you happen to be at Chinatown, visit the food centre at Chinatown complex at level 2. There's a great variety of food choices and prices are reasonable.

I would recommend going to The Bencoolen which is near bugis mrt station for grey dealers
chows99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2024, 05:40 PM   #18
996marty
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexGMT/Tudor7928
I would be amazed if could just walk into an AD and expect to walk away with a new watch in most places especially in Singapore. If you go the pre owned route then you’ll be fine as in my opinion Singapore has some brilliant watches and dealers
996marty is offline   Reply With Quote